Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Yanagoya

Lab's burnt tobacco note?

I'm still very new to BPAL and never got the chance to try a loooot of scents. Burnt sugary tobacco is currently my absolute favourite BPAL note and I want more of it - in all the subtle varieties. :wub2:

I'm aware there're other topics about smoke/fire scents, but very few of the ones recommended there actually have that exact quality I'm looking for. And of course there's the fact that we all got different noses. Still, I would really appreciate suggestions, particularly LE ones.

So, ones I found already:

Santo Domingo (the one it all started with)

Smokestack

Interfector

French Tobacco

These four smell veeeeery alike to me - there's a slight variety, but the top tobacco note is one and the same.

Then, Autumn Lace and Sugar Skull(07) - these are significantly different, of course, AL is very delicate and sweet, and Sugar Skull doesn't even have tobacco in the blend, but there's the burnt sugar note I also quite enjoy.

Are there any scents like this? :blush:

If you like French Tobacco that's the note, to my nose and a few others in the review thread, that's in Antikythera Mechanism.

Hi :)

Interfector and French Tobacco are very similar on my skin, too. You might like these:

HERR DROSSELMEYER 2010

Pipe smoke, sweet leather, woods and linen.

THE ARABIAN DANCE 2010

Leather, coffee, hazelnut, tobacco, and Middle Eastern spices.

I actually sold Herr Drosselmeyer, The Arabian Dance, and Sugar Skull because they were all too sweet for me. Dripping, sticky, burnt sugar. I'll probably eventually sell Interfector and French Tobacco for the same reason. If I dislike them all for the same reason, maybe you'll like them all for the same reason?

...Plus a few more. I don't have strong opinions about any of these. Just suggestions...

ELEGBA

His ofrenda contains coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum.

HAVANA

Date palm, dried tobacco, snakeroot, and leather.

HELLFIRE

A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.

KUBLA KHAN
 (haven't tried it, but I'd like to)

Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine.

PERVERSION

Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

TOBACCO HONEY

THE ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM
 (I second ladymeag's suggestion. It's awesome.)

Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco.

I absolutely love the lab's tobacco notes, and yes, definitely give Elegba, Perversion, and The Antikythera Mechanism a go if you haven't already!

Also The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe (I prefer 2009, but 2012 is lovely as well). If you want to try something rather masculine, Knucklebones has the same note, as well. :D

Oh oh and Ashlultum, Plunder, Roadhouse, The Black Rider, The Illustrated Woman, etc etc.

Another that contains 'tobacco tar', but I haven't really been able to pick it out (absolutely goooorgeous scent) is The Raptures and Roses of Vice.

:D <3 <3 Happy baccy hunting!

The tobacco is my favorite!! And my favorite of them in order is:

Variety of pleasing amusements

Autumn lace

Perversion

Le Lethe

Havana

I like the others mentioned but these are deep girl tobacco to me:)

Edited by Ella LaRose

Wow, it's truly remarkable how differently we all perceive scents. I tried both Antikythera Mechanism and Perversion, and the notes I get from these oils are nothing like tobacco. Antikythera Mechanism is all machine oil(kinda amazing, considering notes, but it smells so mechanical to my nose), and Perversion... something entirely unlike tobacco I can't even pinpoint. The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe is also veeeeeeeeeeery different to me.

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll hunt for the rest of the scents. :wub2:

Edited by Yanagoya

I just got a decant of Summer Lace - it's beautiful and has a prominent "caramelized tobacco" note which is to die for. I also second The Antikythera Mechanism, which was ALL tobacco on me with a bit of woody background.

White Peacock:

Teak, ebony wood, osmanthus, patchouli, red sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, tobacco, wild musk, spikenard, and sugandh kokila.

White Peacock:

Teak, ebony wood, osmanthus, patchouli, red sandalwood, vanilla orchid, tonka bean, tobacco, wild musk, spikenard, and sugandh kokila.

Why don't I have this?!!! *face palm* NEEEEEEED!! Sigh, off to scour the board:/