- As always, I am open to trying anything because I suck at picking things out! But if I were to pick, these ones all sound nice:
All Souls 2017
Dead Leaves, Tuscan Leather, White Amber, and Mimosa Blossom
Apple Butter Rum
In a Whispering Gallery
La Calavera Catrina
Dead Leaves, Bourbon, Black Cherry, and an Orange Twist
Pumpkin Spice Perversion
Groan of Mortal Terror
The Dreadful Silence of that Old House
What are your top three most wanted DC'd or previous LE BPALs?
- Katrina Van Tassel, Hellhound on my Trail, Quincy Morris of course..., any of the Last Unicorn set especially Touched Twice
What are some things you do NOT want to receive?
- Um... first born children? Snot? Trump-supporting propaganda?
Anyone like/want calendars or dayplanners?
- I am a planner addict! I like for my calendars to have moon phases. Dayplanners I prefer month view to week/day view.
If you like stationery, do you like plain, colors, images, or specific DON'T LIKES?
- I love stationery! No dislikes I can think of. I love fancy pens and beautiful artwork/paper pads.
What about general desk stuff like cool colored paperclips and post it pads?
Would anyone be interested in having any of Abigail Larson's artwork (either as a print or on something, like a pillow, blanket, or t-shirt)? https://society6.com/abigaillarson
- Oh, she has beautiful work!! A tote, mug, or phone case would be cool
Does anything catch your eye from Ten Thousand Villages? http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/
- They have so much, I'm not sure where to look! I think this falls under the same category as the other similar website down in questions there; I have worked at World Market for so long, I'm kind of jaded on some of this style of "global" product. I like baskets, bags, purses, etc, but can be kinda finicky with the 'look' of it, if it looks too mass produced I'm less enthused by it.
Would you be into receiving hand made (crocheted, sewn, felted, chain maille, scale, or duct tape, in my case, depending on the item) dishclothes? Scarf/shawl? Hat? Bag? Anything? Colors? (Duct tape, chain maille, and scales come in colors.)
- Oh for sure! I would love more tiered/decorated triangle shawls. I like woven wall tapestries like by Rachel Esperanza of WitchWeave and also have some knitted dragon-scale arm warmers on my Etsy wishlist. Chainmaille items would be cool too given my RAMPANT love for Renaissance Faire
Do you collect anything from SBUX like City Mugs, City Mug ornaments, City Cards, or Bearistas? If so, which do you need/want? Or would you like a City Mug or an ornament for fun?
anybody want homemade fudge? I can do chocolate with or without nuts, peanut butter, and butterscotch.
- Sure! I love peanut butter.
do you like spicy foods? I am currently addicted to these suckers and want to send you some buffalo ridged kettle potato goodness (https://www.billygoa...shop/1lb-kicker)
Question: Is anyone interested in the new Resistance scents that the Lab just released (Take a Knee and SN: Flor de Maga)?
Is anyone here into zero waste, plastic free living, urban homesteading, or any simplicity/minimalism-esque lifestyles? If so, could you use any tools or equipment? At work, I sometimes get access to things like plastic free food containers, unpaper towels, beeswax food wrap, etc. for free. If that's something you could use (for your or your witchee), let me know.
do you collect the art cards that BPAL sends out? Any in particular that you are looking for or definitely don't need?
- I collect them but don't keep track of what I have or need. I think they're great fun and am going to eventually put them into one of those collage frames on the wall!
Do you like this beautiful art, and she makes stickers and prints...SOOOO gorgeous: https://www.shannatr...om/paperprints/
- These are quite lovely! As I said in regards to fanart, I may not have much to do with prints yet since I don't have anywhere to hang them. I also really like She Paints With Blood, she is a local artist whose prints I'd love to collect!
Favorite animals or wild creatures or mythological creatures?
- Bats, cats, dogs, wolves, bees, unicorns, dragons
would you like any swag from the Depeche Mode concert? (pins, posters, shirts, program, dunno what they'll have!)
Are you interested in anything from Bath & Bodyworks? Which products and scents do you like? www.bathandbodyworks.com/
- Nothing in particular.
