Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Known issue: browsing by letter in feedback

Hi guys -

I just wanted to let you know that our hosts decided to upgrade us sooner than we'd asked for two of the updates we had planned on doing Friday (upgrading our PHP and MySQL software), BUT that as a result of that upgrade, we have lost the ability to browse the feedback by letter.

Unfortunately, the part that is sucking is in the encrypted portion of the code base, so I can't fix it. (And to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I could even if I wanted to - I haven't done anything with exception handling with PHP, and it's an exception handling problem.) The only way that it can be fixed is by upgrading the code base, which I haven't been able to start to do as we hadn't had the necessary server stuff. (What a catch-22! Can't upgrade it without PHP5, but PHP5 completely breaks the old software.)

So, that's been removed until I have time to go obtain the new code base and convert everything to be as pretty as we like it. You'll have to search by handle or use the links provided within the forum to find someone's feedback.

ETA: For a time scale, the last time we did this, it took me about 4 months to get everything the way we have it. It shouldn't take as long, because I'm much more familiar with IPB and with Censura than I had been then, but it will still take a pretty chunky amount of time to finish it.

Sign in to follow this