Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Contest of Colors, Pink Peach Blossoms and White Plum Flowers

Pink peach blossoms, white plum flowers, carnation petals, labdanum, skin musk, and white amber.

I originally almost posted this under Aroused Prostitute From Maruyama, because the bottles were sitting side by side and it made sense with the notes! My first impression, without checking the notes, was peach tea - it reminds me of my bag of peach oolong but less astringent. The amber comes out almost immediately and makes the peach warmer and fuzzier, and does that "expensive dryer sheets" thing that amber sometimes does, but the labdanum takes over after a few minutes and pushes the amber down. It takes a while for the other florals to peek through and they're very low-key. It's just a very warm resinous peach, and I bet this will be smashing to layer with!

Bought this for my partner in memory of my first Shunga/BPAL purchase in 2018. I bought her Cat Chasing Butterflies, so I assumed this would be close.

Here's our review! It smells like candy peaches to her, sweet, & just can't get enough. She doesn't know what else to say. Haha

For me, the experience is soft, peachy-plum petals, light skin musk, warmed up with carnation petals. The labdanum is sweet & adds a sweet "wake up" note  Very good throw, & tame too.

Reaching down into a barrel of vibrant fruit blossom flavored hard candies, just to feel all of those thousands of small, sweet treasures with your fingertips, pushing further down through their cool weight, sugared orbs clicking together like porcelain buttons, glass eyes, faceted gems, a plume of fragrance released, boiled syrup and dripping fruit flesh, and frothy clouds of frilled, perfumed petals.

Lots of good notes. I was hoping for peach blossom'd labdanum, & will hang on to my decant in the hope that age will get me there. I'll also try it in a locket.

Testing the decant today, my skin grabbed on to something bitter in this blend, & wouldn't let it go. The white plum flowers & white amber are notes I don't have a track record with, so they could be the culprits.  

candy peach tea, then plum and carnation in the drydown. didn’t let it rest and will update more, but this is the winner of my two blind bottles so far 

Peach is first to the party in a halo of white petals. Over time, carnation begins to shine through, supported by the musk and resin. Even so, I can still detect a thread of peach twining among the rich floral spice. It’s lovely. Something I’d choose for an evening on the town.

I haven't had many blind buy fails from bpal lately, but this was one of my recent fails.  It's all nondescript, intensely sour fruitiness, soapy floral, and sharp white musk on me, very high pitched and strong enough to give me a headache.