I am possibly going to a crystal / gem show tomorrow. I can't afford expensive gem stones, but...
What kind of crystals would you like?
- ALL THE GEMSTONES
Pumpkin or Zucchini bread?
What kind of homemade cookies are your favorite?
- Chewy and soft! I like snickerdoodles and peanut butter cookies, but chocolate chip ones are good too!
Could you use a muscle rub? (We make ours on the lunar cycle and it has menthol, wintergreen, habanero, cayenne, olive oil, st. john's wort, arnica, beeswax, calendula, and ginger. It tingles. We call it "Thunder Butter". If you have really really super sensitive skin, I would recommend against it. And don't take a hot shower or open all of your pores before using it.)
- Omg, always.
Interested in trying some of our rose petal (rose petals, sugar, everclear) or lavender vanilla bean (lavender, vanilla bean, vodka) liqueur?
- These all sound divine!!!!
Want some honey from the bees on our property?
- Yissss gimme the honey
Would you like some homemade jam? I have blackberry, rose petal, strawberry rhubarb, peach, and cherry.
- Ohh, rose, peach, and strawberry rhubarb all sound divine!
How about some homemade candied jalapenos with garlic cloves? I have regular and with habanero.
- Hmm, I probably wouldn't use these, I'm pretty traditional with my pepper use
I didn't dry any apples this year but I was thinking of heading over to Green Bluff and seeing if any honeycrisps are left. I have a commercial dehydrator so let me know if you are interested in any "Apple Crips" (as voodoocatwoman calls them!) I wash, peel, core, and slice before dehydrating.
Do you need any kind of dice bag, tote, project bag, cosmetic bag, pencil bag, or whatever? I have lots of bag patterns and fabric. We make bags under the name Twinkle N Twilight.
Or how about a couple of pillowcases?
- Sure-- all of the above
Would my witchee like this to warm up the fall coffee cup?? https://www.truelemo...gory-s/1871.htm
- Sure! Cider is tasty.
do you like to take baths? if so, do you like oils, salts, things that fizz, all of the above, none of the above?
- Yes, all!
What style/make/etc of phone do you have? What about size of tablet? Laptop? Would you like decals, skins, or cases for any of these?
- I have a Galaxy S7 and an ACER 11.5" Chromebook! I can always use phone cases and I have my laptop covered in decals of all my nerdy fandoms-- so little stickers and decals will find a home there!
So, question: Are any witchees into coloring books?
- Yes~! I have so many coloring books but hardly ever color, but I love how pretty they are and sometimes they make really cool fandom ones as well. I have a few of Johanna Banford ones and I think they're beautiful and fun. Maybe someday I'll make more time to use them, it's very therapeutic!
See's Candy. My absolute favorite. They have special Halloween candy..any of these pique your interest?? Cinnamon Apple Scotch Mallows, Pumpkin spice truffles, pumpkinspice lollypops, caramel apple lollypops, or any other of their chocolates, etc?
- Everything looks delicious! I love orange, apple, and salted caramel candies the best.
I'm going to Edmonton Expo this weekend (It's Edmonton's version of comic con). Would a witchee like anything from there?
- Business as usual, here, any fandom stuff is great! Licensed OR fan stuff since I love supporting artists, but I prefer items I can use-- like pencil boards or book marks-- to just fanart prints, which I wouldn't have anywhere to put and look at.
Anything catch your eye from this site (globalgirlfriend.com)?
- What a great cause!! I love the copper bracelet and triangle earrings, batik leggings (I'd be a size M-L for most leggings) and the rings. Some of the little baskets and bowls are cool too but after working at World Market they are kinda similar to what I've worked with for over a decade!
Do you like Broadway shows/music? If so what are some of your favorites and/or ones that you hope to see or listen to eventually? Would you like merch from your favorite shows or CDs from shows you want to listen to?
- I love musicals but haven't been able to see many in person! I really like the soundtracks from the Broadway Lion King,Phantom of the Opera, Rent, and Wicked; I was a big fan of Cats as a kid, haha! I don't know that there's anything merch-wise that I'd want, but I don't have any CDs (actually at all, even though I have a CD player in my car, lol) so that would maybe be an idea (or even burned CDs with sing-along music!)
