Favorite BPAL oils: Anesthesia, Die Biegerde, Morocco, Dorian, Bones of Capys, Flickering Lantern, A Thousand Thoughts, and Hopes, and Joys
Favorite notes: Rose, French lavender, beeswax, honey, smoke, incense
Favorite non-BPAL perfumes: I hardly ever wear non-bpal, but when I do it's Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'eau
Least favorite notes: Lemon, verbena
Least favorite non-BPAL perfumes: Angel by Thierry Mugler
If Beth made a custom blend for you, what would the notes be, and what would you want the label art to look like?: It would be lavender with a warm woodsmoke and a hint of beeswax. The label art would be of the rooftops of Edinburgh at night with smoke coming out of the chimneys.
Style/home decoration style: Sort of Scandinavian/going for a ski lodge vibe!
Favorite decorating colors: White, taupe, with hints of navy and pink
Things you collect: No real collections, but I can't get enough candles or gel pens
Favorite music: The Smiths
Least favorite music: Dance/house type stuff.
Other food restrictions: Artificial sweeteners give me migraines, so I try to avoid them
Favorite flavors: Cherry, cinnamon, bubblegum/general candy flavours
Favorite foods/drinks: Pizza, cheese, pickled onions, marshmallows, Swedish Fish, Hot Tamales. Cider, cherry colas, cream soda, root beer, wine, gin, peat whisky
Favorite authors/genres: I love detective noir, cozy mysteries, non-fiction books about unusual but interesting topics, cyberpunk, books about travel, some urban fantasy and I seem to like American classics. My favourite authors are James Ellroy, China Mieville, Raymond Chandler, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett.
Least favorite authors/genres: I'm not into romance, anything especially tragic or to do with war, and as much as I want to read horror it's better that I don't!
Books/authors you'd like to read, but haven't yet: I enjoyed Bukowski's Post Office, and I'd like to read more by him
How do you feel about receiving gently used books as gifts? I love old books!
Favorite stores (including clothing stores): Sephora (because we don't have it in the UK), H&M, Topshop, Tiger, Uniqlo, Crate & Barrel
Favorite online stores (including B&B stores): Hush, Cult Beauty, Beauty Mart, ban.do, general browsing on Etsy
Magazines you subscribe to: None
Magazines you like, but don't subscribe to: None
Favorite movies: Delicatessen, The Darjeeling Limited, What We Do in the Shadows, Sideways
Favorite TV show(s): Seinfeld, Curb, Parks & Rec, Frasier, Flight of the Concords, The Thick of It (so comedy, basically). Friday Night Lights, West Wing
Hobbies/crafts done: Drawing, watercolour & acrylic painting. Running. Ashtanga yoga. I've recently started writing my own cozy mystery series.
Clothing & Jewelry
Hair type: Curly
Skin Type: Combination
Allergies (specifically B&B related): None
Other things to avoid: Silicons & sulphates in hair products, ideally
Tub, shower or both?: Tub, always
Favorite bath & beauty products: Bath oils & body oils, face and hair masks
Clothing Style/Fave garments: I'm all about cozy. I work from home so I wear pyjamas *a lot* and when I'm out I like to wear comfy skirts and t-shirts/jumpers, flat shoes or trainers. I love fluffy socks!
Favorite clothing colors/colors to wear: Green, taupe/brown, navy, grey
Type(s) of jewelry worn: Necklaces, sometimes
Ring/wrist/collar size: Ring size O, I think? But I don't really wear rings (not even my wedding ring)
Jewelry - gold or silver? Silver
Do you have any allergies to metal? No
Favorite gemstones: Opal, amber, anything that's more stone than gem - if that makes sense.
Sock/Shoe Size: UK size 6, US size 8
- On a scale of 1-5, how organized are you? 1
- Where, outside of the U.S. would you love to visit? (if you're international, this can be anywhere): Tokyo
-Where, inside of the U.S. would you love to visit?: Anywhere I'd get to see wild wolves & bears, so probably Yellowstone?
