Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
porcelina

Celine Dion perfume?

My mom really likes this Celine Dion perfume; she doesn't really wear perfume very often but when she does, it's Celine Dion, all the way. There are two that she likes- the plain self-titled kind and another kind called "Notes" (which made it really difficult for me when I was trying to do a search to find out what fragrance notes are in each perfume!)... here are the descriptions:

Celine Dion:

An elegant bottle, faceted with five points, holds the lyrical essence of light luscious florals including water lily, orange blossom and exotic Tiare flower. Balanced with warm, rich amber, sheer musk and pristine blonde woods, the result is a scent that is perfect for everyday use, yet still sophisticated enough for special occasions.

Notes:

Parfum Notes is a rich and sensual new interpretation of the original fragrance. It is an intimate mingling of florals, musk and woods -- peony and vetiver, mimosa, sandalwood, Amazon orchid and white musk. A captivating romantic floral fragrance, Celine Dion Parfum Notes is the perfect accompaniment to the original fragrance.

So it seems she likes light florals and musks- right? Almost none of my BPAL is in any way up her alley because I like darker scents that are resiny and incensey or boozey. I'll occasionally wear rose or peony but that's about it in the way of florals. She hated Love in the Asylum, liked Peony Moon and liked Ephemera well enough as well, but I can't think of what else I can put on her that she might like. Suggestions?

Searching on "peony," Shoggoth sounds like it was made for her: An amorphous, radiant, incandescent scent. Ever changing, protoplasmic and primordial: white amber, green coconut meat, iris, palmarosa, Chinese peony, lime, water lily, snowdrop, muguet, lemongrass, osmanthus, wisteria, glassy musk, and hinoki.

I'm betting that 51 would be another one you could introduce her to, with its light dry woods, light musks and a juicy floral-fruity character--I've enabled another three people easily frightened by perfume since it's come out.

Sign in to follow this