Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

Forum move (for real this time)

Sorry for the short notice, but as I'm sure you've all noticed the board has been as slow as molasses the last few nights and I'm as sick of it as I'm sure you all are. Kate and I discovered that the company that was moving the board for me half did the job, neglecting to close the board off when they saved the data to upload in another location and so we've got to move all of the posts, membership records, PMs, etc. that have been made since the 3rd of January. Horrific yes, but not nearly as bad as the year's worth of stuff I tried to move mid December so it should be more manageable and be able to get done over the course of a few days. *knocks on wood* Sure I could ask them to do it for me, but as they did such a craptacular job already and took so long to do it, I think we'll be better off on our own.

So the board will be closing for the weekend as of tomorrow morning (perhaps around 10-11-ish CST? That's about 5 or 6 pm in the UK I think...) and will hopefully be back up in the beginning part of next week. Again I apologize for the short notice and will completely understand if you are unable to back up swaps, etc. in time before the board shuts down. I'll post an address tomorrow where you can email me a note to have me retrieve something if it's absolutely necessary. I'll also need anyone who may have edited an old post from before Jan 3 to let me know so I can make sure the edited copy gets transferred.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding! Pray for me! :P

Sign in to follow this