1. I wonder what a potential witchee would think about being bombarded with PUMPKINS in various formats. Because my current obsession just may last long enough to be of use in spoiling.....but I know wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. Would you appreciate it?!?
Do want pumpkin in food, smells, and possibly in decor if "modern pumpkin" vs. "country pumpkin."
2. I currently have a CSA and my significant other is perpetually out of town for work, so I've been doing a lot of canning and baking with my vegetables. How do people feel about canned good (pickles, salsa, etc) and vegetal baked goods (squash bread, zucchini bread).
Pumpkin bread is NOM! I love salsa...I am not as aware of jams/jellies/pickles as some others, so not sure! OH – and I didn’t put this in my post on the forum, but I also prefer bread without nuts – especially walnuts.
3. Trading Post wants?
Yes, please! I have some items in my w/l (linked in my sig on forum). It hasn’t been updated in a while. Guess I need to do that (I have many lists that need updating, it seems! I would sell my right arm for Blueberry Peppermint bath oil or a Lick it! Candle. I did not expect to like either of those, ordered one of each and they sat for like a year before I used them and discovered it was love….and they were long gone. Have never seen either on the Post’s etsy or for sale or swap since. L
4. What direct sellers do you not like and would prefer not to get things from? And also feel free to list any retail brands you really don't like.
I haven’t found anything from Avon or Mary Kay that wowed me, but if my Witch thought something was compelling, I’d sure try it! Similarly, I haven’t tried many of the listed brands. I am pretty careful to buy cruelty-free, so that eliminates some stuff. It’s fairly important to me with beauty products, makeup, and home fragrance, especially, since I consider these luxuries and feel icky about someone suffering for me to smell good, etc.
5. How about y'alls coffee and tea preferences?
I really enjoy both. I want to be a cool, loose tea person, but the bags I’ve bought tend to sit in the drawer longingly watching the tea bags fly out time after time. I’m in love with Pumpkin Spice Lattes (w/ soy, if you must know), despite having hated them with fiery passion when I first tried them years ago. At home, my most recent coffee habit is my Nespresso Lattissima Plus. I never thought I’d go with one of these types of machine, but the espresso is good as is the frothed milk, and it’s cheaper than Starbucks (though not cheap, per se). I’ve been favoring Peppermint Mocha creamer of late, though I used to be a plain flavor person. I do not care for buttery flavored coffees/teas, which limits many caramel varieties. Funny that my scent preferences mirror this – though butter up baked goods and bread all you want!
6. Do you cook? Would kitchen accessories make you happy?
I read Coldie’s comment about wooden kitchen items with something occult or witchy – or something otherwise enticing- burned into it, and I thought, “do want!” So, yes! J (Though to be clear, it doesn’t have to be that specific thing!)
7. How do people feel about creative endeavours? Would you like to receive one? Or supplies to make your own? What do you like? Drawings, stories, poems?
Yes, please!! Keep in mind that if it’s going to sit out in my home, I prefer cool to warm colors and do not really get down with country style décor. Other than that, the sky is the limit!
8. What culture or country (doesn’t have to be modern) do you feel an innate connection with? What about it makes it special to you?
I think this will sound weird, but here goes. Since I started working at the VA (with vets with PTSD), I’ve become quite interested in military culture. Although I never imagined this for my career, I fell in love with helping these folks who risked their lives for mine. I hate war, and still do after seeing the consequences – both emotional and physical – every day, but I LOVELOVELOVE our troops. I want to find something that is neither cheesy nor cliché to put in my office to reflect this, but I haven’t seen it yet.
Also, there’s something about “two spirits” in Indian culture that I always mean to learn more about. I’ve somehow ended up leading advocacy for transgender vets where I work, and I think learning more about that particular culture would be cool.
9. Is there any sort of art commission you would like: cartoony, pin-up, fantasy, realistic, etc? If so, what subject would you like drawn (a picture of you, a character, a loved one or pet)?
I have had the good fortune to commission (via swap) several pieces of art from amazing and talented forumites. I love every single one. I have often picked BPAL label, website, or otherwise related symbols or scenes. I am never disappointed in the result!
