Switch Witch Questionnaire
Pets: Angus (cat), Jamie and Buddy (dogs)
Religious orientation: Christian. But also am very interested in Paganism and its links to Christianity.
Favorite Holiday: Halloween and Christmas (see above ☺)
Occupation/Major in school: Regulatory affairs director and scientist/biochemistry
Living arrangement (by yourself, with roommates, etc): With husband and pets
Organizations/Causes/Activities (Things you belong to or causes you believe in): Blood and organ donation, science literacy
Favorite BPAL oils: Snake Charmer, Tintagel, Sin, Antique Lace, Morocco, WILF, Halloween: Las Vegas, Samhain, Lamb’s Wool, Madame Moriarty, Hod, Flowering Chrysanthmums, On Darkness, Mictecacihuatl, Clockwork Couture: Male, Golden Priapus, Dorian, Black Lace, O, Devil's Night, Mead Moon, Alice, Eclipse, Black Phoenix, TKO, Hay Moon, Oak Moon, Dragon Moon, Banshee Beat, Magdalene, Gun Moll, Liz, Sin, Tombstone, Pallas Athene, Hygeia, Panther Moon, Schwarzer Mond, Luna Negra, Berry Moon 2011, Waltz of the Snowflakes, Urd, Hellion, Scherezade, Sin, In Brightness and in Joy, Mourning Lace, Celeste
Favorite notes: Vanilla, spices (especially clove these days), wood, resins, amber, musk, carnation, incense, rose, booze, hay, grass, clover, tobacco, honeysuckle, powder, cream, sandalwood, patchouli, honey, violet, apple, smoke, tonka, benzoin, almond, some pines, sugar, plum, pumpkin, linden blossom, lavender, wine, honey, bread
Favorite non-BPAL perfumes:
Nocturne Alchemy: Nocturne Sapphire, Karkade Summer Moonstone, Bes, Princess Amber, Ozymandias, Dragon Vanille, Honey Cherry Blossom, many others
Violette Market: After Dark, Ghost of Skeletal Oaks, Golden Autumn, Taffy Pull, Sugared Incense Cotton Candy, Butter Cow, Under the Grandstands, many others
Solstice Scents: Jack and the Devil, Spellbound Woods,
Arcana: Alec D’Uberville, Morphine, Devilish, many others
Blooddrop: So Help Me Hex
Moxie Nouveau: Bonfire Toffee, Ghost Stories, many others
Conjure Oils: Abandoned Morgue, Goth Chick Pride
Possets: Scent of Angels, Hathshepsut, Sorrow, Black Prince
Ava Luxe: No. 23, Sweet Patchouli, Love’s True Bluish Light, Amande
Sonoma Scent Studio: Winter Woods
Guerlain: Spiriteuse Double Vanille
Least favorite notes: Ozone, metallics, dirt, aquatics some jasmines and sharp white florals, mint, eucalyptus
Least favorite non-BPAL perfumes: Commercial perfumes with strong aquatic notes
If Beth made a custom blend for you, what would the notes be, and what would you want the label art to look like? Milkweed blossom, clover, hay, honey, and vanilla musk. The label art would be a pastoral scene of some kind.
Clothing & Jewelry
Hair type: Fine, straight, blonde
Skin Type: combination skin
Allergies (specifically B&B related): None
Other things to avoid: Can’t think of anything?
Tub, shower or both? Both!
Favorite bath & beauty products: Bubble bath, bath scrubs
Clothing Style/Fave garments:
Favorite clothing colors/colors to wear:
Type(s) of jewelry worn: simple, subtle necklaces
Ring/wrist/collar size: No idea!
Jewelry - gold or silver? Either
Do you have any allergies to metal? Not that I know of
Favorite gemstones: Nothing stands out
Sock/Shoe Size: Women’s large/ size 8.5-9 or 39-40
Style/home decoration style: classy country; at least, that is what I aim for!
Favorite decorating colors: Red or purple as an accent color
Things you collect: Perfume, of course
Favorite music: classic rock, 80’s, classical, blues, jazz, zydeco, alt-country, etc.
Least favorite music: twangy country, rap
Vegetarian/Vegan?: (Please be as specific as possible to reduce confusion!) Nope!
