Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have no background whatsoever on the Orishas, but found this description online:

In Haitian Vodun, Ogoun (or Ogun) is a loa who presides over fire, iron, politics and war. He is the patron of smiths and is usually displayed with his attributes: machete or sable, rum and tobacco. He is married to Erzulie.

In Yorùbá mythology, Ogun (same as Ogoun) is a son of Yemaja and Orungan.

In Santería, he is identified with Saint Peter.

In the bottle: I smell mint, but it's almost overwhelmed with something harsh and sour. I can't quite put my finger on it... I'm a little wary of trying this one on, but knowing how differently blends smell after mingling with my chemistry, I really can't predict how this one will turn out.

On my skin: The sourness evaporates almost immediately, and is replaced by... CLOVE! Sweet spicy clove, with a hint of minty coolness lingering in the background. After reading the description, I'm wondering if there's tobacco in here, too - but that's a note I'm horrible at recognizing. There's a hint of something smokey as it dries on my skin, and I'm left with a gorgeous smokey clove scent. :P

Definitely an assertive blend, but one that works well with my chemistry. I think I'll be wearing this a lot this fall... aw, hell who am I kidding. I won't wait until cooler weather, I'm down with the spicy scents ANY time! :D

this was wired on me, reminded me of my moms foundation when I was a kid, musty. strange