1. I wonder what a potential witchee would think about being bombarded with PUMPKINS in various formats. Because my current obsession just may last long enough to be of use in spoiling.....but I know wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. Would you appreciate it?!? I like pumpkin stuff! As for food though, please don't send too much, the hubby and I are trying to watch our eating. We would love small amounts of things though. I am one of those BPAL-ers that can't do much with BPAL's pumpkin note though (the fake buttery popcorn problem). However, I have had very good luck with Blue Pumpkin Floss (the prototype V3) and BPTP Marshmallow Pumpkin
2. I currently have a CSA and my significant other is perpetually out of town for work, so I've been doing a lot of canning and baking with my vegetables. How do people feel about canned good (pickles, salsa, etc) and vegetal baked goods (squash bread, zucchini bread). Not so much with pickled goods/breads, but I'd love some sugar free jams.
3. Trading Post wants?
Implacable Beautiful Tyrant Hair Gloss! I tried a decant of it a while back and fell HARD for the scent. I haven't gotten a full size bottle yet! I'd also love to try decants/samples of other hair gloss scents, like Fig and White Sandalwood, Coconut, Vanilla Bean and Tiare, and Amber and Patchouli.
4. What direct sellers do you not like and would prefer not to get things from? And also feel free to list any retail brands you really don't like.
Avon. I do like Mary Kay's skincare though.
5. How about y'alls coffee and tea preferences?
I'm a medium roast kind of girl, though I do really like Starbucks blonde roast. Whole bean please! Since working at Sbux a few years ago I prefer grinding my own coffee
I love all kinds of tea but especially fruity ones. my favorites are Earl Grey (esp the starbucks one, since it has lavender buds in it!) Tazo Passion (hot!) and really any brand of Raspberry black teas.
6. Do you cook? Would kitchen accessories make you happy? I would adore a mandoline slicer or lemon zester grater.
7. How do people feel about creative endeavours? Would you like to receive one? Or supplies to make your own? What do you like? Drawings, stories, poems? I would love supplies/kits for crafting things! I really love embroidery/cross stitch, knitting and crocheting
8. What culture or country (doesn’t have to be modern) do you feel an innate connection with? What about it makes it special to you? Japan. I want to live there. if I wasn't tied down right now I would seriously consider moving there to teach english or something. I love their food, culture, religions, social customs, art/anime etc. I wouldn't even know where to start if you asked me what my favorite things are, just assume I love everything!
9. Is there any sort of art commission you would like: cartoony, pin-up, fantasy, realistic, etc? If so, what subject would you like drawn (a picture of you, a character, a loved one or pet)? I guess not, thank you though
10. What do you find yourself doing for fun in your free time? What are your main hobbies and interests? Knitting tons, watching anime, cooking/baking, reading, sometimes writing, going for walks.
11. Table-top gaming? If yes, what kind, edition, etc? Gaming accessories you long for? My husband and I play Dungeons and Dragons. We would LOVE some RPG goblin squirts of atmo sprays. We already have Exotic Bazaar, but we need others!
12. DVD movies or games that you wish would magically appear in your hands? Can they be used, through Amazon? I've always wanted a DVD of Bjork's movie Dancer in the Dark.
13. What kind of snacks or candy from other countries/states would you like to try? EVERYTHING FROM JAPAN. I love seaweed snacks, rice crackers (esp. seaweed flavored and rice cracker peanuts) ANYTHING Lychee (seriously, I'm obsessed with lychee). One of my favorite Japanese candies are those Choco gummies, the fruit gummies covered in chocolate. Also, anything Japanese that is apple or peach flavored. (I have a Japanese food weakness!)
14. Do you have a favorite internet meme, character or pop culture fandom? not really. Fandom stuff really turns me off. I have friends that are so obsessed with Dr. Who that it has completely turned me off from ever watching it. To me it is not unique anymore when there are rabid fans that spend thousands of dollars they can't afford on a show's related paraphernalia, must quote Dr. Who daily, regardless if anyone around them gets the reference, and refuse to watch anything else. I'm sorry to those on here that are fans, I just hate those that get so obsessed with things that it interferes with normal life. For instance, I really loved watching Battlestar Gallactica, but I don't feel the need to plaster its logo all over me and quote it constantly. /rant
15. Do you have a Facebook profile (or other social media) that you are comfortable linking to aid your witch in stalking? Please note whether you are willing to add BPALers as friends. Yes and yes! Rachel Joslyn MacGregor.
