Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Lady_Ell

Evergreen

Elizabeth sent this to Sedge for me (aka the "piney roomie") although she said that to her it smelled a little bit like pee.

Well. Right out of the bottle it does not smell promising, more like someone pissed on the side of a pine tree. But I persevered and put some on. The pee smell dissipates immediately and the resulting pine needle smell is divine. On me it turns sweet with a lightly spiced pine note that somehow works out to be more than the sum of its parts. I have to experiment more with this one, and I think I'll stick with Belladonna or Black Forest for my pine needs, but it taught me a valuable lesson: try things on before you make a judgement.

Update: this fades fast. It's only been a couple of hours and I can't smell a thing, and I liberally doused myself. Even though I love pine scents, maybe this is my lesson: they fade on me and maybe I should concentrate on other things.

Edited by ladylatemar

125857619.jpg

BPAL blends which uses as one of it's ingredients: Bayou.

In the bottle

This is a pale green liquid.

Opening the bottle and sniffing it smells nothing if not real. :P

Where I live there are mountains with many fir trees that have pinon nuts growing from them. This is what it smells like to gather these tasty nuts from the trees at gathering time. I'm stunned that it is so real smelling (of course it's real smelling) and so provacative of that whole picking the nuts in season.

On

So lovely. I even smell the evergreen sap, holy smokes.

30 minutes

It stays nice, it's scent lessens too much for my taste but this is so nice it would be worth it to slather on a bit more, or more often.

Throw:

a wee bit

Scent category:

Green

Summary

So much nicer than any of the bpal pine, fir, eucalyptus type blends. Evergreen single note is a clean scent and really does help me breathe. It's soothing and cooling much like eucalyptus is. Even more of a nice fresh conifer smell in that regard than the juniper sn and that was really nice smelling.

Purchase again?

Yes indeed.

1-5 rating (5 being best)