10. What do you find yourself doing for fun in your free time? What are your main hobbies and interests?
I usually “read” (listen to audiobooks), cuddle while watching tv/movies with the boy, overly research every single thing on the interwebs, or do things like organize my BPAL. We recently bought an old hutch from CL with the intent of sanding/priming/painting it. That’ll be the first remotely creative thing I’ve done in a long time (and I’ve never done anything of this kind). I also recently purchased embroidery thread with the intent of making friendship bracelets like I did in high school.
I always have a candle burning or essential oil warming in soy wax flakes, and need a lot of time to myself to balance out the intensity of working with trauma each day. So, making my space at home uncluttered, calm, and serene is a big hobby.
11. Table-top gaming? If yes, what kind, edition, etc? Gaming accessories you long for?
Haven't done that for years. Not sure why, or if I’d change it…?
12. DVD movies or games that you wish would magically appear in your hands? Can they be used, through Amazon?
We got rid of almost all physical media some years back. We only kept fave TV complete series or a few movies (like the ones listed on my initial ?aire. I am not opposed to used things, but I’m also not sure obtaining physical media is a top priority to me.
13. What kind of snacks or candy from other countries/states would you like to try?
I am very uninformed about this, though I am sure there are MANY. I got some candy bar from an Australian forumite once and LOVED it, ….and now, of course, I have NO idea what it was!
14. Do you have a favorite internet meme, character or pop culture fandom?
I love Nightmare Before Christmas items in some iterations. We have a few “Halloween” serving pieces for parties that are “whenever” for us. J I have a few Harvey’s Seatbelt bags (HOW has my love for these not come up before?!) in various prints (NOT the pastel-y one) to illustrate this, too.
I LOVED tokidoki x LeSportSac when it was released, especially the devil character, but I did not use leather at the time, and LSS did (on stupid, tiny trim). I’ve recently gotten a few of the little “tokidoko unicorno” figurines – the camo print one and Sakura – but there’s a new series out now and the metallic one is so cute! (I’m not a big figurine collector, but I thought my guys (vets I treat) would love a little toy unicorn in camo. J
15. Do you have a Facebook profile (or other social media) that you are comfortable linking to aid your witch in stalking? Please note whether you are willing to add BPALers as friends.
I filled out the spreadsheet in someone’s sig – maybe TwilightEyes? I have some of these, but don’t use them much. Created a Facebook profile because my SIL begged me, but used pets’ names at the time. It’s Loki Mokka.
16. Anybody interested in something from RCCC, whether it's con-exclusive merch or from a particularexhibitor or artist?
I’m guessing I would be, but I’m totally ignorant about this. J
17. How important to you is regular contact / chatter with your witch?
I love hearing from my witch – but also totally understand that people are busy and that SOME people have a hard time with it.
18. Do you like puzzles/riddles/treasure hunts and that sort of thing?
Sounds really fun, but I might feel stupid if I couldn’t figure it out…?
19. If you were to receive music, would you want a physical CD or digital versions?
Digital preferred, but no music goes unappreciated with exceptions noted in initial ?aire.
20. What’s a current problem/annoyance you have that could be remedied but you haven’t had time to address it?
Stoopid management @ work? Federal bureaucracy?
For me personally, motivating myself to keep up the house the way I want it is hard. Getting myself to exercise when I REALLY need to – impossible – and then I feel bad…for years.
21. How do you feel about having some sort of trinket to carry around for good luck/wishes? i.e. a small figurine, symbol, card, coin…
22. Are you superstitious about anything? Any things you can't have in your house for that reason--bad associations?
No, I guess not, now that I think about it.
23. For the vegetarians and vegans: How do you feel about things (say, marshmallows or gummy candy) made with vegan gelatin or other typically-animal-derived-but-not-in-this-instance products?
This won’t sound right of my pescetarian-self, but I turn a blind eye to this kind of thing – even when it’s not vegan. I used to be die-hard, but it was too much work/pressure for me.
24. Ok, so we've covered pumpkin. How do you feel about the other fall classic – apples?
I love apples, but my husband LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVES apples. No apple left behind over here!