That's okay, I'm more into Slave Labor Graphics type comics (dark, like Lenore, Nightmares and Fairytales, etc)
17. How important to you is regular contact / chatter with your witch? I'd like at least some contact. One time I got absolutely NO contact and it depressed me because I assumed I was going to get shafted. Once every two weeks or so, I think. That's what I do as a witch.
18. Do you like puzzles/riddles/treasure hunts and that sort of thing? Sure!
19. If you were to receive music, would you want a physical CD or digital versions? I'd love some. Digital would be easier I suppose, but either is fine
20. What’s a current problem/annoyance you have that could be remedied but you haven’t had time to address it? cleaning/ironing
21. How do you feel about having some sort of trinket to carry around for good luck/wishes? i.e. a small figurine, symbol, card, coin… I'd love that!! Good luck, home blessing, wishes - that would be so cool
22. Are you superstitious about anything? Any things you can't have in your house for that reason--bad associations?
23. For the vegetarians and vegans: How do you feel about things (say, marshmallows or gummy candy) made with vegan gelatin or other typically-animal-derived-but-not-in-this-instance products? not vegetarian.
24. Ok, so we've covered pumpkin. How do you feel about the other fall classic – apples? APPLE IS MY LIFE (drama). But no, really. Apple is my #1 favorite flavor of anything. Closely followed by peach and lychee.
25. Do you have any fabric or skin-contact aversions? I'm allergic to angora (lol not that I was expecting any!)
26. How do you feel about Christmas/Yule ornaments? Sure! We don't have many.
27. How do you feel about Hello Kitty, and Hello Kitty accessories (including mugs, cups, etc)? Yes!!! I like Hello Kitty but I love Choco Cat more. Also Keroppi, Little Twin Stars, Badtz Maru...
28. If you had a week free where you could learn anything, with no financial restrictions, what would you want to study? Japanese. Maybe sock knitting.
29. Do you enjoy poetry? Who are your favorite poets and what type of subject matter do you like? I adore confessional poetry. Sylvia Plath, Pablo Neruda, Anne Sexton... I also really like writing poetry but I don't usually have the urge to do it much anymore.
30. Would you enjoy receiving something related to a favorite Disney character? Nah. I'm not really a Disney fan.
31. How do you feel about cute things as decorations or accessories? (Example: Would you enjoy this stationery - or do you prefer elegant/creepy/neutral stuff?) I like both!! I love Japanese kawaii kinds of stationery, pens, accessories and things. I'd love a new cute cover for my iphone 4 (yes, I still have a 4!)
32. What is something you'd really like to recieve from your witch? Please be as specific as possible - no, "Oh whatever she thinks is fine!" I am just going to come right out and say that I would adore some BPAL (and maybe some socks...)
33. Go to your music source of choice - on random or shuffle setting if possible - & share with us the 10 most recent songs/artists.
S.H.E. - IAMX <3
Jonathan - Fiona Apple
Travel - The Gathering
You Look So Fine - Garbage
Dark February - Rasputina
For You - H.I.M.
Sunspots - Nine Inch Nails
To Sheila - Smashing Pumpkins
Bloodsport - Sneaker Pimps
Liquid Diamonds - Tori Amos
34. Tarot cards, rune stones and/or other divination tools yay or nay?
Yes! All! I'd actually love a standard Rider-Waite deck.
35. Do you have a Celeb crush? or someone who you just can't get enough of....other than your SO
36. Glitter? are you okay with it, or hate it like the plague?
It's okay as long as it is subtle. I love fine glitter pigments to put over darker eyeshadows.
