Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

I hate having to post things like this.

In response to the few questions we have received about our relations with the Apothecary’s Cat… simply put, we are freezing our wholesale business for the time being. The Imp House, Black Broom and Alternate Realities will continue to host our oils. We wish ApCat all the luck that they deserve in future endeavors.

Now for the nasty stuff…

I have not had an opportunity to post much lately, and it grieves me a little that the first post I am able to make in ages has to have such a grim tone to it.

It is against our policy to condone the purchase of our oils to those that have the express intent of diluting them and reselling them as an original BPAL product. In addition, it is EXTREMELY uncool to purchase our oils if your only intent is reselling them. We are very particular about who we choose to do business with in a reseller’s capacity, and while I am perfectly happy with most everyone’s LJ, forum and eBay sales, as well as trades, I don’t like the idea of people who are not authorized resellers taking it upon themselves to sell our items in a retail environment. It goes without saying that it is doubly upsetting when the oils are diluted or otherwise altered. I’ve asked for this practice to cease as nicely as I can, and now I have to resort to demanding it.

Since I have been receiving numerous questions regarding this…

No, ApCat has NEVER diluted any of our products. I thought that I had made it clear, particularly when I said, “I don’t like the idea of people who are not authorized resellers taking it upon themselves to sell our items in a retail environment.” ApCat was clearly an authorized reseller for a very long time. But to reiterate, this is an issue that has come up with people that have purchased our products from the site, in a retail capacity, with the sole intent of reselling, and a particular customer that has done so AND diluted. It has nothing to do with anyone that has ever been one of our wholesale customers, nor does it have anything to do with those who make bulk group purchases through individuals or through a service like the Imp House.

Don’t know how else I can explain this.