I'm heading to NYCC in October! Is there anything I can get my Witchee while I'm there?
- Other than "everything"?
Aprons: Do you wear them, do you want one? Utility, decorative, cooking or crafting?
- Not really
If you could decorate your house (or one room) in any one theme, what would it be? Your answer can be as simple ("Star Wars" or "Baroque" or "Modern"), or complicated or a combination (e.g. Victorian Gothic) as you feel best fits.
- I typically have country/rustic chic decor in my main living areas. When I had a crafting area I decorated it with lots of earthy/natural/fairy/fantasy style decor, it was my favorite place in the house but I currently don't have access to it since my boyfriend moved in and now it's half taken up by his kids' room. Someday I'll have a fun pretty area to decorate again. I'd like to get some cool gothic and witchy style cabinets and boxes for my altar area when I get a space again.
Do you have something you wish you put on your original questionnaire/forgot to put/would like to add on to?
- I didn't list anything for wishlists for BPTP aside from everything, but for the record I am a L in their shirts (M in beloved tissue tees) and love them. I already own Bitches Love Unicorns, Live Deliciously, and a few other older designs from the grab bags, but kind of like collecting them. I've also been lusting for a pair of yoga pants (I love the Belladonna one).
- In other clothing news, because I'm currently shopping for clothes online and am thinking about it, I am a M-L in leggings and have been really into leggings and tunics this year.
Are you interested in anything from Think Geek?
- I love that site! I don't do a ton of shopping/browsing on there but I'm a sucker for all things nerdy.
Would you be open to previously-loved books?
- Yes! I have no problem with books with obvious wear.
What about partial-full bottles of BPAL or BPTP?
- Love em! I like to try out lots of things and don't mind if it's not full, or decanted.
So what are your favorite fandoms?
- No order: Harry Potter, Marvel, Disney, Hunger Games, Firefly, Stranger Things, Star Trek, My Little Pony
Socks: Do you wear them?
Any particular style (crew length, knee high, anklet, boot, etc.) or fiber (wool, cotton, bamboo anything but wool, etc.) preference?
- Not really. I tend to wear really goofy socks. My job requires a work shoe at all times so I wear socks summer and winter there, and usually get ones with fun or goofy logos and patterns on them so I have a little secret in my shoe. <3 Work socks are usually crew, but I also wear knee high, ankle, and those ballerina-flat style ones. I like fuzzy warm ones in winter, and nerdy themed ones!
I'm in France at the moment, is there anything here you might like? I'm in Provence, the land of lavender, so if you like that flower in particular just say so!
-Oh, I'd love lavender for spellwork. I don't use it much for cooking! But if you find thyme, oregano, provencal herbs, etc, I'd be down for all those for cooking!
Are you into divination? What kind(s) do you currently do? Do you want more books and/or tools for that type (e.g. new tarot cards, new runes)? Is there a new type of #divination you've been meaning to try, and if so, are you looking for the tool, a book on the subject, or both?
- Yes yes yes! I read runes and use a pendulum. I have a book on runic palmistry that I find fascinating and would love more palm reading material. I also have been interested in 'witches runes/staves' (they're not Nordic runes, I see them often and I'm not sure if they're an actual system or an arbitrary symbol set) and oracle pins. I also own the Earthbound Oracle. In Tarot I'm less versed but trying to learn it! I currently have The Illest Tarot and The Fountain Tarot. Although I am getting a bit of a "gotta catch em all" with Tarot, I don't have any specific sets on my wishlist. **Edit** except the TrueBlack Tarot kickstarter which is too expensive for a Witch gift but if you like Tarot, my Witch, go look at it!!
Would my Witchee be interested in a Tarot or Astrology reading done personally?
- Yes!! Either would be nice. I'm especially into astrology/natal chart reading, though.
Does my Witchee need any magical supplies?
-Allllllll of them. Seriously, even if I have it, I need moar. All the magic things! Anything involved with the goddesses Hekate, Brigid, Morrigan, Freyja, or Odin, Coyote, Loki, or even general ones. I am into hoodoo and rootwork, and am a gem fanatic. I'm working on amping up my herb collection. Any magickal teas, candles, etc. I love Nui Cobalt's candles and need all of them. I should still have a lot of TALs on my etsy wishlist (jennevieve59).
