Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

IMPORTANT: Forum Downtime Announcement

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year again! A major update has been released for our forum software and I will be upgrading it sometime in the next few weeks. I expect there will be at least 12 hours of downtime, but I do want to stress that is on the low end of estimations. Since it is a major upgrade that involves a lot of changes to the database, there is a high possibility of hitting a snag along the way that would hold up the process. Gods know when we upgraded to 2.0 last October, what I was hoping would be a long evening of work turned out to be a two day nightmare. So I'm determined to not jinx things with too much optimism, but I am doing as much to prepare for the upgrade so that I can minimize the time to forum is closed. Hopefully it'll be enough to make sure that things are down for no longer than a day.

I don't have a hard date yet as to when the upgrade will happen, but I'm aiming for the middle of next week (say, Tuesday?) or the week after that. When I'm sure that things are as ready as I can get them, I'll let you know and give you all at least a day's warning. In the meantime though, I'd like you all to gather up any information (for swaps, etc.) that you'd need if the forum was down for longer than planned so that way no one is caught unaware.

Thanks!

Sign in to follow this