37. If there was another time period other than now that described your style/aesthetics, what would it be?
Victorian! Also, Art Nouveau/Edwardian
38. If you had to pick one or two quotes to live by, what would it be and why? not sure.
39. Do you prefer physical books? CD books? eBooks? If eBooks do you have preferred format, kindle/nook/kobo/PDF/ePub/ect? eAudio? I do prefer physical books but I don't mind e-books. I have a kindle app on my iphone (though I've been having trouble linking/syncing it to my amazon account lately)
40. Smut! Yes or no? If yes, what kink, er, kind? nah.
41. Ebooks! Yes or no? Sure!
42. If you were to get a custom bottle from House of Gloi made for you what notes would create your perfect blend? Rose, amber and clove with a touch of patchouli (They don't have amber though ) I basically just want to recreate Moonalisa's Selene the Dreaming Fairy Queen!
43. If your witch were to take a photograph (or paint or whatever) of something just for you, what would it be? Landscape? Flower? Critter? Something to illustrate a favorite quote? Hmm I'm not sure. Maybe some scenery from Oahu (where I had my honeymoon).
44. What is your favorite Halloween animal or other symbol/decoration? black cats and bats! (moreso the cats though)
45. Makeup, especially of the indie variety. Nail polish, nail wraps, eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss, etc. Y/N? Specific preferences (color, finish, product, brand, etc.)? Sure! I'd love to try stuff. I've never tried nail wraps before. I'm not the biggest nail polish person and I don't like lip gloss. I'm mostly into eyeshadows, neutral matte (or matte-ish) lip colors and I love lip balm.
46. How do you feel about profanity and off-color humor? It's okay to an extent, as long as it has a purpose. For instance, I hate Family Guy because of its cheap shock value, whereas South Park tends to be more satirical.
47. I make hairsticks...would you like/use them? Sure! I'd prefer shorter sticks (5")
48. Does anyone here LARP? If so, what kind of LARP? And what kind of character do you play? No.
49. Would you completely freak out if I sent you a chocolate covered scorpion or some other food oddity? This includes things like 'bacon powder' from thinkgeek.com. Yeah sorry. I am terrified of bugs.
50. This has kind of been covered, but, are you ok with receiving canned jam (from a veteran jammer!) and if so, what flavors would you like and not like? I would love some sugar free jam! Raspberry or strawberry would be great!
51. Let's talk nail polish. What colors do you love? Hate? Which brands are you dying to try? Have you ever used indies? Do you like glitter? Any textures to avoid (glitter, sand, etc)? I'm not REALLY into nail polish, though I like painting my toes once a month. I prefer dark rich colors. Glitter can work.
52. How do you feel about getting a special Halloween plushie? OMG I would love that... I don't know why but I always love getting stuffed animals lol.
53. I'm in Japan, anything specific you might want from the land of the rising sun? I would appreciate ANYTHING from Japan. Teas, snacks, incense, buddhas, paper art, kimono fabric, pens, pencils, stationery, phone cases (I have an iphone 4), omg anything cute or traditional really.
54. Are there any GC scents that you know you love, but for whatever reason, keep putting off buying bottles of? Eat Me, Imp, more Snake Oil!
55. I know not everyone likes Lush products, but if you do, which Lush items would you like to get from your Witch? I love LUSH. I love the Karma scent, Trichotillomania Shampoo, Dream Cream!
56. Is there anywhere (in the US) that you are dying to get away to? Also when would you be able to get away. Would this even be something you were interested in? If so, go look at the Southwest sale for routes and dates and times. I'd love to visit the Northwest coast, but won't have time for another year or so.
57. If you are ok with receiving t-shirts, what size are you, do you prefer tissue tees, normal crew tees, babydoll etc? Tissue tees, I love them. babydolls and crews never fit me right.
58. THINKGEEK! Who loves it - do you have a wishlist on there?? What are some things you are jonesing for on there for under $20? I think the only thing I'd really like on there is the Tree of Gondor shirt.
59. Zombies, yes or no? Sure! No t-shirts though.
60. Would you like arm warmers/fingerless gloves? If so, what length? just beyond the wrist, almost to the elbow, full sleeves? I'd love some plain black, grey or dark purple ones. I normally don't like wearing them because I've only had tighter ones, but some looser ones would be great!
61. Do you feel a particular affinity for a specific animal/s? My favorite animal is the cougar/mountain lion. I have a mountain lion TY beanie baby that I keep as a mascot on my desk
62. Anyone have any Paintbox Soapworks loves? I know I liked Indian Summer when I tried it. I'd love to try more scents!
63. How would you feel if your witch or a minion of your witch showed up in person at your house with goodies? Thrilled? Annoyed? Completely creeped out? Honestly, I'd probably freak out, sorry.
