http://amzn.com/w/2IRNSZ9E8V6O8 Amazon, this wishlist is the result of years of window shopping. I've never linked it anywhere before.
I have a little wishlist at Ten Thousand Villages, but it appears that you can't link it. You should be able to find it by searching my name. Though, the answer to "Will she like it?" on that site is "Yes." -edit- Actually, this might work.....https://www.tenthousandvillages.com/wishlist/index/index/wishlist_id/11988/
*I mentioned that I have a Nook in my questionaire, it is the old e ink style one, good for books only.
I'm a Hufflepuff!
A link to what I actually own, bpal wise might be good: http://www.bpal.org/topic/3819-what-do-you-have-big-bottles-of/?p=2071889
Tea. I adore tea. I prefer loose leaf and I dislike herbal teas. I do not like hibiscus or rose hips. I'm pretty meh about rooibos.
I will edit this as I think of things that might be useful.
1. I wonder what a potential witchee would think about being bombarded with PUMPKINS in various formats. Because my current obsession just may last long enough to be of use in spoiling.....but I know wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. Would you appreciate it?!?
Pumpkin all the things except bpal. There are only a couple scents with pumpkin that have ever worked for me.
2. I currently have a CSA and my significant other is perpetually out of town for work, so I've been doing a lot of canning and baking with my vegetables. How do people feel about canned good (pickles, salsa, etc) and vegetal baked goods (squash bread, zucchini bread).
This sounds delightful.
3. Trading Post wants?
Yes. I have so many TP wants that I don't even have much of a wishlist. I've only tried 2 of the hairglosses and a few of the atmos. I haven't tried any of the soaps or candles at all.
4. What direct sellers do you not like and would prefer not to get things from? And also feel free to list any retail brands you really don't like.
I don't really care where things come from
5. How about y'alls coffee and tea preferences?
I don't drink coffee at all. I LOVE tea. I prefer loose leaf. I dislike herbal tea. Fun flavours are good. I mostly order from Adagio for convenience, but would love to try other brands.
6. Do you cook? Would kitchen accessories make you happy?
I cook a lot. I'd love to have a micro plane. (New recipes are always welcome too!)
7. How do people feel about creative endeavours? Would you like to receive one? Or supplies to make your own? What do you like? Drawings, stories, poems?
I would love to receive any and all creative endeavours. I don't really do any of my own. I lack in the hand-eye coordination department.
8. What culture or country (doesn’t have to be modern) do you feel an innate connection with? What about it makes it special to you?
I've always loved Ireland. The music speaks to be especially.
9. Is there any sort of art commission you would like: cartoony, pin-up, fantasy, realistic, etc? If so, what subject would you like drawn (a picture of you, a character, a loved one or pet)?
10. What do you find yourself doing for fun in your free time? What are your main hobbies and interests?
I play violin. I write quite a bit. I also spend way too much time playing my silly dragon game at Flight Rising.
11. Table-top gaming? If yes, what kind, edition, etc? Gaming accessories you long for?
Yes, but it's been a long time since I have had anyone to play with.
12. DVD movies or games that you wish would magically appear in your hands? Can they be used, through Amazon?
13. What kind of snacks or candy from other countries/states would you like to try?
All of them, I really find trying things I've never heard of delightful.
14. Do you have a favorite internet meme, character or pop culture fandom?
15. Do you have a Facebook profile (or other social media) that you are comfortable linking to aid your witch in stalking? Please note whether you are willing to add BPALers as friends.
Yes, my name there is Amanda M Bukowski
17. How important to you is regular contact / chatter with your witch?
It would be fun to have some contact. I'm not overly picky though.
18. Do you like puzzles/riddles/treasure hunts and that sort of thing?
19. If you were to receive music, would you want a physical CD or digital versions?
20. What’s a current problem/annoyance you have that could be remedied but you haven’t had time to address it?
I just like 3 more hours in everyday. Or a roll of duct tape for my kids. =-P
21. How do you feel about having some sort of trinket to carry around for good luck/wishes? i.e. a small figurine, symbol, card, coin…
I like them.
22. Are you superstitious about anything? Any things you can't have in your house for that reason--bad associations?
I'm not terribly superstitious.
23. For the vegetarians and vegans: How do you feel about things (say, marshmallows or gummy candy) made with vegan gelatin or other typically-animal-derived-but-not-in-this-instance products?
24. Ok, so we've covered pumpkin. How do you feel about the other fall classic – apples?
I love everything about apple.
28. If you had a week free where you could learn anything, with no financial restrictions, what would you want to study?
Some kind of craft to do with my hands. I'm not a crafty person, but I am an anxious one. Learning something would help, I think. I need really clear and easy instructions though.
30. Would you enjoy receiving something related to a favorite Disney character?
I love Disney. Lady and the Tramp, Beauty and the Beast, and Frozen are favorites.
