Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Discarded Images of the Floating World

Silvered mint leaf and green tea with lemon blossom, white musk, juniper berry, green oud, Tuscan leather, mate, bergamot, and green amber.

I'm testing this right outta the mail box. It's super interesting and beautiful! I'm afraid I can't do it justice. There's a fruitiness or sweetness that hits first, then dusty leather is the second note I detect. Together they form an interesting scent but I have to admit I wish the leather was less dusty (again, this is right out of the mailbox so I'll update this review if anything changes). I'm super happy  to have taken a chance on blind bottling this because it's wonderful! 

Discarded Images goes on lightly sweet and hazy green - there's definitely a shimmery silvered quality to it. Lemon blossoms bloom in soft focus alongside bergamot, juniper. A soft leather warms its way into the background, deliciously mingled with mate, green tea, and green amber. I'm not getting anything dusty, although the combined effect of these notes is a bit earthy, in a fresh way. I'm not able to pick out anything recognizable as oud until the drydown, where it adds some welcome dimension, stealthily aligning with the leather.

I hesitate to say that this is spa-like, because I don't mean that in a reductive way. It reminds me a bit of Bulgari's green tea scent (au thé vert) that I used to wear a whole lifetime ago, which I thought smelled clean/unisex/gorgeous/expensive. This is better: more grounded and less floral. 

Minty, woodsy leather. The leather is the strongest note on me in this scent. It almost smells like wood, and I think that's do to the various plant and 'green' notes. The mint is close behind the leather, and has a depth and green, almost forest-y roundness to it in this scent. I don't get bergamot, but the other notes combine to form something that reminds me of a lush, pine forest note. Overall, the scent brings to mind a gathering of pine forest plants, dominated by mint, bound together in leather.

a varierty of teas, greenery, some leather....smells interesting and unexpected and well blended...i like where this is going...it sweetens up a bit, possibly from the mint leaf...this is such an atmospheric scent...the greenery is almost 3d and in you can almost feel it in your face...the leather note is lurking queitly in the background....i'm warming up to this blend...will do a retest again in the coming days.

Testing this one was a journey! In the decant, it's greens and juniper. Once it goes on, the leather and oud really amp up, and a slight smokiness enters the scent. At this point, it's leaning noticeably masc. After drydown is where this scent really shines. The smokiness and the leather note calm down, and the green tea, mint, and citrus notes reassert themselves. The oud is still a strong presence, but it's non-indolic -- just a sort of creamy woodiness that complements the leather note. (The juniper also pretty much disappears on drydown, but I don't particularly miss it.) After drydown, this is a really beautiful interplay of light, clean, green notes and more grounded leather/oud. It smells gender-neutral and expensive. I have to wait until drydown for this blend to get to a place where I like it, but once it's there, it's great. I don't have anything quite like this in my collection and will probably want more of it.

This is so soothing and tranquil. In the imp I get a gentle mint and green tea combo, rounded out by a very light amber. On my skin the amber and a gentle hint of oud (light, woody not funky) and smooth leather make a base for the other notes to dance on top of. It's a gentle green blend, lightly herbal. Mostly green tea with a bit of sweet mint and bergamot, but if I search I can find the juniper berry and the lemon blossom.