25. Do you have any fabric or skin-contact aversions?
Nope! I hate to have dry skin, but once I moisturize, I don’t have any skin issues!
26. How do you feel about Christmas/Yule ornaments?
I copied Twilight Eyes here because her answer made me smile: I would love NMBC, unicorn, gargoyle, pibble, or equine type ornaments. I have a blue/purple/silver theme.
27. How do you feel about Hello Kitty, and Hello Kitty accessories (including mugs, cups, etc)?
I like HK if she’s paired with devil horns or other ironic things at times. I wouldn’t cry without HK.
28. If you had a week free where you could learn anything, with no financial restrictions, what would you want to study?
Put me on an island with some amazing personal trainer who would force me to get off my butt and learn motivation! Dolvett Quince? (lol)
29. Do you enjoy poetry? Who are your favorite poets and what type of subject matter do you like?
I think I like the idea of poetry more than reading it – though I’ve not read any since college. So, maybe I don’t know if I like it or haven’t read something I’d actually choose?
30. Would you enjoy receiving something related to a favorite Disney character?
Nightmare Before Christmas!
31. How do you feel about cute things as decorations or accessories? (Example: Would you enjoy this stationery - or do you prefer elegant/creepy/neutral stuff?)
I probably wouldn’t use stationery. I tend to type. I do like décor, though I’m more a minimalist/curator than a collector of ALLTEHTHINGS. I like creepy/gothic – like a haunted castle, not like the $1 Halloween store creepy (though this kind of stuff can be fun in its own right, I decorate year round with the former, and wouldn’t with the latter). J
32. What is something you'd really like to recieve from your witch? Please be as specific as possible - no, "Oh whatever she thinks is fine!"
I would love something that either my Witch made or had a really good story behind why s/he got it. I love the idea of a small totem/token to carry, hang from my windshield, put it on my care or in my purse, or digital image for my phone – basically something I’ll have around for a while that always reminds me of this fun Witchery!
33. Go to your music source of choice - on random or shuffle setting if possible - & share with us the 10 most recent songs/artists.
I do lists of shuffles of any/all of the stuff from these folks:
Dead Can Dance
Red House Painters
Black Tape for a Blue Girl
The Cure (love the album “mixed up” most)
And when I just need to:
Melissa Ferrick (Drive – sexiest song I’ve ever heard)
34. Tarot cards, rune stones and/or other divination tools yay or nay?
35. Do you have a Celeb crush? or someone who you just can't get enough of....other than your SO
My TV boyfriend is Shemar Moore from “Criminal Minds” – the character more than the actor. Ally Sheedy’s character in “High Art” is my movie girlfriend – minus the drugs. Also, I wouldn’t turn away Dean from “Supernatural” or Spike from “Buffy” or “Angel” – come on, they save the world all the time!
36. Glitter? are you okay with it, or hate it like the plague?
37. If there was another time period other than now that described your style/aesthetics, what would it be?
Gothic castles outfitted in timeworn woods, melting ivory candles on big black iron candlesticks, big beds with fluffy covers, and surrounded by mountains covered in creepy trees surrounded by some form of water – that’s my place. J
38. If you had to pick one or two quotes to live by, what would it be and why?
I wish it weren’t still true, but a line from an Ani DiFranco song has always stuck with me: “smile pretty and watch your back.” I also like Gandhi’s “be the change you wish to see in the world.”
39. Do you prefer physical books? CD books? eBooks? If eBooks do you have preferred format, kindle/nook/kobo/PDF/ePub/ect? eAudio?
I’ve been digging audiobooks for a few years now. It makes getting to and from work less icky! I’d like to try more eBooks. I have a MacBook, iPhone, and iPad. J
40. Smut! Yes or no? If yes, what kink, er, kind?
I have never ventured into this, but would like to. Teach me? J
41. Ebooks! Yes or no?
Yes, prefer the ones for my Apple fangirl-hood.
42. If you were to get a custom bottle from House of Gloi made for you what notes would create your perfect blend?
Huh – good question! I don’t know their stuff well, but the notes I put on the original SW ?aire…?
