Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Synthesia

Old Navy Spiced Jasmine and Illume Black Orchid & Amber candles = BPAL?

About 5 years ago I bought a candle from Old Navy called Spiced Jasmine, because it smelled like delicious sex to me, my husband, my best friend, my mom, etc. It was a big three wick black soy candle, that smelled exotic and spicy and warm and like a primal wet floral-y scent. My mom took mine and so I bought another, which I have hidden away like the holy grail, half-used, until I can find a scent dupe of it.

This candle is a ghost. My Google-fu came up with no mention, image, not even a whisper of this candle and what makes the scent so gloriously sexy. Spiced Jasmine is awfully generic for such a fabulous smell. This is my unicorn scent, the one that I hope for every time I pick up a new perfume or candle.

Enter Black Orchid & Amber, a candle I bought six months ago at Target (and still available at some Target locations and online here), manufactured by Illume, according to the lable on the bottom of the smoky gray glass jar. It smells very close to my Spiced Jasmine lovely, but is drier and missing what I assume is the Jasmine. Other than 'Orchid, Amber,' I can find no information on the notes. I'm not very good with perfume notes yet, so I can't offer up any more information.

If anyone has sniffed either of these and can point me in the direction of a close BPAL, I'd be eternally grateful. I don't know what to do otherwise, short of imping everything that mentions amber or jasmine.

Sign in to follow this