Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
enchantedwoodsgirl

Recommendations for Cemetery Boxwood Scent?

I love the scent of ancient old boxwood bushes/shrubs in old cemeteries - I know some people think they smell of male cat urine but I find it an intriquing smell - it is earthy and mingles well with yews and pines.

Thanks!

I'm going to bump this because while the boxwood scent I'm looking for is not limited to old cemeteries, I think it's probably too similar a note to start a new thread (and Ivy was kind enough to bring this to my attention in my question re: how to find a thread looking for a specific note).

I don't know if old cemetery boxwoods smell the same as fresh in-my-front-yard boxwoods or all the boxwood bushes that seem to line the streets of Old Williamsburg, Va., (the place I really associate with the smell) ...

But for years and years I'd smell this and think "Williamsburg! WHAT the heck IS that smell?" and finally passed one (I think it was on Capitol Hill) and asked the owner and voila, had a name for it.

Now I have one in front of my house and always love to sniff it when I walk in or out. The deer love it too.

To me, it is SUCH a unique scent, one so ineffably springy-summery and green and fresh and yet evocative of the olden days that I was hoping there might be more blends that include it. I was directed to this past Weenie's Heinous Hedge-Maze and have an imp coming my way so I'll get to see if it's close, but am worried that the rosemary (NOT my favorite scent) will overpower it.

Beth or Labbies, if you read this and ever respond to a question like this, IS there such thing as a boxwood note or oil? Or is there something similar? I think if you ever decided to add an Old Williamsburg or colonial scent to the Wanderlust line, boxwood should be the predominant note!!!

Sign in to follow this