Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ryan Hemphill

Denn Die Todten Reiten Schnell Claw Polish

CRÈME
Sombre slate grey, a frail offering.

This was the first Claw Polish I tried out of the 6 I ordered.

The polish went on well. I am a little spoiled because I am used to a certain brand and a wide, flat brush that works really well for me, so this was a little tougher than I am accustomed to. But, it was good for the regular setup :)

First coat it almost looked greenish and was very streaky. I did 3 coats and it looks great. Honestly, I could have gotten away with 2 coats, but I went one more just for fullest coverage. It dried fairly quickly between coats. I also added a quick topcoat afterwards.

The color is hard to describe, as it seems to depend on the lighting. It's a deep dark slate gray, but sometimes has a green edge to it and then in some lights it leans towards slate blue. Then again, in my office it looks almost black...so, it's a bit multi-faceted :)

I love dark nails- so I think it looks great.

It also has a very sparse amount on glitter in it. Mostly a fine glitter, but a few bigger pieces mixed it (not more than 1 visible per nail).

Very shiny, rich color once it's dried. So far, so good!

UPDATE: Color lasted nice, shiny, and chip-free for 4-5 day. And that's with me not being careful at all. That's great compared to other polishes I've used!

20150806_065725_zpsn1dtbjno.jpg

(See! Totally looks greenish to me in the pic!) Edited by girlryan

I just about had a heart attack when I saw the Faith & the Muse reference, so I had to try this one.

The first thing I noticed was that there was a decent amount of glitter in this one. It's hard to describe. Mostly it's shimmery, but there are little irregular flecks of iridescent, translucent sparkles mixed in. It's more subtle than it sounds. That aside, the color of the polish looks like a very dark, very desaturated teal. It's pretty, but it might not be flattering on everyone.

I had to use two coats to get good coverage with this one, but it does dry quickly.