Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Abalone and Peach Blossoms

Crushed abalone accord, sea salt, peach blossoms, sweet plum, water lily, and pink grapefruit.

without rest, this was very salty and a little like expensive soap.

luckily, the peach has been coming out more as it rests and i’m really pleased with it! it’s clean (not in the white musk way) and soft, i’ll update more as it matures a bit. 

Abalone and Peach Blossoms does start out quite salty on my skin, but it shifts fairly quickly as it dries. It is somehow warm and sweet but also cool and aquatic at the same time, depending on which notes you catch in a given moment (an impressive interpretation of the label art). Sea salt, crushed abalone and grapefruit create a decidedly pink sea air vibe, and then peach blossoms and plum with just a breath of water lily bring some blushing sweet warmth into the picture.

Once it's dry, it smells the way the inside of a seashell looks. I'm not usually into aquatics but I am really enjoying this one. It will be in the rotation for sundress season for sure. 

ETA: Five-ish months later this is still a stunner, and less salty to my nose. I am so impressed with this because I can't consistently do aquatics or pretty peachy stuff but I just love this one!

Edited by LavenderCoffee

I get fancy soap at first, and then warm florals that are cut by the peach blossoms and grapefruit. The peach blossoms aren't screechy this time, thank goodness, but when it all dries down, I get the milky honey from White Rabbit with a touch of dryer sheet. It's nice, even comforting, but I think I'll just keep the imp. 

Abalone with sea salt. The woodsy, almost resin like, aquatic abalone is strong on me. I also get the additional sea salt and the florals, though the florals are in the back and indistinguishable from each other. The grapefruit I smelled in the decant is nowhere to be found on my skin. Overall, an abalone heavy scent, the sea salt brings an additional aquatic nature to the scent, while the florals contribute to resiny plant like quality of the abalone. An interesting aquatic, but not for me.

On me, this dries down to an amazing salty, almost milky peach blossom with some glistening citrus streaks in it.  Incredibly wearable.  Takes a few hours to develop from a seawater and plum blast to the final item, and it's lovely all the way.

In the imp I get a really light plum and peach blossoms, breezy and fruity, with just a touch of sea air. On my skin the waxy, cool water lily comes out with just a sliver of grapefruit. In the end it is much less fruity and more beachy, but the fruity sweetness helps keep the salty notes from being harsh. 

Salty aquatic, clean and bright, but not outright soapy on my skin, with the sweetness of the peach blossom coming through in a really beautiful way.  The peach blossom smells like creamy petals and sweet, slightly honeyed, ripe peaches to my nose.  I can smell a hint of sugared grapefruit every once in a while as well, but mostly an impression of salty sea breezes and lovely peach blossoms.