Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Call of the Geese Meeting at Night

A raucous honk of red currant snuggled in downy orris root, coconut, and sandalwood smoke.

Woodsy orris with a side of coconut. On me, the orris root is definitely the strongest. The orris and coconut combo here reminds me of Blood Pearl. To me, the combo mixes together to make this semi-sweet white musk scent, which the orris root dominates. I can't pick out the sandalwood on its own in this scent. The orris root more has a woodsy, almost resin like quality to it, as opposed to smoky. Another pleasant orris root scent, imo. The other notes are playing second fiddle, but are still bringing something to the scent.

Coconut! Not at all tropical. Cozy and snuggly. This actually reminds me of an old imp of Brown Jenkin that I've been hanging onto forever. I got myself a fresh big bottle of Brown Jenkin, because I love that imp so much, and I've been patiently waiting for it to age to the same point as that imp... It's taking forever, and I'm still enjoying the sweeter, more potent coconut for now, but this THIS is like fast forwarding to the aged version! Just what I wanted!

First bottle sniff was a bit rough - green banana acetone, to my nose. Super aromatic. But it ended dry, scratchy and a hint sweet, almost makes me think this has cocoa, but I think it's just the combination with coconut. I don't think I get any red currant so far, but this was a fairly fresh-from-the-mail test, and it's really nice as-is. Glad I went for this.