Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

READ: New Guidelines Up!

I've finally finished fine-tweaking the third version of the forum guidelines and they are up and ready to go!

I'm not requiring a 'ratification' this time as I've learned it's months of trouble to make sure that everyone has read them. So there's no need to pm me and let me know you've read them (unless you want to), but everyone will still be responsible for knowing and understanding the new content.

Plenty of what's in there should be no news to anyone. With the exception for important changes that are being made to the swap area (of which we started discussing here last week), most of the new content is simply putting in writing policies we were already employing but weren't in the guidelines or things we had thought were intuitive/just common sense for most people, but found that we should probably have it down in the guidelines just to be clear. There's also some elaboration in sections that were already there, to make the guidelines even more clear than they previously were.

I recommend that everyone read the whole guidelines all the way through again, just to refresh your mind over our policies as well as to read the new content. But as I do know they are pretty long, below is a list of new and edited sections. Sections that are completely new are in red.

• Moderators and How (and Who?) to Contact Them
  • Posting Guidelines
  • Warnings
  • Member Abuse
  • Swap Guidelines (part of which are on a separate, linked page btw)
  • Rules and Guidelines for E-tailers
  • Regarding Questionable Content Concerning Your Company on the Forums
  • Rewards System
  • Forum Descriptions

If you have any comments or questions about the new guidelines, feel free to send them to quantum spice or me.

Now go read!

Oh and since I forgot to say so before, I added a dozen or so more avatars for public comsumption. Here's hoping a few of you using the kitty/meow avatar will switch over and I'll quit thinking you're all the same gal. :P

Sign in to follow this