Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
oakmoss

Looking for the notes in Fleurs d'Amour

I just bought a beautiful perfume ad for this 1926-7 perfume, and it would be lovely to know what BPAL blends might be close in scent. I've been searching, but can't find any notes listed online. Is anyone out there knowledgeable about 1920s perfumes or can point me in the right direction? Many thanks!

So after some googling, I found the notes for Fleurs d'Amour: honeysuckle, jasmine and sandalwood. Pretty straightforward, actually. Suggestions:

Eos: Jasmine and honeysuckle with buttercup and skin musk. May be a bit too modern for the era.

Love Me: If you can handle lotus. Jasmine and honeysuckle with lotus, a woodsy note and some sort of faint hint of an animalistic musk.

New Orleans: Lacks the woody note but sports the jasmine-honeysuckle combo.

Completely indulgent ideas:

Bat-Woman: Haven't tried it, but it sounds a bit complex plus it's night-blooming jasmine, not regular jasmine.

Hony Mone: Definitely has an old fashioned feel to it and sports honeysuckle.

Thanks! I googled like mad and couldn't find anything. Do you happen to have that source?

I found it by googling: "Fleurs d'Amour" perfume notes. It's about halfway down this page. I also learned that there are a hell of a lot of people out there who collect empty perfume bottles. This makes my habit of collecting full perfume bottles seem entirely less crazy :P

So after some googling, I found the notes for Fleurs d'Amour: honeysuckle, jasmine and sandalwood. Pretty straightforward, actually. Suggestions:

Eos: Jasmine and honeysuckle with buttercup and skin musk. May be a bit too modern for the era.

Love Me: If you can handle lotus. Jasmine and honeysuckle with lotus, a woodsy note and some sort of faint hint of an animalistic musk.

New Orleans: Lacks the woody note but sports the jasmine-honeysuckle combo.

Completely indulgent ideas:

Bat-Woman: Haven't tried it, but it sounds a bit complex plus it's night-blooming jasmine, not regular jasmine.

Hony Mone: Definitely has an old fashioned feel to it and sports honeysuckle.

Ooh, that sounds yummy! :P

I found it by googling: "Fleurs d'Amour" perfume notes. It's about halfway down this page. I also learned that there are a hell of a lot of people out there who collect empty perfume bottles. This makes my habit of collecting full perfume bottles seem entirely less crazy :P

Well, dang it, I did that too. :D Google clearly likes you best. Thanks again. Jasmine is death on me, but I may try Bat Woman if I can find an imp somewhere. It's been on my list for some time.

And I have to admit, I'm tempted to start collecting old perfume bottles. :D

Sign in to follow this