Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kitrazzle

Creating characters through scent, suggestions please

Hi folks!

I've got a bit of an odd request. I'm in a zombie post apocalyptic live action role play game called Dystopia Rising. Since I can't afford to go as crazy awesome as I want to with costuming, I want to incorporate scents to help me get into character and foster a more immersive experience for both myself and the other players around me. Problem is, I couldn't distinguish scent notes if my life depended on it so I don't know what to buy. So I appeal to you, people with Creativity and Good Noses, for suggestions on what to buy to suggest certain character traits.

Character One: The Doctor/Priest. A Pure Blood (aka Peacocks, Haves, Moneybags, Painted Ones) leading the local Fallow Hope (militant/feudal religion working to destroy evil and rebuild civilization). Can shoot a gun but doesn't, has to walk with a cane. Too soft for her own damn good, but with a steel spine. Highly educated. One of the best doctors in town, but not a very good priest yet. Treats everyone like family, usually babies that need caring for. Thinks that Family Comes First. First made her mark in town by giving away gummy bears, loved by just about everyone. No head for politics or finances. Wears a short blue dress over BDU pants and a big sun hat. Think Wild West schoolmarm.

Key Words: blood, candy, medicine, educated, religious, motherly

I've been told I should try something with Lavender, but the only one I have is Clio and that smells like floral baby powder to me. I've been wearing Muse so far.

Character Two: The Whore. A Merican (aka Good ol' Boys, Cowboys, Yanks, Rednecks) who just wants to make good money by having a good time. Haven't played her yet, so don't know much beyond that. Loud and brash. No body modesty beyond what the law insists on, but would not be caught dead without her hat. ADORES music. Drunkard and a nympho/cuddle-slut. Gives DAMN good massages. Probably gonna be a bit of a romantic with her heart on her sleeve. Will wear either jeans and a red cowboy shirt or a red floral shirt-dress. Think cheap Wild West hooker.

Key Words: sex, booze, gregarious, shameless, musical, romantic

Too many of the Ars Amatoria sound like they would be awesome, I need help!

For character one I suggest looking at the Stage Blood SN from the Halloweenies before they come down. Also Midnight Mass from the Yules.

Vasilissa- Gently carved wood warm with a maternal love that reaches beyond death: rose-infused amber and soft golden sandalwood.

For character two I definitely would suggest Tombstone- A celebration of one of the first commercially produced perfumes of America's Old West. A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar. I also suggest looking at the blends from "The District" collection. I will also suggest Vixen- Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli

Hope I was of some help :)

I agree with Haltija and think Stage Blood could be good for your first character. It's candyish and sweet... but maybe too innocent for a leader like her? If you can find it I think The Future Ball (Crystalline white musk, Somalian olibanum, smoky benzoin, Damascus rose, dark myrrh, sacred sandalwood, life everlasting, rock rose, and gummy bear fingerprint residue) from the Liliths could be perfect for her. It's lightly incense-y like a priest, womanly but strong, and even has the gummy bears!

As for the second, there just happens to be a scent for a Wild West hooker in the GC. Lily, The Prostitute (Heady blossoms of jasmine, white gardenia, and magnolia sharpened by neroli, given a voluptuous depth by red patchouli, oakmoss, and cedar). The combo of florals on top of a woody base give it that "sexy yet adventurous" vibe. If you want to incorporate the booze then Bordello (Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant) or Hellcat (Hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond) are good choices.

Another one for her could be The Orgy (A dissolute fougere with wet honey musk, distilled spirits, rose water, white lead powder, Venetian ceruse, and Spanish leather beauty marks stained with port wine). It's LE but not impossible to find. I know it's supposed to be "Victorian" debauchery but to me it basically smelled like the aftermath of a high-end sex party... which is clearly the point. Floral, boozy, sweet, a bit druggy almost (the lead is really interesting).

Edited by Balame

This is totally different from other suggestions, but for the first character - No. 93 Engine? It smells like a cross between an apothecary's/pharmacist's lab and holy incense. And there's something sweet/kind about it... maybe the honey in the beeswax. Also, perhaps Blood Lotus? Or if you like rose better than lotus - Blood Rose? Both have that "blood" smell blended with a sweet floral and something resinous/incensy.

Sign in to follow this