Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
for_the_nonce

Scents turning to bubblegum?

Coyote, The Lion, and Anubis all smell identical on me- soft, pink, and bubblegummy. It's especially sad because I thought all three of those scents would be perfect for me. Alas, it wasn't to be. I can't for the life of me figure out why that is. They don't share any notes- at least not any that are explicitely listed.

Help?

Just reading the title, I automatically thought "must be lotus!" heh. I agree with Ah Xia- I think it is likely the amber, though I've never had it turn sweet on my skin.

Hm.. amber. I never thought of that. I know amber sometimes works on my skin (Brisingamen, for example), so maybe it's a specific type of amber? :P

Hee, I instantly thought "lotus," too!

Coyote and the Lion definitely have amber - I wonder if it's the myrrh in Anubis? I've heard people talk about that going sweet on them.

Also, this is pure speculation, but if it is amber, I wonder if it's Egyptian amber? I have also seen people talk about that as a particularly sweet form of amber (I think in recent reviews of Red Moon/Leo/Sportive Sun - whichever one has that in it). And if it is, I wonder if it's sneaked into Anubis as well - the whole Egyptian theme...

In Brisingamen, if there are five distinct kinds of amber, the bad one might be drowned out!

(Edited to fix repeating post.)

Edited by Anna D.

I just thought of something else...it could be the "dry grasses" note...the coumarin style hay note is really sweet to the smell sometimes. That's in Coyote for sure and I think the Lion. and it could be the storax (sweetgum) in Anubis.

Interesting! I had no idea what storax was. I'll have to find something else with storax and see if it smells like bubblegum as well.

Also, this is pure speculation, but if it is amber, I wonder if it's Egyptian amber? I have also seen people talk about that as a particularly sweet form of amber (I think in recent reviews of Red Moon/Leo/Sportive Sun - whichever one has that in it). And if it is, I wonder if it's sneaked into Anubis as well - the whole Egyptian theme...

I haven't tried Leo yet, but I have a decant on the way, so I'll see then. I think Bastet has egyptian amber in it- it was overly sweet, but I think that was the almond note. It could've been the amber though.