Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Dragons, Racoon Dogs, Cyborgs, Goddesses, Holy Warriors and Labyrinth!

Dragon Moon is high in the sky over Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Black Phoenix Trading Post!

DragonMoon12.jpg

Art by Julie Dillon!

DRAGON MOON 2012

In some cultures, the Dragon is benevolent, bestowing blessings and granting wishes. In others, the Dragon is an icon of destruction and harbinger of catastrophe. In all its incarnations, both baneful and benign, the Dragon is a symbol of strength, authority, and the raw power of nature. This Dragon Moon represents the forces of rebirth and the vigor that springtime brings: dragon's blood resin, galbanum, coriander, patchouli, wild arbor vitae, blue sage, lavender, peppermint, sweetgrass, frankincense, moonglow magnolia, bergamot, Terebinth pine, fire-blackened wood, and green cedar.

Also? Big. Happy. Golden. Balls.

++ PON POKO PON NO PON

Sho-sho- Shojo-Ji

Shojo-Ji no niwa wa

Tsu-tsu-tsuki yo de minna dete koi koi koi!

Oira no tomodacha

Pon poko pon no pon.

Makeru na, makeru na

Oshosan ni makeru na

Koi koi koi koi koi koi

Minna dete koi koi koi!

Sho-sho-shojo-Ji

Shojo-Ji no hagi wa

Tsu-tsu-tsuki yo ni

Hanazakari.

Oira wa ukarete

Pon poko pon no pon.

Stuffed full of beans and sake, the magical, shapeshifting Tanuki are harbingers of joy, prosperity, and change. These big-bellied, big-balled raccoon dogs are clever schemers and irrepressible tricksters. They conjure illusions and play pranks on the unwary, often raising up the downtrodden and casting foolish, prideful, and despotic people low.

Bring a little more light and laughter into your life with our Pon Poko series! The garden is bright under the moonlit night! Let’s thump a snazzy little beat on our golden drums together!

JIBIKI DANUKI

Casting a fishing net.

Purple sage and oakmoss with black and white musks.

TANUKI NO AMIUCHI

Catching birds.

Sandalwood incense, patchouli, matcha, cumin, white cedar, white gardenia, ti leaf, and vetiver.

TANUKI NO DÔKE DARUMA

A raccoon dog having his scrotum painted in imitation of a Daruma doll.

Red currant, champaca flower, apple blossom and apple pulp, goma, tomato leaf, and brown grasses.

TANUKI NO HIKIFUNE

Towing a scrotum boat.

Honeydew, honey, and sparkling golden-green musk.

TANUKI NO KANBAN

Tanuki shopkeepers putting out their signboards.

Golden musk, ginkgo nut, persimmon rind, and bitter almond.

TANUKI NO ÔRAI

Comings and goings.

White peach, golden peach, mango, persimmon, lotus petal, osmanthus, and shishito.

TANUKI NO SENKIMOCHI

Afflicted with senki.

Anise seed, furry brown musk, cypress sap, myrrh, and smoky woods.

TANUKI NO YÛDACHI

Seeking shelter from an evening rainstorm.

Lilium speciosum, rice wine, white grapefruit, lotus root, bourbon vanilla, and vanilla orchid.

Three new comic scents are going live, benefiting Hero Initiative! So much love and thanks to Jim McLauchlin, Matt Wagner, Joseph Michael Linsner, and all the wonderful people at Top Cow Productions!

Proceeds from every bottle sold of Dawn: Mourning Victory, Grendel: Cyborg, and Magdalena go to Hero Initiative, the first federally recognized not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping comic book creators, writers and artists in need. Founded in late 2000 by a consortium of comic book and trade publishers including Marvel Comics, Image Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Wizard Entertainment, CrossGen Comics and Dynamic Forces Inc., the 501©(3) charity aims to assist comic creators with health, medical, and quality-of-life assistance.

++ HERO INITIATIVE

DAWN: MOURNING VICTORY

Red sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, white tea, hyacinth, rosehips, and tuberose.

GRENDEL: CYBORG

Gleaming metal and black leather over a khus-darkened bay rum.

MAGDALENA

Frankincense, myrrh, leather, ti leaf, saint wood, benzoin, and labdanum absolute.

And last, but zomg not least…

THE LABYRINTH SERIES IS LIVE.

A million, trillion thanks to the Jim Henson Company and Labyrinth Enterprises for enabling us to interpret the fantastical world of Labyrinth to life through scent! It is both an honor and a pleasure to work with a company that we respect so tremendously, and with a story that we cherish so fondly. We are thrilled to present the first in our Labyrinth series…

++ LABYRINTH

Frustrated with babysitting on yet another weekend night, Sarah, a teenager with an active imagination, summons the Goblins to take her baby stepbrother away. When little Toby actually disappears, Sarah must follow him into a fantastical world to rescue him from the Goblin King. Guarding his castle is the labyrinth itself, a twisted maze of deception, populated with outrageous characters and unknown dangers.

JARETH

I ask for so little.

Just let me rule you...

and you can have--everything that you want.

Just fear me...

...love me...

...do as I say and I will be your slave.

Ethereal lilac fougere and gleaming leather with ti leaf, tonka absolute, white musk, and oudh.

HOGGLE

I ain't never been no one's friend before.

Fermented pumpkin, brown leather, dust, tobacco leaf, and dark woods.

GOBLIN CIDER

A dark, earthy ginger cider.

13 HOURS

You have 13 hours in which to solve the Labyrinth...before your baby brother becomes one of us...forever.

A scent of profound foreboding: dusty black stone, dried rosehips, black moss, and creeping ivy.

FAIRY BITE

"It bit me!"

"What did you expect fairies to do?"

"I thought they did nice things. Like -- like granting wishes."

"Shows what you know, don't it?"

Osmanthus and honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, raw honey, and Dracula orchid.

Sign in to follow this