Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Welcome back!

We finally got the upgrade behind us! Or at least behind us enough to reopen the forum. I'm still tweaking the gallery a bit, but not doing enough heavy lifting to where I need to keep everyone out of the rest of the forum to accomplish it. If you run across any bugs we might have missed, please send a PM to either quantum spice or myself. We'll try to get it fixed ASAP.

There's not too many new toys this time as the newest version of invision board focused more on optimization, security and behind the scenes stuff, but I still have a few things to point out. First of all, you can now go into your control panel and set what color, font, etc. you want your posts to be in by default. Those of you who have been around since the very early days of the forum will remember that we used to have something like this but had to do away with it one upgrade. I finally found another version of this modification that I was happy with and so it has returned. We've also finally been able to edit the board code so that the often-requested point reward of Unlimited Member Title Changes can be offered. It's price is 750 points, and if "purchased" you'll be able to change your member title however often you want through your member control panel.

Also Invision packaged a new default skin with 2.3 that I like waaaaaaay better than the old IPB Default (which I'm still keeping for those who do like it), and it's the new face of the work skin. It can be found on the drop menu under "IP.Board Pro."

Lastly, I wanted to post a reminder that it's important that people keep an eye on this announcements area. I know the forum downtime came as a bit of a surprise to people, even though I posted an announcement about it coming up this past weekend. Kate checked the stats and it showed that only about 1 in 5 of all members that have visited the forum since I posted the announcement actually stopped to read it. I don't want to have to subscribe everyone to this section of the forum, but I will if the next time we have scheduled forum downtime it's met with as much surprise and confusion. We don't make announcements often, but we do make them for good reason so we'd really appreciate it if you read them. It makes our job easier.

Welcome back!

ETA: OH I forgot one thing. We installed a new search engine, so you can now search for words smaller than 4 letters (than not ones with as few as just one). I know this has also been something people have been hoping for, so we're excited to release it. It also appears to be faster than our old one so that's also good news. :P

Sign in to follow this