43. If your witch were to take a photograph (or paint or whatever) of something just for you, what would it be? Landscape? Flower? Critter? Something to illustrate a favorite quote?
Landscapes of water, mountains, towering trees – no people; OR people doing unexpected kind acts; OR horses (not saddled)/ironwork/old buildings/ my Witch’s own creative idea?
44. What is your favorite Halloween animal or other symbol/decoration?
Another copy from TE – we share taste: Bats, ravens, gargoyles, skulls...
45. Makeup, especially of the indie variety. Nail polish, nail wraps, eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss, etc. Y/N? Specific preferences (color, finish, product, brand, etc.)?
I’ve kind of over-collected. I most prefer Urban Decay and Too Faced. I probably don’t need much more.
46. How do you feel about profanity and off-color humor?
Love freedom of expression!
47. I make hairsticks...would you like/use them?
Yes, but right now my hair is in a shorter bob, so it’d be a wait until it grows back out kind of thing!
48. Does anyone here LARP? If so, what kind of LARP? And what kind of character do you play?
49. Would you completely freak out if I sent you a chocolate covered scorpion or some other food oddity? This includes things like 'bacon powder' from thinkgeek.com.
These are probably better saved for someone else.
50. This has kind of been covered, but, are you ok with receiving canned jam (from a veteran jammer!) and if so, what flavors would you like and not like?
Sure – though my jam experience is about as deep as grape and strawberry. I’m probably not a super-creative jam person.
51. Nail polish! Meaganola kinda covered this above, but I want to ask a little more in depth. Let's talk nail polish. What colors do you love? Hate? Which brands are you dying to try? Have you ever used indies? Do you like glitter? Any textures to avoid (glitter, sand, etc)?
I used to be a big toe polish person, and actually bought the special light thing and several bottles of shellac to combat the fact that fingernail polish chips on my first day no matter who does it or what brand. (I have ridged nails that flip out at edges…just not good.) The shellac worked, but I’ve done it ONCE in three years. LOL
52. I make little monster plushes, from felt and yarn and buttons. How do you feel about getting a special Halloween plushie?
While I’ve been on a big decluttering spree lately and feeling guilty wanting to get rid of nice plushie gifts (from beloved jellycat – UK retailer), I’ve ALWAYS coveted the Post’s biggercritters and ALWAYS miss them. This sounds fun! J
53. I'm in Japan, anything specific you might want from the land of the rising sun?
Probably! But, teach me? (In other words, I’m uninformed.)
54. Are there any GC scents that you know you love, but for whatever reason, keep putting off buying bottles of?
I need to update this list for myself, too! How about I do so and post to the thread and/or this blog when I have?
55. I know not everyone likes Lush products, but if you do, which Lush items would you like to get from your Witch?
I use Dream Cream lovingly. J For my face, I like Celestial, Full of Grace serum, and Skin Drink. I loved Sonic Death Monkey and the Blue Skies gel variations they used to release once a year, but they’re no more. L Olive Branch is nice. Their soaps dry me out, but I like Buffy TBS and seem to enjoy some of their shampoos and conditioners (Veganese, the beer shampoo, American Cream come to mind). Don’t get to take baths much, unfortunately. Also, if Blue Skies or French Kiss were ever made into perfume instead of all that pink candy and honey stuff, both my husband and I would bathe in the former, and I love the scent of the latter.
56. Is there anywhere (in the US) that you are dying to get away to? Also when would you be able to get away. Would this even be something you were interested in? If so, go look at the Southwest sale for routes and dates and times.
Wow! This is an unexpected question! I’ve wanted to go to Maine my entire life. My Mom always wanted to visit Bar Harbor, but never did…and she passed away when I was 18. I need to go for her. I have no idea when that would be, though. Seems like fall might be nice.
57. If you are ok with receiving t-shirts, what size are you, do you prefer tissue tees, normal crew tees, babydoll etc?
While I am interested, most Ts I like aren’t made in my size. I’d order eleventy billion from the Post if I could. L I wear an 18/20 from Lane Bryant if the style runs looser, or 22/24 top if not. I’m used to losing out in this arena. I tried a larger crew (men’s style) from the Post, but it was too baggy where I have shape and just made me look even bigger. I do better with knits that flow rather than act boxy.
