Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Thazo

Dulce

Hello.

I'm a guy who loves the smell of the original Dolce Gabbana fragrance cologne. I'm wondering if there is something similar, not exact, but in the same kind of catagory of sents that that cologne has. Somethig rich, sophisticated.

Supposedly these are the notes in that cologne:

Top Notes: Tangerine, basil, ivy, freesia, petitgrain

Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, marigold, lily of the valley, orange blossom, red carnation, jasmine, coriander

Base Notes: Sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla, musk

I love sandalwood!

I'm new to BPAL and am axious to try one of these oil concoctions, but I need a pointer of where to start.

So let me know what you think based on the above information.

Well, I also love sandalwood. I recommend (because I always recommend it!) my favorite blend, Belle Epoque: Sweet opium, Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood. I think it might be slightly less floral than Dolce & Gabbana, though. You might also try Venice (lemon, red currant, wisteria, red rose petals, heady jasmine, Florentine orris root, waterlily, red sandalwood, violet plum, and violet leaf) though on me it's very lemony-- a very full-bodied, glamorous lemon, though, not a cleaning solution lemon.

That note list makes me think of the Salon. Here's a couple that stand out to me for you, but you may want to read through the reviews, too:

And There Was A Great Cry in Egypt- Dark myrrh, white sandalwood, amber, hyssop, frankincense, honey, cypress, red musk, cardamom and saffron.

Orpheus- Pale musk, green mandarin, neroli, benzoin, citrus peel, blue lavender, narcissus, stephanotis, crushed green stems, willow branch and cedar.

Sign in to follow this