Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

BPAL Logorama.

The old phoenix logo has poofed out in a whoosh of flame, and it is time for a new BPAL logo to rise from its ashes.

Since this is a family of sniff-makers and not doodlers, we're leaving it up to you.

We are looking for a new logo... simple, clean, and something that will work well as both black ink on white and the reverse… a Fin de Siècle, Decadent Movement-inspired phoenix. The logo will be used on a bevy of BPAL paraphernalia, will adorn the new label for our Black Phoenix blend, will be carved into a Black Phoenix Trading Post pendant if possible, and, of course, the artist will be given full credit and will be lauded in the annals of BPAL history as an artistic genius and the herald of a new eon of BPAL tchotchkies.

And I might just be moved to get it tattoo’d somewhere indiscreet. :P Sage, that means I’m coming to visit you again soon. =)

Please email a lo-res version of your artwork to me at cupcake [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com with ‘Logo Contest Entry’ in the title by March 30th, 2005. The contest will commence on April Fools Day, 2005. I will set the artwork up on our site, and there will be an anonymous public voting process, the details of which are still to be determined. Voting is only open to members of the BPAL Forum and the BPAL Livejournal community.

And now for the details: your artwork does not need to be digital, but must be scanable if it isn't digital. If you are sending a hard copy of your work, please remit it to –

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Attn: Beth

5042 Vineland Avenue

North Hollywood, CA 91601

If you are sending digital art, we will need a version that is at least 300 dpi to use for printing and etching purposes. When sending in your entry, please send a 72 dpi version and keep the 300 dpi file on hand.

Yes, there is a prize for the winner and the two runners up. A woman is entitled to her secrets and little mysteries, no? =)

Questions? Email me.