Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Copulating Couple Mimicking a Pose in a Shunga Book

Gotta say, this is everything that I hoped it would be: a dry green grass blend, subtle and sophisticated. Low throw, long wear.

In the bottle: Green tea, and a kind of fakey commercial perfume freshness. It's a bit like fruit, and a bit strong for my tastes.

Wet: Tea, herbs, and a fresh kind of aquatic greenness. A hint of something like modelling clay.I think it might be the lichen. There's also a sort of papery note. I think it is the washi.

Dry: Starting to get a sort of papery incense aroma, which is probably the patchouli, it often registers as incense to my nose. Also, I think I'm getting a bit of the bergamot now, which might be the fruitiness I detected earlier.

After a few minutes: Dry, tangy, papery herbal with a hint of something like playdoh, but in an oddly good way.

The incense-y qualities that I usually find in patchouli are coming to the fore. They're actually sweetening up the dryness of the herbs.

After first hour: I wasn't too keen on the previous stages, I found them a little cloying, but now the patchouli has given it a lovely powdery, incense-y sweetness.

For those who like a filthy patchouli, I don't think this is it. It's very soft and clean, but your mileage may vary based on your own skin chemistry.

I have no idea where the mint is. I would have preferred it to be a little more prominent.

After two and a half hours: Soft, papery, incense-y herbal green tea.Very soothing and comforting. I wasn't expecting this to happen after the way it started off.

After 5 hours: Soft patchouli and green herbs.

Slather test: Bright, fresh, incensey, minty and clean. I definitely like this more than I did at the beginning.

Final verdict: I sort of enjoyed this, but I need to ponder whether or not to keep it.

So... I grabbed a decant of this one because of the washi and the matcha.

And... it definitely is a scent that is mostly about the washi, so if you're looking to try the Lab's interpretation of that, this would be a good scent to try.

To me, the washi reminds me of some cucumber-y paper notes that sometimes pop up in book scents or in the Lab's Crumpled Wrapping Paper SN. The cucumber vibe will fade away, but it makes it go from more of a wet sort of paper to a drier one. I never am able to detect the matcha or mint, but I do get what I believe is the lichen and moss making it more cologne-y on me over time. By the end of the day, there's a hint of patchouli, but it is very mild here.

The paper-y washi note isn't one that I really enjoy (I prefer the ones that tend to lean sweeter), and I'm sad that I didn't get any matcha, but I'm glad that I tried this to experience that washi note!

Very green, fibrous plant scent. The washi, matcha, moss, and lichen all combine to form a lush green undergrowth note. The patchouli is in the background, giving a slight earthy spice. And there is just enough mint to be noticeable. 

I grabbed a decant of Copulating Couple secondhand once I realized the scent could be very close to the Two Pairs of Lovers atmo (Green tea, oakmoss, frankincense, mint absolute, and raw green patchouli.), and it is! I agree with doomsday that the washi has a cucumber-type smell, and it makes this feel more water elemental than the atmo, and I’m enjoying it! There’s a slight… juiciness to it, like eating candy that makes your mouth water, yet it’s also dry & papery green. Yum!
I saw a partial bottle I hope to snag next time I have funds. 

Wearing this scent is really making my morning feel relaxed and easy~

This is truly a perfume built to help people feel cool and fresh throughout the winter/early spring season (especially if you're like me and live in a city where every public building cranks their thermostat up to 11 and makes everything feel like a hot, prickly vibe).

Copulating Couple is a very light perfume that starts off with a 'cool water' musk that turns mildly sweet (likely from the mint), before turning crisp and lichen-esque. There's also something at the end that smells spicy (probably the patchouli?) that for some reason, keeps making me think of wasabi. My nose is probably broken, but even my SO agrees that it reminds him of horseradish.  Sadly, the green tea note is barely there for me--it's a note that I'd absolutely have to root around for when inhaling the scent. It's there, but it's a microscopic note among the other parts of the fragrance. I really do like the mint and lichen in this, so I'll let it age and hope the green tea pops out more.