64. Do you have a ravelry account? Tell me about your yarn obsessions. I do!! I'm darkbird on there. I love knitting because it helps me with my anxiety but I also really love creating practical things. I'm currently making baby blankets but I'd love to learn how to make socks! I like 'homespun' looking yarns, I'd love to try different kinds. my favorite colors are usually jewel tones.
65. Sock Dreams, yay or nay? yes! I have a wishlist
66. Knitted items like scarves, shawls, dishclothes....yay or nay? Favorite fibers? Favorite colors?
I don't really like or use dishcloths. I have too many scarves, but I would LOVE a warm shawl that I can wear around the house. Nothing too fancy, something more practical. In a muted color like grey or dusty purple
67. Is your Amazon WL up-to-date? yes, but I'm always adding things...
68. If you were to receive handmade caramels, would it matter if they were made with raw cream (unpasteurized)? That would be awesome!
69. Would you enjoy getting a sampling of quality incense taken from various sources? Are there types of incense you know you don't like? Would you want a burner for loose incense and a few charcoals to get you started with that, or would you rather stick to simpler types? Sure I'd love to! I love nag champa and Japanese incenses. Stick incense though, I've tried charcoal and it is a bit too high maintenance for me.
70. I know we already had a question about needed kitchen accessories, but what about spices? Hmm, I'd love to try new quirky spice blends!
71. Would you like handmade stationary or cards? How about a quill pen? Sure! I don't know when I would use them though...
72. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "gimme that ghost pepper!" and 1 being "oh, that's a bit too much black pepper for me" Where is your heat tolerance? Not very high lol. Maybe a 2 or 3.
73. What is your favorite type of Halloween candy? I absolutely ADORE caramel apple flavored things and tootsie pops.
74. Do you need or want any cosy footwear, like fluffy slippers, or slipper socks etc? I would love some new cozy socks! Slipper socks would be cool too
75. What do you most look forward to each Fall? Picking apples, baking with apples, hanging out with friends, bonfires, hiking, wearing hoodies CONSTANTLY, being able to wear darker makeup, cozying up at night with a blankie and a nice hot drink (teas, cider and cocoa!), snuggling with kitties, wearing lots of BPAL, having an excuse to have a fall-scented candle ALWAYS burning
76. What gadgets do you use in your everyday life and would you like a cool case for them - with your favourite fandom or artwork or saying? I would actually love a knitted sleeve for my new macbook pro. it is 13". I am currently trying to knit one myself but I don't think I'll ever finish it due to the amount of new knitting projects I've been taking on!
77. Are there any beauty accessories you need or would like? For example make-up brushes, facial brushes or eyelash curlers. I would love a canister to hold my makeup brushes. i have so many and all i have to hold them is an old oatmeal box cut in half I could also use some decent eyelash curlers.
78. Would you be disappointed to get one big box, or would you prefer a bunch of little ones? And would you be disappointed if your witch actually had it together early and sent it to you sooner than later? I won't lie, I love a big box, but I won't be disappointed in whatever is easiest for my witch And it can be at any time!
79. Stores are putting out their halloween PJs and undies! Would you be happy to get any in a package? And if so, what size? For PJ pants, do you like cotton or flannel? I can never have enough PJ pants! I love them too big, so XL would be perfect I like both cotton and flannel, however I find that most flannel PJ's I've had run smaller and are more fitted (=LESS COMFY) than just cotton ones.
80. Do you like M&Ms? Eh, they're okay. I'm more of a fruity candy type person
81. How about wax melts? Yes please!! I also need tealights though.
82. Would you like a subscription for Spotify? That'd be awesome!
83. What scents from the Lillith update would you like to try?
84. Would you be interested in receiving a box of sugar cube skulls?
I'd be more interested in a real traditional sugar skull, actually.
