Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Status report.

Its been a very messy month, but we may have scored finally.

Our landlord at the last location went batshit, most of which I'm not at liberty to talk about, and among other things, he decides at the last minute of our lease that he wants to give over our space to his son, who wants to put on raves there. We had very little time to move, but found a good potential location that we could buy. YAY, no more moving. We find a temporary warehouse 1/3 the size, but it isn't available til about two weeks after time's up in our old place. We split the Lab into three houses and a storage space, and try our best to keep working in those conditions. The temp space opens up, and we move part of production there. The problem is that the place is almost uninhabitable... something we didn't realize until it was too late. The temperature hits between 90-105 in there every day, which will ruin the oils and everyone's temperament, to boot. In the meantime, we lose all of our part-time help, and have to let three employees go. We're suddenly on skeleton crew. 15 days into escrow on the new place, we find out that the listing was bogus, and it is rated CR [commercial restricted] which means that not only can we not manufacture there, we can't even put a retail presence there. We have to pull out of escrow. During this moving extravaganza, a hot water pipe breaks in my house, forcing us to move all the bottles that I was housing here. My floors and walls in three rooms are trashed, the house is uninhabitable, my computer and the brand new server goes down in the flood, and we lose one storage and work space.

In the meantime, we were still looking for somewhere to move and are trying to hire in new people. The hiring process is clunky, as out of 14 resumes that were sent to us, only one person bothers to show for the interview. We post the job again, and are interviewing again this upcoming week. CM+ rated space is hard to come by in LA for a reasonable price, but yesterday [AT LONG LAST] we found a spot. We're not going to know til Tuesday-Wednesday if this is going to work out, but hope springs eternal, as they say. SOoOoooo... cross your fingers for us that the jinx is broken and things will be back to speed asap.

I know I don't have to explain all this, but I'm nothing if not bluntly honest.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. Say an agnostic's prayer for us!

Sign in to follow this