Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
odalisque

Namaste brand incense blends

I have a few scents of this incense brand called Namaste that are dear to my heart. One is "Cedar Wood" and the other is "Amber" but I tend to doubt that those are the only notes present. They're both kind of deep and warm, but with slightly sweet hints.

Anyone familiar with the smell of these guys? they come in a green and orange box about the size of a pack of cards?

The other brand I really enjoy is made by the same company, I believe, and called India Temple. It's much sweeter but still not gregariously fruity or easily identifiable as floral. The warm resinous smell of it kind of rounds it out and grounds it a lot.

I note that the Lab offers a lot of blends with "incense" notes and some are on their way to me as I type (woohoo!). I'm mostly wondering if anyone here has smelled the incenses I refer to and found good BPAL matches.

Check out Diwali before the Yules go away! It's a very complex scent, but the base is a cedar and sandalwood incense. I'm not familiar with the brand of incense you mentioned, but Diwali reminds me so strongly of incense stores in Japan and the scent at temples.

Diwali has some creamy and fruity notes, but on me, those faded away completely after about 30 minutes, and it was a pure incense blend. You can look over the reviews to see how it worked for other people. If it "works" for your skin chemistry, it will smell like incense with rice pudding, basically.

Try Sri Lanka! You might really like it -- it's one of my favourites, and it's much like you describe. It's deep, sweet, and warm, and there's definitely some cedar going on in there.