1. I wonder what a potential witchee would think about being bombarded with PUMPKINS in various formats. Because my current obsession just may last long enough to be of use in spoiling.....but I know wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. Would you appreciate it?!?
Pumpkin baked goods are a yes, candles and smelly things are a yes, perfume is a no.
2. I currently have a CSA and my significant other is perpetually out of town for work, so I've been doing a lot of canning and baking with my vegetables. How do people feel about canned good (pickles, salsa, etc) and vegetal baked goods (squash bread, zucchini bread).
I pretty much love all homemade noms.
3. Trading Post wants?
In the wish list.
4. What direct sellers do you not like and would prefer not to get things from? And also feel free to list any retail brands you really don't like.
I tend to prefer smaller etsy sellers, but there is nothing that you could send that would horrify me.
5. How about y'alls coffee and tea preferences?
COFFEE! Coffee coffee coffee. Coffee. I prefer whole bean, and not flavored. Teas I'm less fond of drinking; if I were going to do a tea, I'd likely do a black tea or a fruit tea. I despite green tea. Despise.
6. Do you cook? Would kitchen accessories make you happy?
kitchen stuff is a win for me right now. I'm just getting ready to re-do my kitchen, so cool accessories, particularly in white, grey, yellow or aqua, would be awesome! I could use dish towels, some kind of large thing to put cook utensils in, a spoon rest and many other things I probably never knew that I wanted! I'm so excited that I made the commitment to redo the kitchen that I want to BUY ALL THE THINGS.
7. How do people feel about creative endeavours? Would you like to receive one? Or supplies to make your own? What do you like? Drawings, stories, poems?
I love creative things. Whatever my witch makes me, I'm sure I'd treasure.
8. What culture or country (doesn’t have to be modern) do you feel an innate connection with? What about it makes it special to you?
I've always had a fascination with norse culture. I don't know why it is so fascinating to me ... i like the pantheon, the idea of a funeral pyre, a water culture, strong women ...
9. Is there any sort of art commission you would like: cartoony, pin-up, fantasy, realistic, etc? If so, what subject would you like drawn (a picture of you, a character, a loved one or pet)?
I know this is a cop out, but seriously, whatever my witch wants. I will try and get it together to post some photos of my home so that you can get a sense of my style, but I really like art in all of its forms, so if you drew me something, I am sure that I would love it.
10. What do you find yourself doing for fun in your free time? What are your main hobbies and interests?
Reading and photography. And home renovation!
11. Table-top gaming? If yes, what kind, edition, etc? Gaming accessories you long for?
Nope, not for me.
12. DVD movies or games that you wish would magically appear in your hands? Can they be used, through Amazon?
They can be used, and I have some on my amazon.com wish list.
13. What kind of snacks or candy from other countries/states would you like to try?
Tim tams! I also like Daim bars a lot, and we can only get them at Ikea around here.
14. Do you have a favorite internet meme, character or pop culture fandom?
Grumpy cat! And Simon's Cat. Really, all the cats.
15. Do you have a Facebook profile (or other social media) that you are comfortable linking to aid your witch in stalking? Please note whether you are willing to add BPALers as friends.
I listed a bunch of stuff in TwilightEyes' spreadsheet
I love Tara McPherson, so if she were there, then sure! Otherwise, there is nothing that jumps out at me.
17. How important to you is regular contact / chatter with your witch?
I like to know that my witch it out there, and I really enjoy regular contact, but I don't crave constant contact. If I get a chatty witch, though, I can definitely keep up!
18. Do you like puzzles/riddles/treasure hunts and that sort of thing?
I like puzzles a lot - not sure about a treasure hunt though! I love crossword puzzles and logic puzzles.
19. If you were to receive music, would you want a physical CD or digital versions?
Either is good.
20. What’s a current problem/annoyance you have that could be remedied but you haven’t had time to address it?
The dirty floors in my kitchen. But but but! I WILL REMEDY IT, YES I WILL.
21. How do you feel about having some sort of trinket to carry around for good luck/wishes? i.e. a small figurine, symbol, card, coin…
Oh, no thank you.
22. Are you superstitious about anything? Any things you can't have in your house for that reason--bad associations?
Nope, bring it all on.
23. For the vegetarians and vegans: How do you feel about things (say, marshmallows or gummy candy) made with vegan gelatin or other typically-animal-derived-but-not-in-this-instance products?
