Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pale white rosebuds aflame with sweet amber, golden honey, frothy ambergris, vanilla bean, red benzoin, and coconut milk.

Y'all, holy sh*t. Fresh from the Lab, so no guarantees it will smell like this tomorrow, a week, a month, or year from now, but...

...it's basically Katrina van Tassel goes on a date with one of the Lost Boys at the seaside carnival at Santa Carla and I adore it. :wub2:

The sweet amber/rose combo in Tovenares was a huge 2022 hit for me, and you usually can't go wrong with the other notes here, although I was afraid the coconut milk would go plastic but it doesn't, also afraid the honey would smell of pee but it doesn't.

It's basically that white rose and honey cream vibe from KvT, especially in the beginning. A bit of clean freshness from the frothy ambergris making a short appearance, but mostly KvT. On final drydown, a bit of woody, resinous benzoin/amber comes up underneath, somewhat envie Saphir/limestone-ish, with the salt from the ambergris and that teeny bit of coconut milk giving it this ever so popcorn/seaside carnival vibe and it's lit. 

If this keeps up for the next month or two I'm getting backups. 

A sweet and delicious honeyed rose. Right away, this gives me some of the same good honey/rose balance as Jezebel, but with an added sweetness. The combination of vanilla, ambergris, and coconut milk reads as cotton candy to me. I am going to give this one a full day's wear tomorrow to see how it performs long term, but for now I have hope it will fill the hole in my heart left by Jezebel being out of stock.

Wow. This is amazing and better than I had imagined it would be. All of these notes are a total yes for me and I didn’t think twice about a blind bottle. I sniffed straight from the mail and just had to apply immediately. It’s a perfectly sweet honeyed rose with a lightly resinous base. Instant love for this one and I will not be able to restrain myself from purchasing another bottle or two. 

From a well rested bottle:

Wet: A white rose dripping in an almost colorless honey. This honey is sweet but not cloying. This stays the main player, but is warmed considerably for quite a bit. 

The amber, vanilla bean, and ambergris combine in the background to bring this gorgeously golden and warm feeling to the honeyed rose.

Like a previous reviewer, I am reminded of Katrina Van Tassel. Unlike them though, I'm not getting any saltish vibes. The coconut milk isn't noticable at this point. 

The white rose and honey both calm and combine with the other background players as it dries and becomes beautifully blended coziness. Way later in the drydown, the rose all but disappears and leaves a warmth of a scent that is golden, creamy, sweet and resinous.

A warm, golden, and yes, frothy concoction that is creamy, a bit sweet and fresh. Words do this no justice. 

This is the more sophisticated, older sister to Katrina Van Tassel, IMO.

This is multiple bottle worthy. 

Edited by saralaughs

I haven't smelled Katrina Van Tassel; I'm a newbie.

This is making me think of a grown-up, sex-positive Alice. There's an innocence and playfulness of the rosebud, but I agree with the image of going out to a carnival from @RoseThornAndOak

Like Alice in her 30s dressed up in an Alice dress and went to ride the ferris wheel and play Skee-Ball, all whilst seeing whom she might take home as a prize.

Very wearable and I think it will be a favorite. 

Edited by elissamay

This is definitely in the same family as Katrina Van Tassel and From Whose Eyes As They Glance Flowed Love. It smells like sweet, velvety rose petals floating in vanilla, milk, and honey. I don't detect the benzoin or ambergris much until far into the dry down, which ends up being fairly faint so far. But the low throw on this makes it a great choice for when you want to smell pretty but not in-your-face about it. 

I never got to smell KVT, but this does remind me of a fresher rose version of Dead Blonde, almost exactly. To Lallie is like what DB would smell like before it went out to put suntan lotion on and sit by the pool.

Beautiful fresh rose, honey, and a little coconut milk. I think the rest of the notes are providing a little more of a sweet dimension. 

I love DB, and To Lallie is like a close dead ringer, but with a fresher rose. Love it!

What a stunner! A sweet honeyed rose on a soft base of cream. Very smooth and seductive, all the notes come together to become something almost seaside, like a sugared white cotton candy taffy rose. Yep, it's the same white rose note from KVT and White Rose, but Lallie is MUCH more delicious to me. Maybe it's the addition of the gorgeous coconut milk, benzoin and ambergris giving it more glowing depth. I wasn't wowed by KVT but I love this. 

Edited by Jenjin

I tested this on Monday and decided to give it the full-slather scent of the day treatment today.

I think To Lallie is one of the standout rose scents from this year's Lupercalia update. It's a sugared rose, although I wouldn't have been able to tell you that it's honey or vanilla doing the sweetening (although I do get the creaminess from the coconut milk after the scent leaves the wet stage -- however, it is no way overtly coconut-y). I agree with the comparisons to Katrina van Tassel. While I did not deathmatch the two side by side, I did retest Katrina van Tassel yesterday and noticed the similarity, although I'd say this one is sweeter and even better. Slathered, I do get some slightly salty, musky ambergris by the end of the day, but when I tested it on Monday (no slather), I didn't pick up on it. The resins do not stand out to me, and I'm thankful for that as rose + resins aren't really my jam.

