Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Giant Vagina Ghost Monsters

Hazelnut, chebulic myrobalan, red sandalwood, cinnamon, sweet amber, loukhoum, dates, and myrrh.

A sweet nuts scent. I don't get hazelnut specifically so much as a more general, slightly roasted nut note. There is the slightest fruit note to this, that I attribute to the date. The sandalwood and cinnamon are there, but very soft and understated in this scent. They contribute a noticeable sweetness to the scent, as well as playing into the earthy nature of the nut note. Overall, a warm, earthy nut scent with date jam.

My sample arrived here last week and rested for 5 days. 

I'm surprised by that scent, both hazelnut and loukhoum drew me to it. No idea what chebulic myrobalan is. I get zero cinnamon. Overall the scent is slightly sweet, not cloying, and reads dry earthy. Really intrigued by it! Definitely another FS candidate. 

Giant Vagina Ghost Monsters has my fave art from all the Shungas this year, I cackle every time I see it. I have never encountered haritaki (chebulic myrobalan) as a perfume note and was dying to know what this smelled like.

Starts with a pinch of green in the opening, blending into the gentle waxiness of raw hazelnuts. Despite the scent list reading gourmand heavy, I don't consider this a sweet & yummy blend at all. This feels like an age-old honeymoon brew of sorts, an Ayurvedic one designed to keep the constitution balanced so the Kundalini may flow. As a spice enthusiast, I’m also shocked the cinnamon isn’t fierce, it's well-blended into the love concoction. It's not a classic foodie, not a classic nut blend, but a secret third thing.

This has been aging very well, I will hold on to my sample and revisit before right before Shungas depart, I’m happy I was able to try such a unique accord. Throw: medium, Longevity ~8 hrs

Edited by MonBon