Would you be interested in any of the seasonal (or regular) soaps from Cellar Door (https://cellardoorbathsupply.com)?
-Witch, I'm sure you've realized by now that I'm aggravatingly amiable. "Yes! But I've never tried it so I'd like anything!" lol, sorry, My Witch. <3
(for no reason I switched here between questions in bold and answers in plain, to vice versa. Sorry, I'm just dumb...)
How do you feel about chokers?
I am really into chokers this year! I've been wearing multiple-- and multiple necklaces-- in tandem together. Necklaces are this years' stacking rings for me
This has also sort of been mentioned but what are your favorite homemade treats? Popcorn balls? Candy apples? Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Oh nomm! Caramels and fudge, probably. <3 But candy (caramel) apples too!
So many! Labradorite, hematite, tiger eye, moonstone, sunstone, citrine, druzy, turquoise, garnet... the list goes on!
If you enjoy jewelry do you like discrete and elegant, flashy and gaudy, small and light, or large and chunky?
I wear both, but most of my pieces are larger.
Any love of pirates or SCA?
Oh yes!! Both, I am an avid Renaissance Fair attendee and costumer <3
Is there anything you would like from Disney World?
Are you a Potterhead? If so, to which house do you belong?
Die-hard Potterhead! I'm a Slytherin (Pukwudgie in Ilvermorny)
Would you like some Halloween or other themed decor in the form of a banner, something like this http://www.etsy.com/...n-decor-vintage? If so, would you prefer a traditional style or a vertical door type?
Those are SUPER cute!! I would love any style! I love Ween decor!
Do you live near a Trader Joe's? If not, are you interested in trying any of the numerous Pumpkin goodies they come out with this time every year?
I live somewhat close to one, but have never been!
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Could you use any specific ingredients (spices, oils, salts, extracts, etc.) or kitchen utensils/gadgets?
I cook and love fancy spices, oils, salts, etc. I don't need any more kitchen gadgets or utensils, unless they're too cute to pass up (I'm a kitchen-stuff-hoarder.)
I'm at Ocean City MD for bike week......would a witches want anything from here? Bike or beach related??
What is 1 thing you would love to see in your final box? Can be ANYTHING - your choice.
I love the surprise, there's not anything specific that I'd love. I'm sure I'll love whatever I get!
Who would love some USPS eclipse stamps?
Oooo that'd be neat! I rarely use stamps, though
Do any of you potential Witchees have any kitties, puppers, or youngling humans you want spoiled in your packages? What treats or toys do they like?
Yes! I have dogs and cats. The dogs prefer treats to toys because their favorite game is "sleep on mama," but the kitty loves toys, lasers, and catnip.
Is there any interest in any of the fragrance oils from the Nocturne Alchemy Weenies update?
I don't follow most other perfume brands, so this would fall under the same category as other scents; I love to try new things and might find an unexpected favorite!
Is there anything you want from the trading post (or trading post etsy) that is available to order right now? (Fatherhood, Puppers, normal GC things)
Oh I love anything BPTP! Here's some picks from the new releases:
Fatherhood: My Little Themysciran Princess / Spinning on Graves / Zip Line
Puppers: Ella / Lola / Pa-Pow / Pickle
Are you a gamer? If so, what games are you currently playing and is there any merch for that game you'd love to have?-
If you are a gamer do you have a steam/gamestop/amazon wishlist?
No, I have some old game consoles but don't play much
How do you feel about the following scarf options (assuming you're into scarves)?
- Simple eyelet scarf
- Chevron scarf
- Lacy and fuzzy
- Skinny rib knit (extra long for lots of wrapping)
Oh the chevron and leafy ones are lovely!
Like beer? What styles most appeal to you?
I'm a beer fan-- I like all styles, and if I don't like them, I like to try them! I usually prefer fruity and wheat beers.
Like booze? What kinds?
Any, though I don't like mint, cinnamon, or licorice flavors very much
Like Wine? What kinds?