This is really lovely and I'm debating grabbing more of it, although I already have plenty of rose scents in my collection.

The honey in this scent makes the rose so sweet, I first read it as more of a pink rose than white. This scent is definitely a sweetened rose scent at its core. The amber and ambergris follow behind but are playing support here. I don't get the other notes at all, though I suspect the vanilla and coconut milk are adding to the striking sweetness of the rose. This may be too sweet for me, but I'm sure this is a honeyed rose lover's jam.

this is a pale and ethereal scent on my skin....a fluffly marshmallow type of rose with just enough sweetness from the honey and vanilla. If you're a fan of Love from the 2013 Lilith Drawings collection, then Lallie may be up your alley as it smells more refined and polished.

I didn't like this at all it smells just like a fragrance oil I bought for $5.00 at one of those places that sells fragrance oils for DIY soaps.candles etc.Maybe it's just too sweet or too much rose for me. It does have very good throw and lasted a super long time on me.

I don't think that To Lallie smells like Katrina Van Tassel because To Lallie is much sweeter and KVT only has a tiny hint of honeyed cream where this has a much stronger vanilla-d aspect.  The rose in To Lallie is sweet in itself, slightly fruity and bubblegummy, where the rose in KVT is more mature and winelike to me.  To Lallie reminds me of a lot of other indie perfumes that I've tried that were vanilla & rose, so I get what shadowlover is saying, and it does have a heavy-handed sort of bluntness that reminds me of a lot of bath and body indie oils.  When I wore To Lallie yesterday, I kept thinking that it reminded me of Solstice Scents' Rose Mallow Cream, but way less complex and not as sophisticated, and the cool vanilla kind of reminded me of Solstice Scents' Nightgown as well after a while.  To Lallie feels very heavy to me and I wanted it to have some complexity to it that it just doesn't to my nose.  I don't get any amber, ambergris, benzoin or coconut.  To Lallie is vanilla and rose on me in equal parts and I can't really pick out any of the other notes, so I feel like I already own this scent in my collection several times over.  If you were looking for a very sweet bpal vanilla & rose, though, this could be worth picking up.

Gosh this is lovely. I wasn't sure about the ambergris and coconut components, but I love how this scent comes together. The wear for me is a light vanilla rose. If you don't think you like rose because it's too bold, this may be a good one to try out. The throw is pretty subtle for rose, but still mostly a rose scent.

I waffled about this, but I regretted not getting Katrina von Tassel, so I talked myself into it.

It's a scent I'd wear when I want to feel pretty, feminine, and sweet but sophisticated. It's a sweet lightly honeyed pink rose - primarily that - but there's something really interesting in the background that's coconut creamy + a little whisper of salty air: unexpected, and making it more complex, and intriguing. I'd want to smell someone more, if they smelled like this. 🙂

This is one is lovely,  on me this is a very white rose forward scent with subtle vanilla and coconut milk in the background. I initially hesitated to try this because coconut often does not work on me but this is more of a creamy coconut milk note rather than pure coconut. I can't really detect the other notes here and I can only really smell the coconut milk if I put my nose to wrist. It reminds me a little of From Whose Eyes As They Glance Flowed Love because they are both creamy rose scents to my nose but To Lallie is less sweet and the white rose is more prominent. People who enjoyed From whose eyes may enjoy this one too. It is a creamy white rose scent on me.

While I haven't been fortunate enough to try the coveted Katrina van Tassel, I do agree with the posters who mentioned the similarity to From Whose Eyes. This is the same kind of rose, but less sweet and more grown up.

To Lallie hits me with a cloying honeyed rose right off the bat, but it's soon tempered by the beachy ambergris (and presumably the amber and benzoin, I just can't smell them here). I also get a light splash of coconut milk, adding to the creaminess of the blend. It's a subtly sexy summer rose.

A good scent for people who normally have a hard time wearing rose. I really like it, and am considering a bottle. Truly beautiful stuff.

Initially, a bold, candied, fruity rose I've smelled in several of the labs recent offerings, including Rose Moon 23. I'm not too keen on it. Reminds me of Rapture Pig's rose. I'm hoping for more complexity on the skin.

Sniffing my wrist, this is still very much about the rose, but it's softening - smoothing out into something more natural, but still very pink. Dare I say, this is Barbie's rose? Coconut emerges, and now it's Barbie at the beach, in her checkered swimsuit.

I'm not getting much more than that, pink rose and coconut. Simple, but entirely pleasant. It's very reminiscent of Roses, Diamonds, and Pearls, but has more of a satin finish, if that makes sense. 

It's not really blowing me away, but I'm not an avid rose collector. We'll see if To Lallie blossoms into something more unique after a few months.