Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Rumors About Privacy Violations

It's come to my attention that someone is spreading rumors that members of the mod team are digging through people's PMs. Seeing as how I am one of only two people who have the access to even attempt to do this, I take this as a personal accusation and I cannot tell you how offended I am that anyone would either assume this or make this up. If it's an assumption and not a vicious lie, I can't believe you'd repeat to multiple people without coming to me to inquire about it first. Because it's total bullshit and completely slanderous, and to speak it as truth without investigating is completely irresponsible and a real slap in the face for what I do for you all here. And if you can't offer enough respect for that to assume I'm not doing something completely unethical without any proof in return, really just get out. I do not consider you welcome here.

I do not read any one's PMs and Kate doesn't read anyone's PMs. It'd be wrong of us to do so and we'd feel slimy doing so. But since it appears that there's no trust of our honor, here, let me give you further reason to accept that we're not poking around in your correspondences: to do so would not be easy to do! The board doesn't store you pms in an easy log somewhere. I can't open up a page somewhere and read your pms in the same manner that you can your own. PM information is stored in two separate tables, and your names aren't even in the same table the text of your message is. The title of the message is stored in a separate place than the actual message. I've moved literally, thousands of these table rows both times we've moved, and I can tell you, there's not much to see and it's highly unlikely you'd fall upon something "interesting" (whatever that would mean) just by browsing a table at random. You'd have to be looking for something specific in mind just to find anything, but even then it'd be a pain in the ass. I know this from when I was trying to fix the missing PM problems we had while the board was done. Ask anyone who has a lot of experience with an invision board, it's not built well for spying. So even if we were so inclined to do read your private messages (and again, we're not), it'd take more effort than it would be worth.

That said, I think I (or whoever else it was you were spreading unfound rumors about) am owed an apology because this claim was completely baseless and extremely offensive. And if you want to play that way, have the balls to say it to me, or don't do it here. Don't waste my server's memory with this crap.

Sign in to follow this