Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

PMs from 4/30-5/2 were AWOL (but have returned)

If you have noticed this thread, the database problems we were experiencing has lead to a catastrophic error with the PMs and some PMs being read by people other than the ones who were supposed to be reading them.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that I know what happened, when it happened, and how to fix it.

The bad news is that there are approximately 650 PMs that need to be manually sorted. This takes time. I have a final in ~30 minutes. I am NOT going to finish this before the final and will NOT be able to start fixing this until approximately 9 PM CST.

I anticipate this should be fixed late tonight or early tomorrow, depending on how many PMs I need to renumber.

All orphan PMs (PMs whose title / to / from information is here but whose actual PM text is missing) will be deleted and I will notify the original sender in some way.

Actually, changed my mind on how to proceed -- I just moved all the affected PMs to a separate table so you can access your older ones and still use the PMs. Anything after now should be good to go.

If it was time-dependent, important: re-send.

Sign in to follow this