Well, I am not a vegan, but I will say that sour brite crawlers are one of my seekrit loves. On road trips, I always buy them at gas station convenience stores. My BF thinks they are gross, but I say more for me!
24. Ok, so we've covered pumpkin. How do you feel about the other fall classic – apples?
Noms! Love them. particularly dried apples, applesauce and applebutter.
25. Do you have any fabric or skin-contact aversions?
26. How do you feel about Christmas/Yule ornaments?
I love them. I love having a Christmas tree, and I cherish ornaments that I've received as gifts.
27. How do you feel about Hello Kitty, and Hello Kitty accessories (including mugs, cups, etc)?
Oh, no thank you.
28. If you had a week free where you could learn anything, with no financial restrictions, what would you want to study?
29. Do you enjoy poetry? Who are your favorite poets and what type of subject matter do you like?
To some extent? I like certain poems here and there, but I wouldn't just pick up a poetry book to read cover to cover.
30. Would you enjoy receiving something related to a favorite Disney character?
My favorite disney movie is the Jungle Book, but anything for display would need to be more adult in character.
31. How do you feel about cute things as decorations or accessories? (Example: Would you enjoy this stationery - or do you prefer elegant/creepy/neutral stuff?) I do have a deep and abiding love of office supplies. Post its, pens, thumbtacks, little pads of paper, all of it. I'm not specifically into anime, but I do like bright colored, fun kinds of things. No need to be neutral.
32. What is something you'd really like to recieve from your witch? Please be as specific as possible - no, "Oh whatever she thinks is fine!"
Whatever she thinks is fine! Hee, I'm funny. But in all seriousness, I just like to get things that indicate that some thought was put into the gift. It doesn't have to be handmade if you're not into the craft, it's just nice when my witch takes the time to get to know me and then pick out just the right things.
33. Go to your music source of choice - on random or shuffle setting if possible - & share with us the 10 most recent songs/artists.
1. So American - Portgual. The Man.
2. Best I Ever Had - Gavin De Graw
3. Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine
4. Hip Hop Kids - Portgual. The Man.
5. Say Something - A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera
6. I Won't Grow Up - Audra Mae
7. Better Man - James Morrison
8. Stompa - Serena Ryder
9. Too Close - Alex Clare
10. When I was Your Man - Bruno Mars
34. Tarot cards, rune stones and/or other divination tools yay or nay?
Nay for me. Some of the tarot decks are beautiful, but I don't know how to read and I don't know how much use they would get.
35. Do you have a Celeb crush? or someone who you just can't get enough of....other than your SO
Jon Stewart! I <3 him.
36. Glitter? are you okay with it, or hate it like the plague?
Ooh, maybe no thanks.
37. If there was another time period other than now that described your style/aesthetics, what would it be?
Some weird combination of the 1960s midcentury modern stuff and 1920s arts and crafts.
38. If you had to pick one or two quotes to live by, what would it be and why?
I never had problems with my fellow scientists. Scientists are a friendly, atheistic, hard-working, beer-drinking lot whose minds are preoccupied with sex, chess and baseball when they are not preoccupied with science.
- Yann Martel, Life of Pi
But honestly, I love quotes! For a while, I kept track of them in a now rarely updated livejournal. http://la_boheme_.livejournal.com/
39. Do you prefer physical books? CD books? eBooks? If eBooks do you have preferred format, kindle/nook/kobo/PDF/ePub/ect? eAudio?
I prefer ebooks, and I prefer for the kindle.
40. Smut! Yes or no? If yes, what kink, er, kind?
Hmm... probably no thanks.
41. Ebooks! Yes or no?
42. If you were to get a custom bottle from House of Gloi made for you what notes would create your perfect blend?
Hmmm... carnation, white amber, fig and vanilla bean.
43. If your witch were to take a photograph (or paint or whatever) of something just for you, what would it be? Landscape? Flower? Critter? Something to illustrate a favorite quote? Any of those are fine. I treasure the art that I've gotten from swaps. I like things in bold colors.
44. What is your favorite Halloween animal or other symbol/decoration?
Black cats and bats!
45. Makeup, especially of the indie variety. Nail polish, nail wraps, eyeshadow, lipstick/gloss, etc. Y/N? Specific preferences (color, finish, product, brand, etc.)? I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do like getting it. Nail polish, I'm wide open. I probably won't ever nail wraps. I prefer neutral shades and richer tones for eye shadows - plums, dark greens, browns, blacks. I prefer lip gloss to lip stick, and I hate it when it is too sticky. I actually like the Sephora brand lip gloss a lot.
