Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
meeow712

Looking for a scent to help a hangover

I did a search and didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if I am creatting a repeat thread.

Last night I had a bit too much to drink and woke up a bit hung over. I was sniffing around in my BPAL box for something that might wake me up/help make me feel better and didn't find anything (and some scents totally made me think - "ewww"). I ended up settling for Madrid because it reminded me of when I was in Madrid, stumbling through the streets after too much sangria. :P

So.....what scents do you guys wear when you've got a hangover that help lift your spirits?

I did a search and didn't find anything, so I'm sorry if I am creatting a repeat thread.

Last night I had a bit too much to drink and woke up a bit hung over. I was sniffing around in my BPAL box for something that might wake me up/help make me feel better and didn't find anything (and some scents totally made me think - "ewww"). I ended up settling for Madrid because it reminded me of when I was in Madrid, stumbling through the streets after too much sangria. :P

So.....what scents do you guys wear when you've got a hangover that help lift your spirits?

I'm not too sure about the spirit-lifting capabilities of BPAL on light to medium hangovers, but I will vouch for Lush's Happy Hippy and BPAL's Spirits of the Dead as being the only scents I can stand to have near me if I'm in a serious (headache, vomit, etc.) hangover. Something about the very light and refreshing citrus really helps calm my stomach and doesn't aggravate nausea or head pain.

I use GRR when I've got a serious alcohol-induced headache. It's the only thing I can wear that doesn't make my stomach roll over.

Hmm.. how about Dirty.. it is suppose to make you feel clean.. even when maybe you haven't been as much.. :P

51 might be good for this too.. as I find it to be light.. glowing and bright, but not abrasive..

oh oh oh! And.. Undertow might do well.. as it kind of smells like a mint julep, it would let you kind of.. stay in the alcoholy state of mind.. but with the mint added and the kinda.. coolness.. it might help.. alert you and perk you up a bit..

I am not a drinker though and.. I have never had a hangover in my life so.. my suggestions are based soley on theory.. not actual testing :D

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be on the lookout for these. :D

Last night I got home to a surprise package of imps from a friend of mine, and think I found another hangover scent. Calliope - it smelled like sweet lemonade to me. I'll give that one a shot too. Though thankfully after a few hours yesterday I was back to normal. :P