Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Price caps and the Wanted section -- clarification

There's recently been some question about the price cap and the Wanted forum. The price caps do apply to all forum transactions, even those in the Wanted forum.

We do not feel that going around the guidelines by only responding to wanted posts rather than posting the items you have available in Sales is acting in the spirit of fairness and friendship we try to encourage here. We created the price caps to discourage people's profiteering, not to simply force them to be more creative in how they accomplish it.

It is true that there is nothing we can do about people violating the caps and charging people exorbitant prices by responding to posts from the "Wanted" forum if the mod staff don't hear about it. It's very much like swaplifting: we cannot do anything about it if we do not know that it is happening. (And unlike swaplifting: we've got an easily accessible master list of LE prices that can be checked against - it's pretty cut and dry. Either you adhere to the price caps or you don't. Swaplifting, at least, has the gray area of "being in the mail".)

If someone proposes a swap that violates the price caps, please notify one of the swap moderators (cupide430, grrrlennyl, Scylla, Silvertree, or twistygirl), or one of the board administrators (Morrighana, quantum spice, shriekingviolet). If you see a post in the swaps area that exceeds the caps or says something along the lines of "contact me for prices", please report the topic. We have banned people from swapping for continually refusing to adhere to our price caps in their topics, and we would ban them for continually refusing to adhere to our price caps in their Wanted-related transactions if we knew about them.

If you have questions about the price cap policy, don't hesitate to post your question in the price cap questions thread or contact one of the swap moderators or board administrators.

Hi! I just wanted to remind y'all that exceeding the price caps when offering to swap or sell is not allowed. If someone does exceed the price caps, please let one of the swap moderators know by forwarding the PM. (Since we don't have a forward button, just hit reply and instead of the sender's name in "To", put one of their names - allidavie, clephan, cupid430, grrrlennyl, Scylla, twistygirl - or mine, and edit the "QUOTE" to be "QUOTE=sender" at the beginning of the post - leave the "/QUOTE" alone.) Thanks!

Hi guys! I just wanted to remind y'all, because it's come up a few times lately, that "put in an offer" is not an acceptable price. You must follow our price guidelines if you want to sell your stash here.

Bumping because I just banned someone from swaps for having a third price cap violation with "make me an offer" in their swap/sale post and responding to a Wanted request with something that was nearly double the price cap.

Just a note that linking to off-forum swaps to circumvent the price caps are ALSO not allowed.

Sign in to follow this