46. How do you feel about profanity and off-color humor?
47. I make hairsticks...would you like/use them?
Maybe. My hair is very fine and doesn't like to stay up. I would try to use them!
48. Does anyone here LARP? If so, what kind of LARP? And what kind of character do you play?
49. Would you completely freak out if I sent you a chocolate covered scorpion or some other food oddity? This includes things like 'bacon powder' from thinkgeek.com. Maybe no bugs, but other oddities are a-ok!
50. This has kind of been covered, but, are you ok with receiving canned jam (from a veteran jammer!) and if so, what flavors would you like and not like? yes, I would love that! Any kind of fruit jam is good, I'm not super picky. Pretty much the only things I WON'T eat are canned tuna fish and raw tomatoes.
51. Let's talk nail polish. What colors do you love? Hate? Which brands are you dying to try? Have you ever used indies? Do you like glitter? Any textures to avoid (glitter, sand, etc)? Anything is awesome! I do like nail polish, and I've gotten some cool indies in swaps before that I like very much. I'll wear all kinds of crazy colors on my feet, although for my hands I try to stay more neutral and less glittery.
52. How do you feel about getting a special Halloween plushie?
53. I'm in Japan, anything specific you might want from the land of the rising sun?
I love origami paper and rice candies.
54. Are there any GC scents that you know you love, but for whatever reason, keep putting off buying bottles of?
That's on my wishlist, but off the top of my head, Swank is the one that comes to mind.
55. I know not everyone likes Lush products, but if you do, which Lush items would you like to get from your Witch?
I love the Lush Ocean Spray, but it's very spendy. I do not need bar soap, bath bombs or moisturizers. I do love shower gels, scrubs (body/face), and various body "mists".
56. Is there anywhere (in the US) that you are dying to get away to? Also when would you be able to get away. Would this even be something you were interested in? If so, go look at the Southwest sale for routes and dates and times.
My schedule is such that travel is hard except at summer. What a lovely thought, though!
57. If you are ok with receiving t-shirts, what size are you, do you prefer tissue tees, normal crew tees, babydoll etc?
T-shirts are good, I'm usually an XXL girly in any internet brand, or a unisex Large (if there is a men's slim fit option). If there are only men's t-shirts, I'll pass as my boobs are big so men's t-shirts end up looking like a tent on me.
58. THINKGEEK! Who loves it - do you have a wishlist on there?? What are some things you are jonesing for on there for under $20? I think I have a wishlist, but I'll have to scurry of and update it!
59. Zombies, yes or no? Sure, why not?
60. Would you like arm warmers/fingerless gloves? If so, what length? just beyond the wrist, almost to the elbow, full sleeves? Always, and I love ones that go out over the elbow.
61. Do you feel a particular affinity for a specific animal/s? Penguins and giraffes and chickens!
62. Anyone have any Paintbox Soapworks loves? YES Queen of the Damned. But I love all of her scrubs!
63. How would you feel if your witch or a minion of your witch showed up in person at your house with goodies? Thrilled? Annoyed? Completely creeped out? That's cool!
64. Do you have a ravelry account? Tell me about your yarn obsessions. Not a yarnie.
65. Sock Dreams, yay or nay? YAY!!! Sockdreams is love.
66. Knitted items like scarves, shawls, dishclothes....yay or nay? Favorite fibers? Favorite colors? Yay! I leave it up to you as far as fibers, and I think I've answered the color question numerous times.
67. Is your Amazon WL up-to-date? Yep.
68. If you were to receive handmade caramels, would it matter if they were made with raw cream (unpasteurized)? Nope!
69. Would you enjoy getting a sampling of quality incense taken from various sources? Are there types of incense you know you don't like? Would you want a burner for loose incense and a few charcoals to get you started with that, or would you rather stick to simpler types?
I don't know that I would ever use it. I do like candles though!
70. I know we already had a question about needed kitchen accessories, but what about spices?
Sure! I like different kinds of cocoas and sugars, I also like some of the hand mixed blends for curries and tagines. everything else I pretty much have.
