1. I wonder what a potential witchee would think about being bombarded with PUMPKINS in various formats. Because my current obsession just may last long enough to be of use in spoiling.....but I know wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. Would you appreciate it?!?
I'm...ambivalent toward pumpkins really
2. I currently have a CSA and my significant other is perpetually out of town for work, so I've been doing a lot of canning and baking with my vegetables. How do people feel about canned good (pickles, salsa, etc) and vegetal baked goods (squash bread, zucchini bread).
I don't think that's legal to mail here...
3. Trading Post wants?
Not that I can think of specifically...
4. What direct sellers do you not like and would prefer not to get things from? And also feel free to list any retail brands you really don't like.
Um... I'm anti-apple but I don't think that's going to be an issue
5. How about y'alls coffee and tea preferences?
I don't drink coffee
6. Do you cook? Would kitchen accessories make you happy?
I barely cook... so... probably not *sad*
7. How do people feel about creative endeavours? Would you like to receive one? Or supplies to make your own? What do you like? Drawings, stories, poems?
Any and all would be welcome!
8. What culture or country (doesn’t have to be modern) do you feel an innate connection with? What about it makes it special to you?
Um... Hard to say really... I think I'm still looking
9. Is there any sort of art commission you would like: cartoony, pin-up, fantasy, realistic, etc? If so, what subject would you like drawn (a picture of you, a character, a loved one or pet)?
I can't think of a specific one at the moment...
10. What do you find yourself doing for fun in your free time? What are your main hobbies and interests?
Reading and video games mostly
11. Table-top gaming? If yes, what kind, edition, etc? Gaming accessories you long for?
Yeshhhh. I recently joined a group doing D&D 5e so that's pretty fun. I have two sets of pretty dice though so I don't really need more
12. DVD movies or games that you wish would magically appear in your hands? Can they be used, through Amazon?
Not really... I don't watch a lot of movies
13. What kind of snacks or candy from other countries/states would you like to try?
I love twix and milky ways. Butterfingers are pretty good too. I can't really think of much else... my brain isn't working right now
14. Do you have a favorite internet meme, character or pop culture fandom?
I have a lot of fandoms... FFVII is my longest running one. I also like Tiger & Bunny, Majin Tantei Neuro, Detective Loki, Tactics, etc. etc. forever
15. Do you have a Facebook profile (or other social media) that you are comfortable linking to aid your witch in stalking? Please note whether you are willing to add BPALers as friends.
I do but I try not to add people I haven't met in person as I just get confused
I ... have no idea...
17. How important to you is regular contact / chatter with your witch?
Any which way works for me!
18. Do you like puzzles/riddles/treasure hunts and that sort of thing?
I'm really into logic puzzles, especially illustration logic (or whatever its called in other parts of the world... in japan its Illustlogic usually)
19. If you were to receive music, would you want a physical CD or digital versions?
Digital probably... I live in a shoe box
20. What’s a current problem/annoyance you have that could be remedied but you haven’t had time to address it?
I LIVE IN A SHOE BOX
21. How do you feel about having some sort of trinket to carry around for good luck/wishes? i.e. a small figurine, symbol, card, coin…
I'm not particularly superstitious, but can't hurt I guess
22. Are you superstitious about anything? Any things you can't have in your house for that reason--bad associations?
Nothing in particular though a series of events in New Zealand sent me from adamant against to skeptical but open... >.>
23. For the vegetarians and vegans: How do you feel about things (say, marshmallows or gummy candy) made with vegan gelatin or other typically-animal-derived-but-not-in-this-instance products?
Animal or non is fine
24. Ok, so we've covered pumpkin. How do you feel about the other fall classic – apples?
I am very very against apples.
25. Do you have any fabric or skin-contact aversions?
Wool issues, and I will probably freak the hell out with itchy things but I'm not actually allergic or anything
26. How do you feel about Christmas/Yule ornaments?
I don't have a tree...
27. How do you feel about Hello Kitty, and Hello Kitty accessories (including mugs, cups, etc)?
28. If you had a week free where you could learn anything, with no financial restrictions, what would you want to study?
I would probably feel it would be necessary to learn Japanese more...
29. Do you enjoy poetry? Who are your favorite poets and what type of subject matter do you like?
I'm so so for the most part. My favorite poem is Invictus.
30. Would you enjoy receiving something related to a favorite Disney character?
Not a big disney fan
31. How do you feel about cute things as decorations or accessories? (Example: Would you enjoy this stationery - or do you prefer elegant/creepy/neutral stuff?)
