Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Anoxia

Acacia

I live in the desert, and this time of year the acacia and orange blossoms smell so good, especially after a storm. Orange blossom is pretty common in perfume, but I am having a hard time finding acacia blossom scents. Any desert-dwellers here know what I'm talking about? Those sweet little yellow puffballs that grow on thorn trees. I adore that scent.

Illuminati Cotillion (from the Black Helicopter update): Ceremonial incense, pipe tobacco, temple roses, and shittim wood.

From my research, shittim = red acacia. It is a wood and not a blossom note, but I thought it was worth mentioning since it is currently available.

Looking through reviews, people have mentioned acacia in the following scents:

Cupid Complaining to Venus

Lunar Eclipse

Samael

Hunger

Smut

Red Phoenix

Night's Pavillion

Red Lantern

Chaos Theory(s)

Thank you! I looked up acacia, apparently it is often called cassie (not to be confused with cassia) in perfumes. I learned that mimosa seems to be an almost identical substitute for acacia. The scent is described as "fresh, spicy, and sweet" which sounds about right to me. It is also described as smelling like violet leaf.

I think you are right about "shittar" being the wood of the acacia tree. I can just imagine someone asking me what heavenly fragrance I am wearing, and myself replying, "shittar!" LOL.

Ooh, I know just what you're talking about; I live in Arizona and I love those trees! They're kind of a fruity, sweet floral scent, to my nose. I haven't found anything _exactly_ like them, but these scents have the same sort of feel:

Thaleia (discontinued GC)

Cupid Complaining to Venus

The Hesperides (primarily apple blossom, which smells similar to acacia to me, but then I could also be crazy)

Les Bijoux

Tamora

Shango

Et Lux Fuit (previous LE)

Marquise de Merteuil

Horreur Sympathique

Aglaea

Peach Moon (LE)

Hony Mone (LE)

Flora

Josie

I'm not sure why there isn't more acacia as an actual note in any blends...it's such a great scent!

(Also, if you find an orange blossom that smells like actual orange blossoms, tell me what it is! I've been looking for one, but they all turn bitter and gross on me.)

Edited by laslibres

Thanks! I used to walk my dogs in the alley behind my house, and I would always stop at my neighbors fence to smell his orange tree when it was blossoming. I hope he never noticed me; he probably would have thought I was some kind of stalker. :)

Sign in to follow this