Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Honor

BPAL scents similiar to Davidoff scent

Hope I'm in the right place. Think I'm in the right place.

So, I'm still a newbie to BPAL (and a poor student) and so have not been able to sample ALL of Beths illustrious scents. I've found that her "light" "Fresh" "aquatic" and "green" scents do really well on me, but fade quickly. Florals hate me and honey becomes powder on me.

Most of the time I prefer the lighter scents anyway...but sometimes I want something a bit thicker, smoother and heady...basically a scent similar to my current favorite perfume (still).... no offense to Beth and BPAL of course, but I've yet to find a scent like it. I absolutely adore it... of course it's a commercial type perfume, so I know it has fixatives and the like, but I'd be thrilled to shit if I could find a BPAL scent that is at least similar to my current perfume. I want to find a BPAL scent (instead of just buying more perfume)) because for one, BPAL really is cheaper in the long run. (if I get an imp and dilute with jojoba at least) and because I like variety and would honestly rather support a "small" buisness owner like Beth who knows and cares about her customer base rather than a faceless entity.

I've tried various BPAL scents that I thought might smell like this, but alas, nothing. I know there are many of you out there who have tried *everything* it seems and know alot more about scents and layers than I do, so I thought I'd see if anyone more seasoned than me might have an idea as to what might either a: emulate or b: react similarly to the perfume I have now.

The actual perfume is called "Good Life" by Davidoff, and the notes go like this:

Top Notes

Citrus, Ylang-Ylang

MIddle Notes

Jasmine, Rose, Magnolia, Fig Leaves

Base Notes

Woody Notes, Fig Milk, Vanilla

So.... ideas?

What about Peitho? It doesn't have identical notes, but here's the lab description:

"The Goddess of Persuasion, Seduction and Sexual Wiles. A member of Aphrodite’s retinue, she is also Aphrodite’s daughter and sister to Tyche and Eunomia. Lusty myrtle and jasmine with red sandalwood, stargazer lily, and clove over an opulent, rich bed of warm musk and bourbon vanilla. "

What about Peitho? It doesn't have identical notes, but here's the lab description:

"The Goddess of Persuasion, Seduction and Sexual Wiles. A member of Aphrodite’s retinue, she is also Aphrodite’s daughter and sister to Tyche and Eunomia. Lusty myrtle and jasmine with red sandalwood, stargazer lily, and clove over an opulent, rich bed of warm musk and bourbon vanilla. "

hmmmmmmmmmmm... that sounds like it could at least be interesting....worthy of adding to my wishlist at least.

I looked through many descriptions and it seems like Mata Hari comes kind of close.

Incidentally, I went to put some of my beloved "Good Life" on and it smells nothing like it did. All sharp and alcoholy. I KNOW I've been smelling whiffs of it here and there and with the warm humidity that my room tends to be, I'm wondering if it wasn't notes of the perfume coming out (the bottle is about 5 years old and the cap isnt as snug as it was) so now I can't even use THAT.

Must find equivalent....

Sign in to follow this