31. How do you feel about cute things as decorations or accessories? (Example: Would you enjoy this stationery - or do you prefer elegant/creepy/neutral stuff?)
That's adorable! I like cute stuff and elegant, 'pretty' stuff.
33. Go to your music source of choice - on random or shuffle setting if possible - & share with us the 10 most recent songs/artists.
Okay, Winamp on shuffle:
1. Rise Against - Halfway there
2. Jet- Roll Over DJ
3. Mustard Plug - So Far to Go
4. 311- Hive
5. Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution - Dear Sergio
6. Flogging Molly- Salty Dog
7. Authority Zero - A Passage in Time
8. They Might Be Giants - A Birdhouse in your Soul
9. Cherish the Ladies - Green Grows the Rushes Oh
10. Nightwish - Bare Grace Misery
34. Tarot cards, rune stones and/or other divination tools yay or nay?
35. Do you have a Celeb crush? or someone who you just can't get enough of....other than your SO
Nope, I don't really pay attention to celebrities.
36. Glitter? are you okay with it, or hate it like the plague?
37. If there was another time period other than now that described your style/aesthetics, what would it be?
38. If you had to pick one or two quotes to live by, what would it be and why?
39. Do you prefer physical books? CD books? eBooks? If eBooks do you have preferred format, kindle/nook/kobo/PDF/ePub/ect? eAudio?
I am okay with either. I have an original Nook and an iPad.
40. Smut! Yes or no? If yes, what kink, er, kind?
Smut is okay by me.
41. Ebooks! Yes or no?
42. If you were to get a custom bottle from House of Gloi made for you what notes would create your perfect blend?
Marshmallow, chocolate, cardamom , woodsmoke
43. If your witch were to take a photograph (or paint or whatever) or something just for you, what would it be? Landscape? Flower? Critter? Something to illustrate a favorite quote?
Forest or woods, bonus points if it's rainy/misty or autumn
44. What is your favorite Halloween animal or other symbol/decoration?
Leaves and cats
45. Makeup, especially of the indie variety. Nail polish, nail wraps, eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss, etc. Y/N? Specific preferences (color, finish, product, brand, etc.)?
I don't own any make up. I don't know what to do with it.
46. How do you feel about profanity and off-color humor?
Fine by me.
My hair isn't long enough.
49. Food oddities e.g. bugs?
Probably not bugs, but I'm up for strange.
50. Canned jam?
51. Nail polish?
I have a few Zoya bottles, but not a ton. I would be up for more.
52. Halloween plushie?
That would be adorable!
53. Anything from Japan?
Yes. Anything... everything..... It's hard to go wrong there.
54. Any GC scents you want but have put off buying bottles of? Black Forest, Haunted, Velvet, Aglaea, Tamora, Eat Me, Drink Me, Brown Jenkin, Tombstone, Shub, Halfling, Tristan, Mr. Nancy, Lamia
55. Lush products?
I haven't really tried any Lush. I had a bath bomb once that was fun.
56. Airline miles?
Oh wow. Travel is hard for me with two little kids, but I occasionally like to sneak away alone to Philadelphia to visit my best friends.
I'm a plus sized gal. 2XL, I know I fit into the 2XL tissue tees from the Post.
58. Thinkgeek? Yes! I love Thinkgeek! I just noticed that they started to carry plus sized girl shirts. Maybe I should make a wishlist...
No, no zombies. I'm not much for scary or gory.
60. Arm warmers/fingerless gloves?
Could be fun!
I don't think there are many bpalers in my neck of the woods, but if I had some warning it could be neat!
Paintbox has a discount code! SWITCH10 is 10% off! Anyone have any paintbox loves?
I love Paintbox Soapworks! Slips and hot process soaps are used daily in my house. I really want to try Bee's Lament slip, Rice Pudding Hot process right now.
65. Sock Dreams, yay or nay?
I only have one pair of socks from them, but I love them. Be aware that I have large calves.
66. Knitted items like scarves, shawls, dishclothes....yay or nay? Favorite fibers? Favorite colors?
I would love knitted things. It's pretty hard to go wrong with colors for me.
67. Is your Amazon WL up-to-date?
68. If you were to receive handmade caramels, would it matter if they were made with raw cream (unpasteurized)?
69. Would you enjoy getting a sampling of quality incense taken from various sources? Are there types of incense you know you don't like? Would you want a burner for loose incense and a few charcoals to get you started with that, or would you rather stick to simpler types?
No incense, please. My allergies would not tolerate it.
70. I know we already had a question about needed kitchen accessories, but what about spices?
Oooh, I can always use spices. Cardamom, whole nutmeg, and curry powders are on my list right now.
71. Would you like handmade stationary or cards? How about a quill pen?
72. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "gimme that ghost pepper!" and 1 being "oh, that's a bit too much black pepper for me?
7-8 I like hot stuff, though I don't like to sacrifice flavour for heat.