58. THINKGEEK! Who loves it - do you have a wishlist on there?? What are some things you are jonesing for on there for under $20?
Did I mention that tokidoki unicornos are adorable? They also once had this butterfly (fake, obviously) or firefly light thing in a jar that I liked.
58b (adding this because apparently some ?aires don't have this one and my numbers don't match others, and I'm obsessisve about matching). Ok, is my witchee as obsessed with sock dreams as I am?
See my answer to #57. My legs and Sock Dreams sizes don’t match in so far as I’d love the thigh high warm socks for winter, but… L However, I did once get a pair of super soft normal height socks WITHOUT the dreaded tight ankle piece (they stood up enough on their own without falling down in a puddle) and I love them!
59. Zombies, yes or no?
Probably not? However, I'm never watched the famed tv show. Maybe it would persuade me...? Meh.
60. Would you like arm warmers/fingerless gloves? If so, what length? just beyond the wrist, almost to the elbow, full sleeves?
They're so fun! Up to elbow, maybe?
61. Do you feel a particular affinity for a specific animal/s?
Real ones: horses with long flowing manes (or really, any mane), wild-looking "domestic" cats like Maine Coons, Savannahs, elephants are cool - basically, I love animals. Fantasy: unicorns - but more the "realistic looking" ones than overtly cartoony
62. Anyone have any Paintbox Soapworks loves?
Never tried, but have been curious!
63. How would you feel if your witch or a minion of your witch showed up in person at your house with goodies? Thrilled? Annoyed? Completely creeped out?
Fun! I always wish I knew people in real life as cool as BPALers...seems I have a hard time meeting folks with similar interests as mine at work, where I am much of the time! Plus, if my Witch sent a real person, I'd know they had to be in the BPAL mafia to finagle something that intricate.
64. Do you have a ravelry account? Tell me about your yarn obsessions.
No - I've seen some really cool yarn, but the only thing I'd know to do with it is give it to the cats, or fantasize that I knew someone who knew how to make it into something other than a bunch of really cool yarn.
65. Knitted items like scarves, shawls, dishclothes....yay or nay? Favorite fibers? Favorite colors?
Yes, please! Anything anyone creates artistically sounds awesome! I envy that others can do that! Hmmm...I haven't really used a shawl, per se, but I'd be willing to try one. Things for kitchen - yes! I like black/blue/gray/white (including patterns of these colors) the most (Witch, are you tired of reading that yet?) - BUT, I also enjoy some other jewel tones at times, like purples, emeralds, reds.
66. This wont apply to most of you, but I'm having a hard time contacting my witchee. If you were to receive handmade caramels, would it matter if they were made with raw cream (unpasteurized)?
Interesting! I wouldn't have really known the difference, but now that I do, I'm curious! Bring on the raw!
67. I know we already had a question about needed kitchen accessories, but what about spices?
I like spice. Bring it! We recently discovered vanilla paste for cooking instead of vanilla extract. We got madagascan vanilla, so it adds this smokiness to the food. I'd be interested to try a non-smoky vanilla paste or bean now. That said, I'd be open to any spice my Witch thought was fitting!
67b. Is your Amazon WL up-to-date?
Probably not. I mean, I don't think there's anything there I wouldn't like, but I haven't checked it out in a long time!
68. I have reason to believe my witchee may enjoy getting some good quality incense - not the kind that is synthetic perfume sprayed onto blanks, or blanks dipped into perfume, but the real deal made with herbs and resins and what not. I have much of this real deal incense, in all forms - loose, rolled sticks, cones, etc. Some from Japan, India, Tibet, made in America with various occult underpinnings.......Would you enjoy getting a sampling of quality incense taken from various sources? Are there types of incense you know you don't like? Would you want a burner for loose incense and a few charcoals to get you started with that, or would you rather stick to simpler types?
Interesting question! I used to use incense in college. I bought a lot of Fred Soll upon joining the forum years back, but we never burned much. I don't know why. Several months ago, I spent a LOT of time reading about the charcoal/loose incense thing and watching youtube videos about it, and then never did anything. I guess that means I'm interested but uninformed?