Would you be interested in a set of hand-made hair falls? It's something I do for fun and I can make any length and do an array of colors!
I don't know if I'm smart enough to use them? Hahaha My hair is so short right now it's probably not something I would use.
For those who watch certain movies every year for Halloween, what are those movies, whether horror or not? Any favorite horror movies that aren't necessarily on the annual-viewing list? How do you feel about fan-made merch for these movies?
Hocus Pocus, The Witches, The Worst Witch, Practical Magic, the Craft, Rocky Horror Picture Show... well, I watch these all the time, but they're Halloweenie. I love fan made merch for any fandom/nerd stuff! I like horror movies but don't watch them often.
Here's a great local soapmaker I love--y'all see anything you would like? https://littleseedfarm.com/
That all looks lovely!
What are your favorite/preferred Halloween/autumn icons/images? Any to specifically stay away from?
Well I'm a big fan of witches, pumpkins, fall leaves, spiders, and gothic elegant things
Do you eat candy, and if so would Halloween candy be welcome? Specialty candy from local or unusual sources? Chocolate?
Any! I don't eat a lot of candy but I like chocolate, and salted caramel; anything else I can gift to my family/friends
Do you want Fidget spinners, desk toys, or other frivolous things that you look at and decide you don't need enough to spend $ on but would make you happy to have?
Any zentangle lovers, people who would like to try it, or would you want a piece of someone else's zentangle art?
I don't know what that is
Any love of hair toys, clips, ribbons, fascinators, mini hats, etc?
What local goodies may be of interest? Local Honey, jams,candy?
I love small business/local items like that, from anywhere!
Are you interested in any prescription services like serial magazines, Birch box, ipsy?
Ohh, I'd love to get Barkbox, Sketchbox, Lootcrate, and nerdy- or witch-themed/magickal themed subscription boxes.
Would you like funky Halloweenie costume makeup like Gothic eyelashes, nail effects, black lipstick, etc.?
How do you like to listen to music? CD, 8 track tape, mix tape, Pandora or Spotify, I-tunes?
Pandora or CD
Do you prefer reading on Kindle or actual book? What kind of books do you like? Would you like to be surprised with a scary, classic, horror book?
I don't have an e-reader. Sure!
Candles, Incense, or wax tarts? Do you have favorite brands or Weenies scents for the home? Would you like to receive a wax tarts burner, incense burner, essential oils diffuser, or Halloweenie themed candle holders?
Yes! No favorites other than obviously BPAL/BPTP. I don't currently own a wax burner.
Witchee: are you interested in crafting materials?
Ohhhhh yissss. Haha! I don't *need* any since I'm a hoarder but I do love adding to the hoard.
I'm in Japan, is there anything specific from here you would want?
How do you feel about nail wraps?
They're beautiful, I've never used them!
if you were to receive something hand knit, what type of item would you like? hat, cowl, handwarmers, etc. and what color(s)?
- would you use knitted washcloths? a scarf? Are you allergic or sensitive to any fibers?
Oh a cowl would be nice! Handwarmers are nice too because it's cold AF in Colorado Not allergic to anything!! Colors: Pink, teal, mustard yellow
If you could be ANY character from a film, TV show or book, who would it be and why?
I have no idea! Haha, I like too many things.
If you could hop into a time machine and travel anywhere/anytime, where would it be and why?
I wanna go see the dinosaurs :> Lol! It'd be great to travel and check out some awesome costumes back in the 1700-1800s, or even visit original pagan cultures, as long as I could come back to the present!
If you could invite 3 famous people to a BPAL meet and sniff, who would invite?
Haha! Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt, Ellen Degeneres, Patrick Stewart, Mark Ruffalo, Stephen Hawking, so many funny and smart and awesome people I'd invite... Just cuz I wanna meet all of them. Lol!
Do you like and/or want anything from Elements and Artifacts? You can be vague like "yes" or "no" or name specific past pieces you coveted or current ones you love, whatever works best.
Yessssss, I love E&A!
Would you like something hand sewn by your Witch? A dress, shirt, skirt, infinity scarf, something else?
Sure!! Whatever they love to make!