Creepy or creepy cute would probably be my preferred. I like things like gloomy bear and nyanpire which are cute but still have a vaguely unsettling air about them I love.
32. What is something you'd really like to recieve from your witch? Please be as specific as possible - no, "Oh whatever she thinks is fine!"
I would want SOMETHING smelly. It doesn't HAVE to be BPAL, though I would probably be a bit confused if there was NO BPAL... I mean... this is BPAL...
33. Go to your music source of choice - on random or shuffle setting if possible - & share with us the 10 most recent songs/artists.
I pretty much only use Pandora so here it goes:
Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
Morning Star - N-Dubz
34. Tarot cards, rune stones and/or other divination tools yay or nay?
Nah, unless they are particularly artistically beautiful cards that I might want for that reason alone
35. Do you have a Celeb crush? or someone who you just can't get enough of....other than your SO
36. Glitter? are you okay with it, or hate it like the plague?
Not big on glitter...
37. If there was another time period other than now that described your style/aesthetics, what would it be?
I tend toward gothic architecture and style. Heavy, thick, dark furniture with metal embellishments. Flowy but reserved clothes. Metal jewelry more than gold. That sort of thing.
38. If you had to pick one or two quotes to live by, what would it be and why?
Hmmm all of the quotes I can think of right now are weird internet references...
39. Do you prefer physical books? CD books? eBooks? If eBooks do you have preferred format, kindle/nook/kobo/PDF/ePub/ect? eAudio?
eBooks, I pretty much solely use my Kobo anymore. So ePub would probably be preferred but PDF also works.
40. Smut! Yes or no? If yes, what kink, er, kind?
41. Ebooks! Yes or no?
42. If you were to get a custom bottle from House of Gloi made for you what notes would create your perfect blend?
Dragon's Blood, Frankincense and Leather. Would it work? Probably not. Would I probably roll around it like a cat stoned on catnip? Yes.
43. If your witch were to take a photograph (or paint or whatever) of something just for you, what would it be? Landscape? Flower? Critter? Something to illustrate a favorite quote?
Hmmm I really have no idea...
44. What is your favorite Halloween animal or other symbol/decoration?
I like bats a lot!
45. Makeup, especially of the indie variety. Nail polish, nail wraps, eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss, etc. Y/N? Specific preferences (color, finish, product, brand, etc.)?
I don't really wear make-up
46. How do you feel about profanity and off-color humor?
Profanity I would prefer to avoid but my sense of humor is pretty dark when it's not being groan worthily punny
47. I make hairsticks...would you like/use them?
I'm sort of hair-tarded... I have a lot of hair but I can't even braid it... the best I do is stick it up in an alligator clip...
48. Does anyone here LARP? If so, what kind of LARP? And what kind of character do you play?
I don't...but I would.
49. Would you completely freak out if I sent you a chocolate covered scorpion or some other food oddity? This includes things like 'bacon powder' from thinkgeek.com.
Scorpion... I wouldn't freak but I also might not eat it... if I bit into it and THEN found out it was a scorpion... there might be some freakage... weird stuff like bacon powder or kitkats that taste like vinegar don't phase me anymore.
50. This has kind of been covered, but, are you ok with receiving canned jam (from a veteran jammer!) and if so, what flavors would you like and not like?
Don't think it can be sent here
51. Let's talk nail polish. What colors do you love? Hate? Which brands are you dying to try? Have you ever used indies? Do you like glitter? Any textures to avoid (glitter, sand, etc)?
I don't use nail polish
52. How do you feel about getting a special Halloween plushie?
That would be pretty neato!
53. I'm in Japan, anything specific you might want from the land of the rising sun?
I'm skipping this... because I asked it... and that makes answering it silly.
54. Are there any GC scents that you know you love, but for whatever reason, keep putting off buying bottles of?
Scheherzade definitely, maybe No.93 Engine or Rogue too... I seem to recall I wanted Titus Andronicus at one point?? Don't remember now...
55. I know not everyone likes Lush products, but if you do, which Lush items would you like to get from your Witch?
I'm not much of a bath person, but I have been using the Lush Jumping Juniper shampoo and quite like it. I've considered trying some of the others. I tried one of the conditioners but wasn't particularly impressed... I can't remember which I just remember it was really liquid which made it difficult to get into my hair.
56. Is there anywhere (in the US) that you are dying to get away to? Also when would you be able to get away. Would this even be something you were interested in? If so, go look at the Southwest sale for routes and dates and times.