Other food restrictions: None, really
Favorite flavors: Vanilla, lemon, maple, chocolate
Favorite foods/drinks: Too many of both to really list. Beer and tea (black or fruit teas)
Favorite authors/genres: historical fiction (Sharon Kay Penman, for example), modern literature (Jonathan Franzen, for example), British mysteries (Kate Atkinson, for example)
Least favorite authors/genres: Fantasy, sci-fi
Books/authors you'd like to read, but haven't yet: See my Amazon wish list!
How do you feel about receiving gently used books as gifts? I would LOVE them!
Favorite stores (including clothing stores): Lush, gourmet food/cooking stores, book stores, stores that sell perfume, soap, bath products, candels
Favorite online stores (including B&B stores): See above
Magazines you subscribe to: All About Beer magazine
Magazines you like, but don't subscribe to: None that I can think of right now…
Favorite movies: Fargo, Office Space,
Favorite TV show(s): Glee, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Mad Men
Hobbies/crafts done: Gardening, cooking, playing oboe and recorder
BPAL Wish List (including SW/SF Help):
Other website Wish lists (amazon.com, etc):
I have tons of things on Amazon.com! My etsy list needs to be updated, but the items shown will give you an idea of my tastes.
- On a scale of 1-5, how organized are you? 4.75
- Where, outside of the U.S. would you love to visit? (if you're international, this can be anywhere) England (have been there 5 times but always want to return), Scandinavia, extreme northern and other remote places.
- Do people tell you that you act older, younger, or your age? Younger
-If I gave you a toy gun with flashing lights, would you hide and start shooting people from around corners OR would you thank me on the IGI thread and then quietly donate it (a niece, Oxfam, Goodwill, wherever)? (there are no wrong answers for this, so don't be afraid to answer honestly) Would quietly donate after thanking…
- What animal do you feel like the most? A Homo sapien. But I like cows a lot.
- Your favorite feature about yourself: My elbows.
- Do you live in a neighborhood or in the middle of nowhere? In the middle of the Driftless region of southwestern Wisconsin.
-Have you ever thought, "oh, I'm going to get myself one of those one of these days" but then never do? List 1 under $10 and 1 over $10. A really good small whisk (probably could be over or under $10, actually).
- How do you feel about boi witches? Boi witch? Meaning a male switch witch partner? I would ADORE one!
- Do you like garage sales (boot sales)? Not as much as most
- I like to slather my food in …: Really hot salsa
- State fairs or carnivals? State fairs
- You throw caution to the wind and runaway to join a traveling circus. What job would you want ( a main performer, a side show, a behind the scenes spot, etc) and why? I’d be making exotic flavors of cotton candy
- What mythical or fantastic race of creatures (dragons, unicorns, griffins, elves, dwarves, faeries, etc.) do you most identify with? Honestly, I don’t know much about any of them… but do identify with the wise women of yore, who were not mythical.
- Imagine that you're given a shoebox-sized time capsule, and you are asked to put any number of items in the box that symbolize who you are. The items can be may be anything you can imagine, and money is no object, but they must fit within the box. What do you choose?
Some morning glory seeds
A bottle of my home-brew
An oboe reed
Some fur tufts/hair from my pets
A photo of my husband
- Do you need storage boxes? Not really
- The world has given you the day off. You hear that, no chores, responsibilities, or budget you have to follow. What would you do in those 24 hours? Be alone in nature, in sunshine if possible.
- Do you like steampunk & if so what kind of steampunk item would you most like to receive? I like it but don’t know much about it.
- Do you have an etsy shop? No
- Would you like to receive baked goods, if so what kind? Yes! Open to anything. Cookies?
- What is something totally random (yes, that thing that just popped into your head) that hasn't been covered by any previous questions?
Notes (Here's where you can add additional information you'd like your Switch Witch to know!):
Odd things I would like:
Music for soprano recorder (solo or duets): I don't have much, so pretty much anything you get is good. Medium/advanced level should be fine
Bulbs or perennial plants (I live in Zone 4) are good, as long as I get them by mid-October before we have a frost. Would adore Joe Pye weed plants!
Cookbooks! I love them!
I purchase a lot of music on amazon.com. I have a Kindle and use it regularly, but enjoy real books and have no problems with used books
Love all things Halloween, and would love Halloween decor items that are tasteful. Especially love vintage Halloween styles...
I do love necklaces that are fairly simple, and would adore something that was one-of-a-kind or hand made.
I love nice socks.