Changing my numbering now to match my person's list that I copied! I think my two questions I labelled B are actually just in a different order than hers.
71. Would you like handmade stationary or cards? How about a quill pen?
This *sounds* really cool, but I'm not really a pen and paper gal anymore (which may be sad?).
72. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "gimme that ghost pepper!" and 1 being "oh, that's a bit too much black pepper for me" Where is your heat tolerance?
Interesting question....I think I'm probably around 5.
73. What is your favorite type of Halloween candy?
Pumpkin flavored Hershey's kisses for the win! I just tried these for the first time last year. In terms of more traditional Halloween candy, I do like candy corn, though I rarely actually buy it. I love chocolate, but don't really love lots of added nuts except for things like Snickers, or almonds. I'm not huge on mallow/creme filled items, but I do love Peeps!
74. Do you need or want any cosy footwear, like fluffy slippers, or slipper socks etc?
I love cozy socks and slipper socks. I just have to cater to not buying particular tight ankles, because I don't like that.
75. What do you most look forward to each Fall?
I love cool to cold weather, so that! The colors are beautiful in places where fall happens. In Portland, it just rains. I love snuggling under blankets, fires (inside or out), and hot drinks.
76. What gadgets do you use in your everyday life and would you like a cool case for them - with your favourite fandom or artwork or saying?
I *just* got an iPhone 6+ after epic battles with Verizon, and I use my 15" MacBook Pro daily. I love cases, and would certainly not scoff at a cool one!
77. Are there any beauty accessories you need or would like? For example make-up brushes, facial brushes or eyelash curlers.
I do not need anything here, as I am covered. However, if my witch loves something and really wanted to share it, I would not mind.
78. Would you be disappointed to get one big box, or would you prefer a bunch of little ones? And would you be disappointed if your witch actually had it together early and sent it to you sooner than later?
I can answer this one easily! I'm flexible! I think lots of little treats can be fun, but I also think a big box can be like my own little hallo-christmas!
79. Stores are putting out their halloween PJs and undies! Would you be happy to get any in a package? And if so, what size? For PJ pants, do you like cotton or flannel?
I love these things, but again, sizing is important for me (unfortunately, I guess). I typically go with 3x now in big box stores, 2x (on top sometimes)/ otherwise3x @ Old Navy Plus, or 22/24 in Lane Bryant
80. Do you like M&Ms?
Yes! I love regular, peanut, mint, pumpkin - haven't tried some of the more unusual flavors, though!
81. How about wax melts?
I have quit this habit. I get a little OCD with collections, and this is one I nixed...(though I still see shops I never bought from and get curious). I tend to use soy wax flakes and essential oils (or BPAL) if I am not using candles.
82. Would you like a subscription for Spotify?
Spotify rocks! I have the free one, but upgraded would be awesome!
83. What scents from the Lillith update would you like to try?
I haven't looked - am I fired from being a BPALer? Will have to check!
84. Would you be interested in receiving a box of sugar cube skulls?
That's one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I wonder if I'd be able to use it or just stare at it?! (This is obviously a first world problem!) Cute!
85. Skin care routine? Fave cleanser? Toner? Moisturizer? What about body lotions? Any particular brand or scent? Lip balms? Yay or nay?
My face is crazy picky about products, unlike the rest of my body. I typically use one of the LUSH cleansers like Angels on Bare Skin (or the Christmas analogue), or recently Ive tried Philosophy Purity Made Simple - no conclusion yet. Toner - been using either LUSH's Breath of Fresh Air or Eau Roma. Moisturizer - LUSH Celestial or Skin Drink only (from LUSH), and recently trying Philosophy Hope in a Jar for Dry Skin. OH! I *must* use a serum - LUSH Full of Grace has been great, and I'm recently trying Philosophy something in a blue bottle.
86. If you happen to be my witchee, would you be interested in any of the items in my etsy shop? You can favorite them on etsy or mention the specifics in your blog https://www.etsy.com...f=hdr_shop_menu
Nice stuff!! I tend not to use hats, and even though I like scarves, they tend to sit unused much of the time. I wish I used them more, because I've got some very pretty ones! I do sometimes use the big square scarves people use all day long (I so don't know the name of these), but the ones for warmth are left behind - maybe because I'm so hot-natured?
