Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ealasaid86

Searching for a Peony

My mom loved Bath & Body Works Peony scent, however it's been discontinued. I'm wondering if anyone can think of a BPAL oil that resembles it. Her birthday is coming up and I think it would make a pleasant surprise.

Thanks in advance!

Liz

I've never smelled the B&BW scent, but there was a Peony Moon by BPAL in 2006 and you might be able to rustle up some of that. Otherwise... Amsterdam or The Dormouse might be good ones to check out, for things readily available from the catalog.

I used to work at BBW though I didn't use most of their products (not natural enough for me). There isn't a BPAL I've come across yet that is that intensely and purely PEONY, but some suggestions, as I too love peony:

Amsterdam - a very light trio of well balanced peony, tulip, and grass - it's very faint though and fades a fair deal, so must be applied very heavily.

Black Hellebore - not actually peony, but it may contain it as an unlisted note, and to me it smells like peony, rose, and light evergreens - it's a soft, fresh, woodsy floral.

The Dormouse - piney-herbal fresh teas and light peony, another fresh scent, but stronger than Amsterdam - can be smelled from further away and lasts longer.

The Grandmother of Ghosts - peony, stargazer lily, and a kick of white pepper with a strong musky base on me - it's muskier and more strongly floral than the above-mentioned scents, so probably closer in spirit to the BBW scent, despite being more complex and less purely peony.

LEs (harder to find and pricier):

Budding Moon - VERY sweet lotus root and peony and musk, on me. Has an asian feel.

Mi-Go Brain Canister - tropical fruits and peony, this feels very PINK and is sweet-fruity and floral and girly, with a bit of a kick from ginger and pink pepper. It definitely has that fruit which the BBW scent doesn't, but it's gorgeous and is something to consider if your mom likes fruity scents and again wants something a bit more complex. It's not that hard to find either.

I don't get much peony in the Peony Moon drydown, which to me is smoky, spicy,woodsy STRAWBERRY, and not very floral at all.

You could get her a set of three, and hope that she likes at least one. :P

Sign in to follow this