Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Full Moons, Sticky Bats, Stripey Socks, Courtesans, and Vampires!

Updated 17 February 2011:

example-stickybat.gif

Lemon-Scented Sticky Bats have flown into the Lab! Inspired by Neil Gaiman's Blog! What's a lemon-scented sticky bat? Well...

LEMON-SCENTED STICKY BAT

...last week Maddy woke me up early in the morning.

"Daddy," she said, "There's a bat on the kitchen window."

"Grumphle," I said and went back to sleep.

Soon, she woke me up again. "I did a drawing of the bat on the kitchen window," she said, and showed me her drawing. For a five year old she's a very good artist. It was a schematic of the kitchen windows, showing a bat on one of the windows.

"Very nice dear," I said. Then I went back to sleep.

When I went downstairs...

We have, instead of dangling fly papers, transparent strips of gluey clear plastic, about six inches long and an inch high, stuck to the windows on the ground floor. When they accumulate enough flies, you peel them off the window and throw them away.

There was a bat stuck to one. He was facing out into the room. "I think he's dead," said my assistant Lorraine.

I peeled the plastic off the window. The bat hissed at me.

"Nope," I said. "He's fine. Just stuck."

The question then became, how does one get a bat (skin and fur) off a fly-strip. Luckily, I bethought me of the Bram Stoker award. After the door had fallen off (see earler in this topic) I had bought some citrus solvent to take the old glue to reglue the door on.

So I dripped citrus solvent onto the grumpy bat, edging him off the plastic with a twig, until a lemon-scented sticky bat crawled onto a newspaper. Which I put on the top of a high woodpile, and watched the bat crawl into the logs. With any luck he was as right as rain the following night...

Sticky-sweet iced lemon sugar!

This is a charitable, not-for-profit venture: proceeds from every single bottle go to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, which works to preserve and protect the First Amendment rights of the comics community.

Label artwork by Alicia Dabney!

Sugar Moon is live at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and Black Phoenix Trading Post!

SUGAR MOON 2011

No way to see him

on this moonless night ---

I lie awake longing, burning,

breasts racing fire,

heart in flames.

Sugar cane, black currant, violet musk, black orchid, gardenia, plum nectar, carrot seed, teak, strawberry, and dusky rose.

example-sugarmoon2011.gif

The artwork for the tee was illustrated by Sarah Coleman. Both the babydoll and the crew are made from organic cotton, and the tee is a soft off-white color.

lovers-example.gif

Also new at the Lab and the 'Post:

The next installment from Neil Gaiman's 15 Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot: the Lovers.

The scent is available at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, and the tee is available at Black Phoenix Trading Post.

This is one of the most disturbing scents that we have created to date, and is not for the faint of heart.

Romantically ghoulish artwork by the inimitable Madame Talbot.

Also new!

ANATHESTERIA

Anthesteria, one of the four central feasts of Dionysus, is held for three days during the month of Anthesterion-- the time of blooming. It is a celebration of the birth of spring, expressed symbolically though the ceremonial opening of the pithoi containing the previous year's vintage. A time of joy and drunkenness, it is both a celebration of earth's renewal and springtime's bright passions and a festival of the dead. During the three nights of Anthesteria, the ghosts of our ancestors roam the streets. This commemoration of death and rebirth, passion and springtime was one of the few, precious moments when all were equal in the Hellenic world; during Anthesteria, man, woman, and child, free man and slave, human and spirit were all unified under the auspices of Nature's great cycle.

Dénthis wine and Bibline grape, with honey and a touch of thyme and oregano.

The bath oil is available at Black Phoenix Trading Post, and the scent is available at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand also at Black Phoenix Trading Post:

RED LANTERN ATMOSPHERE SPRAY

A tribute to the opium den cum bawdyhouses of Shanghai in the 1930's. Golden amber, blonde tobacco, Sudanese black coconut, rich caramel, black currant, white opium and delphinium laced with a sensual blend of Asian spice.

GLOWING VULVA BATH OIL

Cream accord, amber, teak, and lotus blossom.

SPANKED REVISITED PERFUME OIL

Whip leather, cardamom, patchouli, and bourbon.

The labels for Red Lantern, Glowing Vulva, and Spanked are all very naughty and contain explicit depictions of sexual acts and nudity. By purchasing any of these, you a are stating that you are eighteen years of age, or older, and that you are choosing to purchase products whose labels feature adult content.

The Courtesans series is live at Black Phoenix Trading Post!

Every action we take, everything we do, is either a victory or defeat in the struggle to become what we want to be.

Dazzling in their wit, charm, and beauty, courtesans have danced on the edge of society for centuries. They served as companions, lovers, and confidantes of fearsomely powerful men, and as such, courtesans have helped shape the world, sometimes surreptitiously commanding nations with the force of their charisma and the power of bodies Born into eras when women were worth little more than their dowries or the fecundity of their wombs, these were self-made women who defied the constraints of their time. Though they could never be considered paragons of purity or propriety, these women were poets, authors, and power brokers who dared to embrace the unconventional while taking control of their own lives, and are truly worthy of admiration.

Each set comes with a 5ml bottle of the Courtesans' perfume, a 12oz bottle of the Courtesans' bath salts, an imp/condom case with the Courtesans' image emblazoned upon it, and an imp of Éclat: a vivacious blend of green tea, osmanthus, pomelo flower, white musk, and verbena. All of the items, with the exception of Éclat, are available individually. Éclat is only available with the set, and is not for purchase on its own.

Our wet bath salts are nutrient-dense, and are blended with an exquisite mixture of healthy oils: Himalayan pink salt, Dead Sea salt, Breton sea salt, refined rice bran oil, fractionated coconut oil, shea oil, rosehip seed oil, dendritic salt, evening primrose, Vitamin E, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume. They are packaged in an elegant velveteen pouch. Illustration on the pouches designed by Alicia Dabney.

The cases are handmade, and have been crafted out of stainless steel. They fit seven imps side-by-side or two condoms within them.

And last, but not least: NEW SOCKS at the 'Post! Many thanks to the wonderful people at Sock Dreams. It is always a pleasure working with you!

A million, trillion thanks to Kathy Flynn, Alicia Dabney, Sarah Coleman, and Ali Butterfass. You are my angels, and I love you.

Sign in to follow this