Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

At the Tea Drinking

This is beautiful!  As far as orange scents, this might be one of the best (I only briefly tried Orange, a long time ago, so I can't compare it to that).  

It's not orange single note obviously but I feel the tea note (I think that's what kamairicha is...) and champaca blossom are very much supporting orange as the main player.  There's a hint of white floral here and I guess that is the champaca blossom.  I love the Lab's champaca note but I'm not getting a strong sense of it here, and it seems more floral.  It is blended really smoothly with the orange.  And I'm not sure I'm smelling the kamairicha at all.  

This will be great in warm weather, or any time I need a cheerful burst of orange.  It doesn't change much in the drying stages, but it does last a long time on me.  

This is mostly about the tea and blood orange on me (but the blood orange isn't a citrus bomb), backed by the smoothest and least champaca-y champaca blossom ever. It does not have any incense-y quality to it whatsoever. It's definitely floral, but not a soapy or a heady one.  I think the kamairicha may be a bit deeper than the Lab's traditional green tea note, because it didn't make me think of the green tea that the Lab traditionally uses, but it's hard to describe it just melds with the more prominent orange so wonderfully.

I think it's pretty and will definitely be hanging onto my decant to wear it during the spring or early summer. But I'll have to retest it before it goes away to see if I need to upgrade to a bottle. At the moment, I feel like just the decant will suffice, but maybe that's because it couldn't compete with Neglected Calligraphy (which I tested on the other hand at the same time and was glued to throughout wear).

ETA: This has become more floral tea and less orange-y after a few months of aging, but it's still a really nice floral tea scent kissed with orange.

Edited by doomsday_disco

A floral tea scent on me. This is almost a tea single note to start with. As it wears, the champaca blossom comes out, giving the scent a strong floral roundness to it. The orange becomes barely noticeable as it wears. Overall, a strong floral tea scent.

Absolutely beautiful tea & floral scent. Refreshing, but kinda heavy, long wear time too. Scent is close a vintage Lily of the Valley by Avon to me!

A lovely tea-floral-citrus combo is very much my jam pretty much always, so it's not really a surprise this is a hit. I'd not originally just gone for a bottle because champaca is one of my hit and miss floral notes as to whether it is beautiful or musty on my skin, but here it's playing nice. I am likely going to have to go in for a bottle before the Lupers go away.

On my skin, the blood orange is definitely the most fragrant note. It is just peeled and dripping fragrant juices onto fingers and tables. There is a gentle waft of the champaca blossom under it making it more floral and keeping the sweetness of this blood orange from getting sticky, instead staying aromatically airy and tart. The tea is a lovely warm note supporting it all, distinct but calm and supportive. 

I'd say this is a warmer scent than either Aizen-Myoo or Night-Gaunt, but if you like either of those, you will likely enjoy this but also find it distinct enough to be worth your while.