Anyone want any kind of costuming accessories or makeup or odds and ends?
Same as my answer to craft materials-- I hoard, so I always *want* even when I don't need, haha!
Are there any hobbies or crafts you've been thinking of trying, but haven't had the chance yet?
Not really! I want to get more into making art dolls. Just no time!!
Would you want to receive a custom spell kit or magical tea? If so, what purpose would you want it to be for?
Oh yes!! Any, as I'm sure I'll need it eventually. Right now in my life I'm working on drawing prosperity and admiration/respect. I also need tea that is geared to help me center and get in the mindset to do work.
Do you like poetry?
Not really, I try to:)
Anyone like handmade critters, stuffed animals, or custom repaints?
I love all of these !!
Would you enjoy any designer/specialty yarn for your own craftyness?
Would anyone like a donation made in their name to a cause or charity?
Not really, I have lots of groups I donate to regularly
Please provide wishes from the last two updates?
From the Lilith update: Admente / Closet Raid / Dancing Among the Tombs / Do All the Good you Can / Do You Like Clowns / Ego Sum Lux Mundi / Poke / The Spectral Flower Girl / Valuable, Powerful, Deserving
I'd be happy to receive any of the Activism blends, as well, and-- as always with me-- I'm open to trying anything because I often love things I don't think I would based on notes alone! My collection is mostly older scents, so anything new would be fun.
Would you be interested in things from Future Primitive? (http://futureprimitivesoap.co.uk/)
Are there any UK things you'd like to get?
Not that I know of
Are you into podcasts? If so, what are your favorites? Would you like any merch related to any of them?
Would you like something from Nui Cobalt Designs (https://nuicobaltdesigns.com/)?
I loooooove her products and would treasure anything from her line. I love her candles and talismans.
Or maybe some of Christina's lovely Halloween candles at Sihaya & Co. (https://www.sihayaan...lection-candles)?
Same! Forest and Christina are my two regular go-tos for 'splurge' picks.
ILNP? Who would love one of their awesome holos like MEGA or one of their amazing chromes? http://www.ilnp.com/
OMG these are beautiful and now I'm in trouble because I totes want them.
Do you enjoy stationery? I'm thinking cute/quality notebooks, washi tape, stickers, fun pens etc.
Are you interested in anything from Cocoa Pink?
- Or Haus of Gloi?
Yes, yes! I've never tried either, and their things look lovely.
Would you be interested in a Halloween wreath?
Have you seen this: https://www.bustle.c...llection-80733? (Lush Halloween collection.) And what would you like?
Are you interested in anything from the Moonalisa Halloween update?
Never tried, I'd love anything
What are your coffee and/or tea preferences?
- Coffee: whole beans or ground?
- Flavor and roast preferences?
- Tea: black, green, herbal, flavors?
- Loose leaf or tea bags?
- Anything specific you don't like?
- Are you in need of any gadgetry?
I am a coffee fanatic. Stronger the better. I'm getting more into tea lately too!
How would you feel about receiving a hand-painted container for your bpal and/or other treasures?
- would you want a big wood box (~50 bottles), a small wood box (~20 bottles) or a tin for carrying imps around?
I love *all* decorated containers
Who is into K-Beauty (Korean beauty products like sheet masks)
- What are your faves if you are?
- If you aren't would you like to try something?
I'd try it
What are some NEW things you've gotten interested in this year? Could be anything, from a new hobby, new genre of book, new healthy way of living, new fav brand of whatever...
I'm way down the rabbit hole of Witchy living and am super into Hoodoo, Conjure, and any other magickal paths.
What are your feelings about Scooby Doo?
None, I'm not a fan
How do you feel about indie makeup (read: loose eyeshadow, blush, highlighter)?
I looooove it
I drink this stuff almost everyday would anyone else be interested in trying it out? https://www.criobru.com/
Sure I'd try it!!
Would you like one of the Halloween Teeturtle shirts?
They are very cute but not really my style! I don't wear t-shirts a ton and when I do it's usually my BPTP ones.
- No order: Harry Potter, Marvel, Disney, Hunger Games, Firefly, Stranger Things, Star Trek
So, question: Are any witchees into coloring books?