71. Would you like handmade stationary or cards? How about a quill pen?
That would be lovely
72. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "gimme that ghost pepper!" and 1 being "oh, that's a bit too much black pepper for me" Where is your heat tolerance?
8. I love me some heat.
73. What is your favorite type of Halloween candy?
I pretty much like anything chocolate. I love mini kit kats.
74. Do you need or want any cosy footwear, like fluffy slippers, or slipper socks etc?
Sure! My feets get very cold in the Michigan winters.
75. What do you most look forward to each Fall?
The leaves changing.
76. What gadgets do you use in your everyday life and would you like a cool case for them - with your favourite fandom or artwork or saying?
I have an Iphone 5, but I don't think I need any cases right now unless my witch found something super awesome that I can't live without. If so, i could trade my free slim armor case for a witchy upgrade.
77. Are there any beauty accessories you need or would like? For example make-up brushes, facial brushes or eyelash curlers.
I honestly can't think of anything right now, but that doesn't mean there isn't something! Maybe some kind of box to keep it organized in my cupboard?
78. Would you be disappointed to get one big box, or would you prefer a bunch of little ones? And would you be disappointed if your witch actually had it together early and sent it to you sooner than later? Whatever my witch wants!
79. Stores are putting out their halloween PJs and undies! Would you be happy to get any in a package? And if so, what size? For PJ pants, do you like cotton or flannel?
Sure! I'm usually an XXL.
80. Do you like M&Ms?
81. How about wax melts?
I don't have a tart burner.
82. Would you like a subscription for Spotify?
I have never used it, but maybe I'd like it? I'm not sure.
83. What scents from the Lillith update would you like to try?
So many! But I probably won't be able to resist a decant circle. Not So Penitent Mini Magdalene, Avunculus, Ghost Houses, Hearts for Ghost Friends, Goofballs, Mermaid, and Venustas.
84. Would you be interested in receiving a box of sugar cube skulls?
85. Skin care routine? Fave cleanser? Toner? Moisturizer? What about body lotions? Any particular brand or scent? Lip balms? Yay or nay?
I don't use lip balms much, if at all. I mostly use Fresh facial cleaser and moisturizer, which is very very very spendy and I would never expect my witch to indulge me that way. Better to indulge my body cleansing needs!
86. Is there anything you would like from Salem MA (mugs, keychains, postcards, etc.or witchy supplies like incense, candles, books)?
Nothing specific comes to mind, but if my witch sees something that seems good for me, then go for it! I do like fridge magnets and awful lot.
87. Would you be interested in any of the items in LisaNut's etsy shop? I like knitted things in general.
88. Spiders (as in cute knit kind) yes or no? Sure!
89. Pillows (the mostly decorative type)? Sure again! I could use some for my guest bedroom (grass green, grey, red) or my living rooms (shades of brown, black, turquoise and red)
90. Any kind of bags - big, small, medium, purse, grocery, etc? Any and all! I love bags. Grocery bags would be especially awesome.
91. Is there anything special coming up in your life? Not that I can think of...
92. Which one scent would you want from each of the following updates: Metamorphosis, Lilith and GC? I haven't gotten my Metamorphosis decants yet, so I don't know! And I didn't even order Lilith decants. GC would be Swank.
93. Are you interested in anything from NYCC? The BPALz!
94. Would something from the Tokyo Game Show (e.g. postcards, fans) possibly interest you? I do not know what this is.
95. Would you enjoy any of these couple rings? Or anything from the same store's Halloween collection? Hmm. No linky anymore.
96. If you imbibe at all ... preference between: wine/beer/cocktails and then glassware and/or bar-ware? cocktail gadgetry? Books on the subject/recipes? would you want sample bottles of local/regional/small batch craft spirits if they were home decanted and labeled? I do imbibe. I love beer, wine and liquor. I do not like sweet cocktails - I like my liquor mixed with liquor. Books are good, especially classic cocktail books, although I have a bunch of those already. Regional spirits would be super awesome. Glassware is always fun, but I think I have pretty much every cocktail gadget. I do collect vintage barware, so if you found something cool at a thrift shop, bring it on!
97. Would you like some chai, lemon, rose water or other flavored sugar cubes? Hmm. Maybe not.
98. Jamberry nail wraps? No thank you.
99. If you had to choose one currently available book (used-but-obtainable counts if you do used) costing $20 or under for your Witch to buy for you, what would it be? The new David Mitchell book! The Bone Clocks.