Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Clove tries to dominate this right out of the bottle, as it does, but wait it out - the aloeswood shows up and calms things down and it's quite lovely. If good quality Japanese incense is too pricy for you, this would be a great alternative to drip in an oil warmer. While I would classify this as quite masculine, it's honestly very atmospheric - I would love for my whole house to smell like this in its drydown stage.

I'm getting strong spicy sandalwood at first, then later I can tell the charcoal and aloeswood notes are coming out stronger.  I didn't get strong clove but I agree with marared's quality Japanese incense comparison.  

I'm reminded of Pyramid of Skulls.  I thought this might be more harsh and burning but it's warm, glowing and spicy. 

a smoldering, glowy ember of clovey, woodsy incense banked under a soft drift of sandalwood ash.  starts off somewhat powdery from the sandalwood quarter, but settles in a bit sweeter than expected. a husky clove gains prominence as things progress, until it is the dominant note for me.  but i am sensitive to aggressive clove, and it never overwhelms.  

warmth, woodsy spice, just a touch of ashy charcoal, and incense.  (don't think headshop, though.  this incense is a bit more luxe.) i'm pleased with how mellowly it all comes together, with none of the potential harshness that made me wary before trying. it's an enjoyable atmospheric blend, and a faithful representation of the notes/description. if it sounds like something you might like, then you probably will!

Edited by MamaMoth

First sniff: Count Dracula, is that you?! Super spicy clove with a faint background of sandalwood. 

Drydown: Clove, wood, and what reads to my nose as a bit of greenery. Not as complex as the Count, but definitely one of his siblings. I get very little that screams CHARCOAL to me, so it must be exceptionally well-blended. Clove fans need this in their collections, and I need to hunt down a bottle. :)