87. Is there anything you would like from Salem MA (mugs, keychains, postcards, etc.or witchy supplies like incense, candles, books)?
I like this kind of stuff in general (except keychains - I use one from the Post so I'm covered), but I don't know what to name specifically from there. So, yes?
88. Spiders (as in cute knit kind) yes or no?
Huh...wouldn't have thought of this, but sure! I bet my kittehs would claim!
89. Pillows (the mostly decorative type)?
I like these. Caveat: they need to be washable, and/or the case needs to be washable with an insert that can have an allergy cover. (I have dust mite allergies and bedding/pillows much be washed somewhat regularly.)
90. Any kind of bags - big, small, medium, purse, grocery, etc?
I've got a bag problem. So, yes, I love them. I don't *need* bags, but I have a hard time turning them away. I don't have many soft cotton or canvas bags for when I don't want to carry my (normal) heavier Seatbelt bag purse.
91. Is there anything special coming up in your life?
Well, our anniversary is 11/24. We were married in 2008, though we'd been together 4.5 years, and lived together 4 years at that point. We also consider 5/23/03 our anniversary (when we began dating), so we have two!
11/17 was when my Mom passed away (in 1993 when I was 18). My husband's birthday is also that day. (What are the odds?) So, it's always a bittersweet day, but one that is special.
92. Which one scent would you want from each of the following updates: Metamorphosis, Lilith and GC?
Yikes - I SO need to catch up on all the BPAL new additions. I don't know!? Will do this weekend and update here or on my w/l (linked in sig) and make a post that I did so. Have now discussed Lilith in #105ish below.
93. Are you interested in anything from NYCC?
Yes - same as # 92. also in some question down below now
94. Would something from the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. postcards, fans) possibly interest you?
I don't know anything about this, so I can neither confirm nor deny.
Huh. These are cute. I may not have immediately gravitated toward them, but I can imagine being intrigued by them on someone else. From the Halloween Collection, I like the Lady Skull keychain, Jack Skellington sweater clip (never had a sweater clip!?), Ouija Board necklace, and think pretty much all of the bracelets are rad.
96. If you imbibe at all ... preference between: wine/beer/cocktails and then glassware and/or bar-ware? cocktail gadgetry? Books on the subject/recipes? would you want sample bottles of local/regional/small batch craft spirits if they were home decanted and labeled?
No to beer, sometimes to wine, and I prefer liquor - typically vodka with a sweet mixture like Diet Ginger Ale + grenadine. I don't drink often, and I don't drink more than two drinks per episode unless the moon is out of whack or something. If my Witch finds glassware they love, I'm open to it, though it's not something I would have immediately thought of. I am open to small batch spirits with the understanding that maybe I'll find something I love - though it will likely not be beer (anything is possible!).
97. Would you like some chai, lemon, rose water or other flavored sugar cubes?
Never had such a thing! Sounds fun! I think lemon would be good - though so might the others?
98. Jamberry nail wraps?
While I think painted nails are awesome, I literally haven't painted mine in 2-3 years. This would likely go unused on me. I've been trying to get myself to use the shellac kit I bought. I have an awesome dark shiny blue I want to try!
99. If you had to choose one currently available book (used-but-obtainable counts if you do used) costing $20 or under for your Witch to buy for you, what would it be?
I've been pretty good with audiobooks lately, but until I picked up with them a few years ago, I hadn't read for fun since beginning of grad school (2000). Grad school reading killed hobby reading. Since I've been out, haven't gotten back in the groove. SO, I might really like this, but I have no idea what...sorry that's not helpful. :\
100. Are there five things under $25 at Birchbox you would like?
*Bodum Bistro S&P grinder ~ white
*Sabre Paris Serving Spork ~ lapis blue
*Askinosie Chocolate Natural Cocoa Powder
*Pink Pewter Sheridan Headband
*Sarahpotempa Darby Hair Clips (set of 4)
101. Do you want anything from the Fatherhood update at the Post?
Yes - same as #92 down below now!
