Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

regarding tonight's chain of events.

Ok now I want everyone to bear with me for a moment. I made the mistake of thinking that I'd only have to scan the boards a bit tonight before popping off to bed, so I stupidly took a sleeping pill before logging on and now my mental facilities are eroding. I've only half read a lot of the posts I needed to get through so pardon me for not being too specific or for not covering your particular concern.

Now I've been at work since 5:30 CST and didn't get home until around 2, so most of what happened came as a big of a surprise to me as it did to most of you. I'm sorry that Quantum Spice's removal of the post count and the new word censoring caused so much distress. I haven't had the chance to discuss what happened or what we should do from here with her, but for now, I'm reversing the changes that were made. The moderators have discussed from time to time the idea of changing the way the post count/rewarding is handled, but we hadn't reached any sort of conclusion and hadn't touched on the subject in a while. In the event that a change like that occurs (and it probably will, though probably not for a while), the reasoning behind it will be made public and (hopefully) it'll be done in a way that would feel reasonable and beneficial to the majority, if not everyone all together.

That said, I have to work in the morning and won't be available to further sort through this mess until tomorrow evening, so if everyone could put their concerns and arguments on hold until such time I'd be grateful as I'm already quite behind. Those of you who have specific concerns (such as shrinking PM boxes, I have no idea what that's about but I will look into it), do PM me and I'll see what I can do about them tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.