Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Diving for Treasure

Crushed pearl accord, coconut, orris root, seafoam, immortelle, white balsam, kelp, and wild grasses.

This one is a very beautiful atmospheric sort of scent, and it reminds me a lot of Upslope Fog from 2021 Yules, but where that was more of a misty sage-grey kind of vibe, this is more evocative of clear aqua water with bright overhead sun shining through it, with a bit of tropical foliage hanging out. for those who like color/aesthetic associations :)

In the bottle and wet on skin, ocean air is very forward. And quite honestly, the first bpal aquatic I can think of that actually agrees with my skin chemistry for once. Historically, any kind of ocean/salt air/seafoam/etc note immediately goes dryer sheet on me in a most overpowering unpleasant way. This one toes that line of high-pitched dryer sheet for a few minutes, but never crosses, even with a slather. While wet and drying down, the principal notes seem to be the seafoam, pearl accord, immortelle, and balsam. I suspect those notes are truly what balance out the seafoam note so well for me in the opening. It's a fresh briny crash of a wave tempered with a slight mineralic hint, and a dewy tropical foliage note (immortelle?) with resinous piney balsam threading through. Quite well blended. When I huff deeply, there's almost a play-doh smell lurking, which is probably from the coconut. 

After it's dried down, it's a rather ethereal beachside scent. It's dewy, salty/briny, mineralic, a kiss of pine and green foliage, and the wild grass is beautiful, delicate, and sun warmed. Coconut and orris are anchoring this scent more than anything, and lend subtle sweet creaminess and very little past that. Very close to the skin, I barely notice it after a couple hours. I'll plan to test this alongside Upslope Fog to see how similar these two are.

This is a lovely atmospheric aquatic, beachy without veering into sunscreen or laundry territory. I'm not sure that I can pick out the crushed pearl accord in here. The oceanic notes give the impression of whitecapped waves blowing into a shady cove. The coconut adds a tropical flair without running the show. I get a light floral waft from the immortelle and orris, but it's not sharp or overwhelming. I'm super picky with floral notes and the florals here add to the atmospheric effect of a beach paradise rather than amping to an unpleasant sharpness on my skin.

I want to go to this beach! I will definitely enjoy the rest of this decant, it's a lovely aquatic.

I would describe this as a light, atmospheric, slightly aquatic, but more white musk scent. I can't pick out any of the individual notes at all. On me the scent is a pale fog that vaguely reads as orris, with a slightly earthy, crushed rocks and crystal quality (I attribute to the pearl note), green plants (balsam and immortelle), and just the slightest aquatic note (sea foam). I do not smell anything I'd attribute to coconut or kelp and grasses.

Overall, I would describe this as a white musk atmospheric scent, that's slightly on the rocky and aquatic side.

Tested from an ajevie slonk! I find this is a muddle of pleasant beach impressions that doesn't unfold or expand once worn on the skin.  The throw is light but the staying power isn't too bad.  Nothing stood out in this blend to me. Nothing emerged as the note leader, and I found myself frustrated that the green parts of this scent seem to be very far down in the scent tree.

It's not bad, but not the pine and beach rocks I was hoping to experience. If you do not enjoy aquatics, this one is only gently aquatic and wouldn't give you much trouble.  I didn't find this to be too dryer-sheet like, but it is still there for those who avoid that note.

Edited by Llanval

This one is beachy coconut first and foremost, amped up by the pearl accord and orris. There are hints of clean (as opposed to salty) aquatic notes in the background, but the coconut is strongest on my skin. I'll keep my decant for summer wear, but I think I was hoping for this to be a little more aquatic-forward.

Such a gorgeous beachy coconut in the imp! And thankfully that stays on my skin, I was worried about the orris putting a damper on things. The marine notes in this are very gentle, just playing supporting roles to the coconut. I agree this is more of a clean aquatic than a salty one, it's bright and fresh.