Wouldn't be very helpful for me
57. If you are ok with receiving t-shirts, what size are you, do you prefer tissue tees, normal crew tees, babydoll etc?
Sure! I think I'm a US... S to M... M just to be safe I guess
58. THINKGEEK! Who loves it - do you have a wishlist on there?? What are some things you are jonesing for on there for under $20?
SO much loves for Thinkgeek! I think I was most recently eyeing the D20 cake mold
59. Zombies, yes or no?
60. Would you like arm warmers/fingerless gloves? If so, what length? just beyond the wrist, almost to the elbow, full sleeves?
61. Do you feel a particular affinity for a specific animal/s?
I'm a dog/reptile/pretty things that can kill things person, did that help? No? ...sorry >.<
62. Anyone have any Paintbox Soapworks loves?
English Gentleman, Black Bart and Indian Summer seem like they could be nice scents. Maybe Clean Slate too
63. How would you feel if your witch or a minion of your witch showed up in person at your house with goodies? Thrilled? Annoyed? Completely creeped out?
Impressed probably I would hope they like board games!
64. Do you have a ravelry account? Tell me about your yarn obsessions.
I do not
65. Sock Dreams, yay or nay?
I'm generally ambivalent but also very easily amused. A "quick" scan of the site says I wouldn't be opposed to the eyeballs, ninja, air, fire, bones, spiders, phoenix or dragon designs.
66. Knitted items like scarves, shawls, dishclothes....yay or nay? Favorite fibers? Favorite colors?
67. Is your Amazon WL up-to-date?
I... think I have one... if I do it is not. I will look into that.
68. If you were to receive handmade caramels, would it matter if they were made with raw cream (unpasteurized)?
I care not!
69. Would you enjoy getting a sampling of quality incense taken from various sources? Are there types of incense you know you don't like? Would you want a burner for loose incense and a few charcoals to get you started with that, or would you rather stick to simpler types?
I don't like fruity or floral types, but dragons blood and some random one called "queen of the night" are favorites of mine.
70. I know we already had a question about needed kitchen accessories, but what about spices?
Um, I think I'm good... I don't use much besides cinnamon and nutmeg... I am lazy >.>
71. Would you like handmade stationary or cards? How about a quill pen?
I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with a quill pen to be honest
72. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "gimme that ghost pepper!" and 1 being "oh, that's a bit too much black pepper for me" Where is your heat tolerance?
1. I can't do black pepper >.< it makes me cough
73. What is your favorite type of Halloween candy?
Milky ways, twix, dark chocolate, milk duds
74. Do you need or want any cosy footwear, like fluffy slippers, or slipper socks etc?
I could probably use something with a sole and back, like... slippers with a back? Does that make sense? I can't walk in things without a back because I am uncoordinated... >.>
75. What do you most look forward to each Fall?
Halloween~! And the end of the death weather that is Japan summer. And SW of course!
76. What gadgets do you use in your everyday life and would you like a cool case for them - with your favourite fandom or artwork or saying?
I have a case for my Kobo Aura, but it's not at all cool... I got it after it first came out so they didn't make a lot of cases for it. If they make cooler stuff now I would be open!
77. Are there any beauty accessories you need or would like? For example make-up brushes, facial brushes or eyelash curlers.
I don't really use that kind of stuff
78. Would you be disappointed to get one big box, or would you prefer a bunch of little ones? And would you be disappointed if your witch actually had it together early and sent it to you sooner than later?
I would assume I would get one box since international shipping is a pain, so that is aok! Timing wise I'm fine either way! Anticipation is so hard but so fun
79. Stores are putting out their halloween PJs and undies! Would you be happy to get any in a package? And if so, what size? For PJ pants, do you like cotton or flannel?
Why not PJs um... I'm a size 5 US so... M? Maybe?
80. Do you like M&Ms?
I like the dark chocolate ones and the crunchy blue ones!
81. How about wax melts?
82. Would you like a subscription for Spotify?
83. What scents from the Lillith update would you like to try?
None really caught my interest
84. Would you be interested in receiving a box of sugar cube skulls?
Are they just skulls made of sugar? So you just eat straight sugar? What's not to like...
85. Skin care routine? Fave cleanser? Toner? Moisturizer? What about body lotions? Any particular brand or scent? Lip balms? Yay or nay?
Um... I wash my face in the shower and then moisturize in winter but not in summer cuz it's humid as hell here. I use hand lotion and lip balm extensively in winter. I have a moisturizer I like but I just buy whatever face wash usually... I have oily skin but it's not sensitive, which is good since I can't read half the labels here Lip Balm wise I usually use burts bees.