102. Street art! Into it? Not into it? Meh?
I've seen some Banksy that looked intriguing. I'm not overly aware of this, but I think some is compelling.
103. If you could only pick one note that you love (e.g. Vanilla, Orange, Lavender, Rose) & you could oYes! nly wear/have perfume, etc in that note, what would it be?
Probably vanilla - but not boozy/buttery vanilla.
I have been loosely following Girasol's master question list, so I'm wingin' it here.
I have now edited my "additional info" into girasol's numbering structure. Because of the OCD.
104. What are you interested in from the NYCC exclusive list?
I am thankful to have an NYCC fairy. I think I'm most excited for the red apple hair gloss, which I did order. I'm curious about the green apple one, though, which I didn't order, so I wouldn't hate to try that one.
105. Most anticipated 'Weenie blends?
I ordered some Weenie and Lilith decants, but forgot to ask for a decant of the Knitting one. Also, I know I'll be buying (at least one of each) bottle of Pumpkin Spice Everything and Bonfire single notes, but haven't bought any as of yet.
In terms of the Post Fatherhood update, here's what I wrote in my post on the SW thread just to keep it all in one place:
I'm not a huge foodie-scent person, but some of these sound very intriguing based on the other notes. I'd be interested to try (decants/partial decants):
A Stroll Through the Quarter
Morning in New Orleans
possibly Pralines and Powdered Sugar
but I'm pretty sure I need a bottle (or decant, really would just love to try it!) of A Moment in Time.
106. Caffeine or no? And is this a health or preference?
Love coffee and tea! Try to limit myself to two total - typically a cup of coffee in the morning (sometimes with multiple espresso shots), and maybe a cuppa later. I have recently succumbed to acknowledging decaf coffee has a place in the world, which makes me aware I am aging (since I scoffed at it when younger). I never touch 'energy' drinks (this was added after copying from girasol and realizing this may be helpful).
107. Are you interested in anything from the MAC Rocky Horror or the e.l.f. Disney Princess make up collections?
Probably not. I've been down the roads of all the cosmetics companies, and for reasons of either animal testing status, interaction with my skin, or some other random reason, I've ended up sticking with the ones I mentioned in my ?aire. (Though I do love RH and the Disney villains in general. )
108. I pass this shop every day, If you were my witchee would you like a custom chocolate bar? What would you choose? Plain, white or milk and with what?
Yes, please, to chocolate! I like dark or white (and will eat milk - especially in classic candy bars), so I'm easy in that regard. I am pickier about fillings, as I probably gravitate toward "less is more" in that regard. I'd say that the following would work for me:
fruit: raisins, banana, apple
nuts: almonds, praline, hazelnuts
spice: any except licorice
Adding: saw someone mention they prefer crunchy to squishy - this is true for me! Also, combinations of spice with crunch sounds nom, too!
109. Would you like to try chocolate covered Turkish Delight or flower flavoured things (Rose and Violet chocolates)?
This would probably not be my first choice.
MY WITCH'S SPECIFIC QUESTIONS:
1) I see that you might like to try something from Paintbox, but you also don't like bar soap that much. Anything specific that you'd like?
I like the idea of soaps, but they all seem to dry me out. If Paintbox soaps were moisturizing enough, I could like them. How helpful is that? (Sorry!) I think lotions/creams, scrubs, and possibly shaving soaps could be interesting! I just ran out of my shaving stuff (or, have one or two uses left).
2) I was checking out the Tokidoki Unicornos and I noticed that they are sold randomly. Are you cool with the random selection or are you waiting for Metallo specifically?
Random is fun!
3) Would you like essential oils, or is that something you prefer to choose yourself? Any on your wishlist? Favorite brand?
Yes! I've been mostly buying NOW brand from Amazon, generally due to their being inexpensive. I have a few Aura Cacia that I started with. I don't feel particularly committed to any brand, and would be happy to be introduced to one I haven't tried yet. I don't think I've gotten and frankincense yet, or myrrh - both of which I enjoy. I have the NOW mint, but am curious to try a different one - either different brand or type of mint (possibly wintergreen or...?).