Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
reina

looking for a close blend to "Jaipur pour Homme"

ok, so there's this guy I used to date, and we kept in touch, stayed friends since...

Now, his fave perfume is Boucheron's "Jaipur Pour Homme", which is somewhat sweet, spicy, with some citrus a tiny bit floral. I guess it could be described as a sweet-ish oriental blend. I checked for the note list on Sephora and here's what it says:

Heliotrope, Bergamot, Amber, Lemon, Vetiver, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg, Tonka Bean.

He likes the cinnamon in it, thats what he told me...

so I'm looking for a BPAL blend that would suit him with these notes, or maybe even something that could be layered to achieve an even sexier effect.

Any suggestions? :P

Those notes sound really good! I don't think there's an exact match here, but you might want to give these a try:

Casanova: A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.

Dorian: A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

I love Jaipur Homme! I bought it for the man for Valentine's day...I melt when he wears it! Anywho, maybe a combination of these three might be slightly similar...or if not, they might smell gorgeous together anyway, think I might have to try it meself!! :P

Sin ~ Sin & Salvation ~ Thouroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

Eclipse ~ Bewitching Brews ~ All the glory, warmth and majesty of the sun -- darkened. A delicious blend of bitter almond, vanilla, frankincense and heliotrope, with a drop of cinnamon. (Gender neutral) - I wonder if this one would be closest...have to try it again when I get home tonight

Chimera ~ Bewitching Brews ~ The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

Hmmm, not sure about the lemon note though, maybe a touch of Zephyr or Dorian would do it.

Cassanova might work. :P

thanks for the suggestions!

I think the problem with Eclipse and Chimera are the lack of citrus to balance out the sweeter notes.

I think I had an imp of Eclipse, and I'm not sure he'd go with it... I'm not sure I'd be able to get close to him...

I didn't mention that there's a chance that we'd get back together. We're going out to a party tomorrow night.

Here I am being a mad scientist mixing up BPAL to make Jaipur only to find that fallow deer's suggestion of a single Silk Road is pretty darn close! :P I'm actually testing them side by side right now and Silk Road IS quite similar! SR though has a couple of notes that round it out a little more - maybe the herbal?, which makes them similar but different. :D

As for my concoction, I tried it last night and it was kind of similar but much more thick and resinous, whereas Jaipur and Silk Road have a lightness about them, which makes me think, go the Silk Road. Eclipse kind of worked in the mix, but has a bit too much almond in it. I've never smelt it, but Cassanova does sound like it might work too, with its bergamot and lemon peel... you're right reina, it definitely does need those citrus notes to lighten it!

Anyway, good luck with your friend!!

PS: I just tried a teeny tiny bit of Sin with Silk Road for extra amber and cinnamon and it's not really closer to Jaipur, but very nice!

Sign in to follow this