85. Skin care routine? Fave cleanser? Toner? Moisturizer? What about body lotions? Any particular brand or scent? Lip balms? Yay or nay? I have sensitive skin, so my holy grail skin cleanser is Olay sensitive skin face wash. I am looking for a cruelty free alternative though (there's got to be one out there!). I also use cetaphil moisturizer (not the facial one, the thinner body lotion) at night and Olay sensitive skin sunscreen lotion during the day. I am TOTALLY open to trying alternatives!
86. If you happen to be my witchee, would you be interested in any of the items in my etsy shop? You can favorite them on etsy or mention the specifics in your blog https://www.etsy.com...f=hdr_shop_menu
Everything looks awesome but I already have too many scarves, hats, ipod socks, etc
88. Spiders (as in cute knit kind) yes or no? Sure
89. Pillows (the mostly decorative type)? No, thanks. Our cats would probably destroy them.
90. Any kind of bags - big, small, medium, purse, grocery, etc? I love tote bags! And we can always use reusable grocery bags too.
91. Is there anything special coming up in your life? Not really, except that I'm going to start teacher certification in the January (high school English).
92. Which one scent would you want from each of the following updates: Metamorphosis, Lilith and GC?
Metamorphosis: I'd like to try Little Metalmark, Question Mark and Red-Spotted Purple
GC: Eat Me! (been wanting a bottle for ages)
93. Are you interested in anything from NYCC? Yes!! Gas Lamp's Flare, the Green Apple or the Red Apple hair gloss
94. Would something from the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. postcards, fans) possibly interest you? postcards would be cool
96. If you imbibe at all ... preference between: wine/beer/cocktails and then glassware and/or bar-ware? cocktail gadgetry? Books on the subject/recipes? would you want sample bottles of local/regional/small batch craft spirits if they were home decanted and labeled? Probably not, I have to limit my alcohol intake because it can worsen my asthma.
97. Would you like some chai, lemon, rose water or other flavored sugar cubes? sure, that'd be cool!
98. Jamberry nail wraps? nah, that's okay. I'm not huge on nail polish.
99. If you had to choose one currently available book (used-but-obtainable counts if you do used) costing $20 or under for your Witch to buy for you, what would it be? The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (hardcover). I've been wanting to get it for a long time.
101. Do you want anything from the Fatherhood update at the Post?
I'd like to sniff Captain Lilith, but nothing else really appeals to me now.
102. Street art! Into it? Not into it? Meh? I guess it's cool?
103. If you could only pick one note that you love (e.g. Vanilla, Orange, Lavender, Rose) & you could only wear/have perfume, etc in that note, what would it be? This is hard. Probably pomegranate.
104. What are you interested in from the NYCC exclusive list? I answered this question above.
105. Most anticipated "Weenie blends? The White Witch, Sonnet d'Automne (need to restock!) and Autumn overlooked my Knitting. I am saving to buy all these in a few weeks, but I probably won't be able to buy Autumn Cider (which sounds amazing!)
106. Caffeine or no? And is this a health or preference? Sure! Both, actually. Caffeine helps with my asthma and is my 'go juice'
107. Are you interested in anything from the MAC Rocky Horror or the e.l.f. Disney Princess make up collections? Eh, no thanks. I have way too much makeup as it is.
108. I pass this shop every day, If you were my witchee would you like a custom chocolate bar? What would you choose? Plain, white or milk and with what? Ohh... milk chocolate with apple OR dark (55%) with lavender and earl grey YUM!
109. Would you like to try chocolate covered Turkish Delight or flower flavoured things (Rose and Violet chocolates)? Sure! No on the violet though, I had violet candies when I was a kid and got sick off them
110. For those of you who like Fantasy or play Dungeons and Dragons... would you be interested in a custom painted miniature? If so, what gender, race and class? Any preferences for a theme, color scheme, preferred weapons/armor, etc? Specific character description you would want me to try to hit?
My husband and I are good on character miniatures, but I know he would love some new monster figures. We are also looking to try some RPG atmo sprays (samples). We only have Exotic Bazaar at the moment.
111. Are there any local or national charities that are close to your heart that you know would appreciate a donation in your name? I like ASPCA.
112. I have two partial (Backup) bottles of some scents on your wishlist, Witchee. However, the labels aren't perfect, due to a tragic imp explosion. Would you still be ok with getting them? of course!!