I have no idea
87. Etsy Shop
I'm not really a knit type...
88. Spiders (as in cute knit kind) yes or no?
Cute/Knit spiders are no... creepy spiders may be a yes though
89. Pillows (the mostly decorative type)?
90. Any kind of bags - big, small, medium, purse, grocery, etc?
Bags are good... I kill tote bags evidently. I like the ones with some kind of closure bestest.
91. Is there anything special coming up in your life?
Um... not that I know of
92. Which one scent would you want from each of the following updates: Metamorphosis, Lilith and GC?
From Meta - Wild Indigo Duskywing
From Lilith - They all sound a bit too sweet and foody for me
GC - There was a GC update??? O.o WHERE
93. Are you interested in anything from NYCC?
94. Would something from the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. postcards, fans) possibly interest you?
Asked so not answering
Maybe not so much...
96. If you imbibe at all ... preference between: wine/beer/cocktails and then glassware and/or bar-ware? cocktail gadgetry? Books on the subject/recipes? would you want sample bottles of local/regional/small batch craft spirits if they were home decanted and labeled?
Don't really drink
97. Would you like some chai, lemon, rose water or other flavored sugar cubes?
No lemon or rose, but chai... why not I would probably just eat them though... is that bad?
98. Jamberry nail wraps?
No thank you
99. If you had to choose one currently available book (used-but-obtainable counts if you do used) costing $20 or under for your Witch to buy for you, what would it be?
Oh god... um... jeez... um... maybe... I don't even know... I have an extensive wishlist >.<
100. Are there five things under $25 at Birchbox you would like?
I am not even sure what I am looking at >.<
101. Do you want anything from the Fatherhood update at the Post?
102. Street art! Into it? Not into it? Meh?
103. If you could only pick one note that you love (e.g. Vanilla, Orange, Lavender, Rose) & you could only wear/have perfume, etc in that note, what would it be?
104. What are you interested in from the NYCC exclusive list?
Maybe Miss Fanny Phipanny...maybe...
105. Most anticipated "Weenie blends?
The views of autumn are all curiosities for me
106. Caffeine or no? And is this a health or preference?
Caffeine is good
107. Are you interested in anything from the MAC Rocky Horror or the e.l.f. Disney Princess make up collections?
I don't really wear make-up
108. I pass this shop every day, If you were my witchee would you like a custom chocolate bar? What would you choose? Plain, white or milk and with what?
Hmm maybe Dark Chocolate definitely, maybe with cinnamon and ginger?
109. Would you like to try chocolate covered Turkish Delight or flower flavoured things (Rose and Violet chocolates)?
Not a fan of turkish delight
110. For those of you who like Fantasy or play Dungeons and Dragons... would you be interested in a custom painted miniature? If so, what gender, race and class? Any preferences for a theme, color scheme, preferred weapons/armor, etc? Specific character description you would want me to try to hit?
Ooo maybe! I usually play a female rogue with long brown hair, I may well do a tiefling rogue with 5E though!
111. Are there any local or national charities that are close to your heart that you know would appreciate a donation in your name?
I don't have any in particular, though I like wildlife charities
112. I have two partial (Backup) bottles of some scents on your wishlist, Witchee. However, the labels aren't perfect, due to a tragic imp explosion. Would you still be ok with getting them?
As long as I can read it, it's fabulous with me!
113. Do you like incense? Or are you more of a fan of essential oil aromatherapy/fragrance oils a la Yankee Candle/B&BW? Or all of the above? What scents do you prefer for those kinds of things? Nag champa? Lemongrass EO for the house? PUMPKIN SPICE EERYTHANG. What companies do you like specifically (if any) - links?
I like incense, candles are fine too. I like them the same way I like my bpal actually. Resiny, spicy, frankincense, queen of the night, that sort of thing.
114. Trading Post Weenies are up!! What's everyone interested in?
Dead leaves and dark incense maybe, perhaps the tricky hair gloss
115. My mom has crocheted a bunch of little witch hats, would this be something you are interested in?
116. Are you interested in anything from my mom's Etsy shop?
117. Are you interested in dried honey crisp apples or italian prunes?
No thank you
118. Do you need any travel mugs, coffee mugs, tea makers, rock sugar, coffee or tea syrups, etc?
Um... I'm not sure what those last few are but I'm probably good on mugs... though I love mugs I don't have a place to put them in the apartment... T_T