Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
puck_nc

Stardust Nail Polish

When the holidays roll around, not everyone has mistletoe, caroling and cookies on their minds. This lacquer is a paean to celebrating hard: nights covered in glitter and dusted with cocaine, flutes of Cristal clutched in shaky hands, leather and lace, the Spiders From Mars in the background, and twisting, sweaty limbs entangled in dark corners. Hairspray and cigarette smoke is the incense in this temple to decadence, strobe and mirrors replace the devotional candles, and Bolan sings the hymns. Stardust is for everyone that has every drifted off into Quaalude-induced reverie to the beat of a tribal 4-on-the-floor: the sound of Mott the Hoople, Sweet, Slade or the Dolls.

Futurism, self-indulgence and excess: electric violet-plum shimmer, seething with iridescent glitter.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I love the full-spectrum splash of glitter in Pumpkin Spice Everything. This looked to be a purple version of that.

In the bottle:A shiny purple glitterbomb.

One coat: Opaque light purple with glitter dancing through it.

Two coats: Yep. A purple version of Pumpkin Spice Everything. The result has a slightly gritty surface - I'd wear this with a top coat.

35706_900.jpg

Verdict: Sold! And buying another bottle before they go away.

ETA: Carried my bottle to the nail salon. They thought it was a very pretty color. I am getting a bit of chipping/wear at the nail tips, even with the top coat. I will probably touch it up before New Year's Eve festivities.

Edited by puck_nc

So sparkly! This one is a bit thicker than Titan Toadstools, but still easy to apply. Mostly opaque in two coats. I'm tempted to say this is a medium holographic glitter polish? It certainly seems to have some holo flame to it.

24027864095_5629cbee53_m.jpg20151228_091149 by psukeksc, on Flickr

I suspect someone with better nail art skills than mine could do some gorgeous things with this shade.