71. Favorite Halloween candy? Yes. Especially anything chocolate. I love all the interesting fall flavours that come out. MY KINGDOM FOR CARAMEL APPLE MILKY WAYS. I can't find them anywhere this year.
72. Fluffy slippers/slipper socks? Nah.
73. What do you most look forward to each Fall? Leaves, cool weather, pumpkin spice.
74. Cases for gadgets? I have an ipad that I could really use a case for.
75. Makeup brushes/beauty accessories? I don't wear makeup.
76. Would you be disappointed to get one big box, or would you prefer a bunch of little ones? And would you be disappointed if your witch actually had it together early and sent it to you sooner than later? It's really up to my witch. Though a couple little things with something coming toward the end would be nice.
77. Halloween PJs/undies? Too hard to find my size in anything fun. Size 22 pajama pants would be wonderful though.
78. M&Ms? I love m and ms! Almond ones are my favourite.
79. Wax melts? I've never used them, but I wouldn't mind trying.
80. Streaming services? We have Netflix, but wouldn't mind trying a different service. We live to rural to get cable, so we rely on streaming for any TV.
81. Liliths? I ordered Venustas and Avunculus, but I am still interested in Pink cake, Not so penitent mini magdalene, and Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha.
82. Sugar cube skulls? How neat are those!
83. Skin care routine? Fave cleanser? Toner? Moisturizer? What about body lotions? Any particular brand or scent? Lip balms? Yay or nay? I use Cetaphil for sensitive skin on my face. Lotions I tend to go with slips from Paintbox Soapworks. Lip balms are always good.
84. Salem? It would be fun to have a mug or something.
85. Anything special coming up in your life? Husband's 30th birthday is on 9/27. He has a major sweet tooth, it would be neat to have some kind of treat to give him.
92. Which one scent would you want from each of the following updates: Metamorphosis, Lilith and GC?
Southern Cloudywing, Not so penitent mini magdalene, Mr. Nancy
93. Are you interested in anything from NYCC?
94. Would something from the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. postcards, fans) possibly interest you?
96. If you imbibe at all ... preference between: wine/beer/cocktails and then glassware and/or bar-ware? cocktail gadgetry? Books on the subject/recipes? would you want sample bottles of local/regional/small batch craft spirits if they were home decanted and labeled?
I love craft beers, especially dark ones. I have literally nothing as far as bar ware goes. I would be game for experimenting more with new drinks/alcohol.
97. Would you like some chai, lemon, rose water or other flavored sugar cubes?
Yes, especially chai and rose.
98. Jamberry nail wraps?
99. If you had to choose one currently available book (used-but-obtainable counts if you do used) costing $20 or under for your Witch to buy for you, what would it be?
100. Are there five things under $25 at Birchbox you would like?
101. Do you want anything from the Fatherhood update at the Post?
A Stroll Through the Quarter, Captain Lilith, Pralines and Powdered Sugar
102. Street art! Into it? Not into it? Meh?
It's pretty neat.
103. If you could only pick one note that you love (e.g. Vanilla, Orange, Lavender, Rose) & you could only wear/have perfume, etc in that note, what would it be?
.... Gingerbread. Or Amber, I love amber.
104. What are you interested in from the NYCC exclusive list? Little Maggie and the hair glosses
105. Most anticipated "Weenie blends? Moar Sonnet D'Autome
106. Caffeine or no? And is this a health or preference?
Caffeine is fine
107. Are you interested in anything from the MAC Rocky Horror or the e.l.f. Disney Princess make up collections?
108. I pass this shop every day, If you were my witchee would you like a custom chocolate bar? What would you choose? Plain, white or milk and with what?
Dark with cardamom and rose or Dark with earl grey and lavender or Milk with Hazelnuts and pink peppercorns or.....
109. Would you like to try chocolate covered Turkish Delight or flower flavoured things (Rose and Violet chocolates)?
I love flowery candies, especially rose. I've only tried Turkish Delight once, but I remember liking it.
110. For those of you who like Fantasy or play Dungeons and Dragons... would you be interested in a custom painted miniature? If so, what gender, race and class? Any preferences for a theme, color scheme, preferred weapons/armor, etc? Specific character description you would want me to try to hit?
I've played a couple times and I very much appreciate the art that goes into them. I don't really have any kind of preference though since it would probably just end up being decoration.
111. Are there any local or national charities that are close to your heart that you know would appreciate a donation in your name?
There was a police officer killed recently in a nearby city. A friend of mine worked with him and he was a pretty outstanding guy. This is the link to the fundraiser for his family. https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/zrn5/the-officer-daryl-pierson-memorial-fund?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=dashboard&shareid=2603495
112. I have two partial (Backup) bottles of some scents on your wishlist, Witchee. However, the labels aren't perfect, due to a tragic imp explosion. Would you still be ok with getting them?