-Favorite City in the US/World?: In the US - New York (I've only been there & Orlando). In the world: Bologna (with Edinburgh a close second)
- Do people tell you that you act older, younger, or your age?: Younger
-If I gave you a toy gun with flashing lights, would you hide and start shooting people from around corners OR would you thank me on the IGI thread and then quietly donate it (a niece, Oxfam, Goodwill, wherever)? (there are no wrong answers for this, so don't be afraid to answer honestly): Thank and quietly donate
- What animal do you feel like the most?: Left Shark. An actual animal...probably a domestic cat
- Your favorite feature about yourself: I quite like my hair
- Do you live in a neighborhood or in the middle of nowhere? In a village, about 20 minutes from a city
-Have you ever thought, "oh, I'm going to get myself one of those one of these days" but then never do? List 1 under $10 and 1 over $10. Under $10 - some cute stickers Over $10 - a ban.do agenda, or similar big planner
- How do you feel about boi witches?: I'm not sure what it means, but I'm sure I feel fine about them
- Do you like garage sales (boot sales)? No, I hate haggling
- I like to slather my food in : Any available condiment, but if it's appropriate then ideally buffalo sauce & blue cheese sauce. Here in the UK, I put mint sauce on pretty much all meats, to everyone's horror
- State fairs or carnivals? I like them (not sure if this is a choice question or a yes/no one)
- You throw caution to the wind and runaway to join a traveling circus. What job would you want ( a main performer, a side show, a behind the scenes spot, etc) and why? I think I'd want to be a clown as I'm terrified of them, it might be a sort of extreme exposure therapy.
- What mythical or fantastic race of creatures (dragons, unicorns, griffins, elves, dwarves, faeries, etc.) do you most identify with? I don't know much about mythical creatures but I always thought it would be fun to be like Puck, the sprite in Midsummer Night's Dream - mischievously meddling in other people's affairs.
- Imagine that you're given a shoebox-sized time capsule, and you are asked to put any number of items in the box that symbolize who you are. The items can be may be anything you can imagine, and money is no object, but they must fit within the box. What do you choose? Notebook & pink gel pen, a few paints, a four-cheese pizza (probably a calzone, so it'll fit), a GPS watch, a sprig of lavender, some fancy bath oil, my kindle, some shells from my nearby beach, a ticket to my local comedy club, one of those classy little cans of gin & tonic.
- Do you need storage boxes/bottles/containers? Decorated or Plain? I always need more containers of any sort. Decorated or plain, I don't mind.
- The world has given you the day off. You hear that, no chores, responsibilities, or budget you have to follow. What would you do in those 24 hours? Helicopter up to Edinburgh with my husband and have pancakes at my favourite cafe. Then fly to Tuscany, where a Maserati would be waiting for us. Drive round Tuscany looking at the scenery until we arrive at Bologna at lunchtime. Have cotoletta bolognese and some good wine for lunch, then spend the afternoon wandering the streets looking in little shops etc. Go to a deli and buy some really good meats, cheeses, bread and wines, and spend the evening on a private balcony overlooking the city. So basically, I'd eat.
- Do you like steampunk & if so what kind of steampunk item would you most like to receive? I do! I love the aesthetic and I've read a few stories/seen a couple of steampunk films, I'd be open to anything.
- Do you have an Etsy shop? No
- Would you like to receive baked goods, if so what kind? Ideally not, I'm a bit funny about baked goods in the post
- What is something totally random (yes, that thing that just popped into your head) that hasn't been covered by any previous questions? This might have come across in previous questions, but I'm basically obsessed with art/pictures to do with cities or the night sky, or ideally a combination of the two. Just as an example, this is one of my favourite prints that I have, and I love Jeremy Mann's cityscapes. I also really like art/crafts depicting the moon, either realistically or more cartoony.